Was 4th and 14 the best thing to happen to UM?....

still haven't come down from this Cristobal/Rad high, but it got me thinking -- since two people had said to me that Manny winning out would have increased his chances of sticking around (something that is debatable, but also believable) --- but FSU winning that game being the best thing to happen to Miami in the long run. That being the absolute nail in the coffin for Manny/Blake.

Honestly, I couldn't have stomached another season with Diaz under any circumstance.

Now to see Mario and the stuff he's already doing in hitting the pavement in recruiting, has got me more excited than the Pointer Sisters.

BTW, I was told a story about a player (and I can't reveal who, lol) who transferred to another program late in his career. Someone asked him what the difference was between that and Miami, and his response was basically : I really didn't even know what big-time college football was, how tough it is, and really what football was, till I got there (to the other program).

So yeah, that's what Mario has to change. And it will be interesting to see who gets weeded out after the spring practices. I think this will be a culture shock to more than a few guys on the current squad
YES!!!
1639155493705.gif

Advertisement
If that doesnt happen we probably not here. Thought that game was easy but when I saw it tight I was like its probably best to lose it to force the BOT hand. Somebody had to do it for them cause we couldnt

Advertisement
That shot of hiim arriving in the limo and the team rocking the bus was so embarrassing. Just go dominate. We're not in the WWF.

it's OK, when you win, cringe worthy when you lose

Kinda like the Turnover Chain...

But that was Manny Diaz in a nutshell -- more sizzle than steak

still haven't come down from this Cristobal/Rad high, but it got me thinking -- since two people had said to me that Manny winning out would have increased his chances of sticking around (something that is debatable, but also believable) --- but FSU winning that game being the best thing to happen to Miami in the long run. That being the absolute nail in the coffin for Manny/Blake.

Honestly, I couldn't have stomached another season with Diaz under any circumstance.

Now to see Mario and the stuff he's already doing in hitting the pavement in recruiting, has got me more excited than the Pointer Sisters.

BTW, I was told a story about a player (and I can't reveal who, lol) who transferred to another program late in his career. Someone asked him what the difference was between that and Miami, and his response was basically : I really didn't even know what big-time college football was, how tough it is, and really what football was, till I got there (to the other program).

So yeah, that's what Mario has to change. And it will be interesting to see who gets weeded out after the spring practices. I think this will be a culture shock to more than a few guys on the current squad
Lawrence Cager at UGA?

Yes. Diaz the politician winning out would have kept the status quo in place and who knows if the stars would have aligned so perfectly for Mario in the future.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This plan was put in motion well before 4th and 14. That said, Forfeit State was probably the nail in the coffin for Manny/Blake.
I hate losing, and I especially hate losing to Forfeit State, but if Mario has us competing for the playoffs in the next few years and being "in the hunt" on a nearly yearly basis, then it will have been worth it.

Still I would trade the Georgia Tech and NC State wins to have beaten FSU.

This plan was put in motion well before 4th and 14. That said, Forfeit State was probably the nail in the coffin for Manny/Blake.
I hate losing, and I especially hate losing to Forfeit State, but if Mario has us competing for the playoffs in the next few years and being "in the hunt" on a nearly yearly basis, then it will have been worth it.
Virginia was that moment fwiw Truth be told, it all began when Manny was hired. He was a bridge, not the final destination.

Advertisement

So yeah, that's what Mario has to change. And it will be interesting to see who gets weeded out after the spring practices. I think this will be a culture shock to more than a few guys on the current

You had me agree, when you mentioned the Pointer Sisters! 😊.

Advertisement
Back