Was 4th and 14 the best thing to happen to UM?....

Advertisement
This plan was put in motion well before 4th and 14. That said, Forfeit State was probably the nail in the coffin for Manny/Blake.
I hate losing, and I especially hate losing to Forfeit State, but if Mario has us competing for the playoffs in the next few years and being "in the hunt" on a nearly yearly basis, then it will have been worth it.
I agree I think it was a done deal however he could have really complicated things

K9 has a good point though too

Honestly I think many of us were concerned that firing Manny and Blake wouldn’t be enough anyway

It would have just been another round of musical chairs in the clown show

But the commitment we’ve seen so far is just different, even if we don’t necessarily nail it perfectly the first time

I agree I think it was a done deal however he could have really complicated things

K9 has a good point though too

Honestly I think many of us were concerned that firing Manny and Blake wouldn’t be enough anyway

It would have just been another round of musical chairs in the clown show

But the commitment we’ve seen so far is just different, even if we don’t necessarily nail it perfectly the first time

thats the thing, in the past we would just put a band-aid over everything

This here is complete overhaul and change in approach

We are now playing big-time college football. They have truly entered the arms race

Advertisement
thats the thing, in the past we would just put a band-aid over everything

This here is complete overhaul and change in approach

We are now playing big-time college football. They have truly entered the arms race
It’s really hard to explain to anyone outside of our little bubble how good this feels

I know you get it but this isn’t a Mario = savior thing

It’s bigger than Mario. It’s something that hopefully outlasts Mario (unless he’s here for 20 years)

No Fly, if there ever was a year to lose to FSU, I guess this is the one. I find losses to rivals in seasons where you are really good (such as the 89 loss) to be much more painful (not that any of them are particularly enjoyable)
You are my brother!!!

Advertisement
It’s really hard to explain to anyone outside of our little bubble how good this feels

I know you get it but this isn’t a Mario = savior thing

It’s bigger than Mario. It’s something that hopefully outlasts Mario (unless he’s here for 20 years)

Mario is the driver, but the whole engine -- well, the whole automobile -- needed to be overhauled. Then also a new garage, mechanics, parts, all that stuff

This wasn't just about one coach

No, that was just a blessing. The 5 rings are the best thing to happen to UM.

Well put.

Miami has had a slew of better moments—as great moments that led to great things are better than bad things that are blessing in disguise.

4th-and-14 for a 5-4 team that helped usher Diaz out ain't better than Kenny Calhoun's two-finger tip en route to that first title, or anything else that led to championships, comebacks, etc.

Definitely the best bad things that happened to Miami, en route to something great, though.

Would've been tougher to fire a coach who won six in a row—but believe that Michigan State was the moment and that guys like Ruiz and Mas weren't going to lose their big money battled because Diaz went 6-0 down the stretch instead of 5-1.

Advertisement
If you believe certain insiders who have been predicting things like Nostradamus (I do) then the wheels were in motion way before the FSU game. Regardless, we’re in a pretty good spot right now. Not just because of a coaching change but a philosophy change in the athletic department. For the first time EVER, Miami is committed to doing what it takes. We don’t need all the dominoes to fall a certain way or get a ton of good breaks for us to be a contender again. I always hoped for the best under the previous coaching staffs but I always knew full well that Miami was playing with one hand tied behind their back when compared to the real powerhouse programs. It’s like after 20 years, the other hand is finally untied.

Advertisement
God ****, k9.

I can't believe you would type this and slap send.

No man, it is never great losing to Florida State. That man was gone regardless.

Advertisement
Back