Was 4th and 14 the best thing to happen to UM?....

Advertisement
I remember being at the Wilder-Ortiz II fight and seeing the score updates. I was stunned it was happening...
****, a good place to be, at the moment. I'm pretty sure you would have thrown up or fainted if YOU saw that game in person.

I saw it from my couch and had vertigo for hours.

still haven't come down from this Cristobal/Rad high, but it got me thinking -- since two people had said to me that Manny winning out would have increased his chances of sticking around (something that is debatable, but also believable) --- but FSU winning that game being the best thing to happen to Miami in the long run. That being the absolute nail in the coffin for Manny/Blake.

Honestly, I couldn't have stomached another season with Diaz under any circumstance.

Now to see Mario and the stuff he's already doing in hitting the pavement in recruiting, has got me more excited than the Pointer Sisters.

BTW, I was told a story about a player (and I can't reveal who, lol) who transferred to another program late in his career. Someone asked him what the difference was between that and Miami, and his response was basically : I really didn't even know what big-time college football was, how tough it is, and really what football was, till I got there (to the other program).

So yeah, that's what Mario has to change. And it will be interesting to see who gets weeded out after the spring practices. I think this will be a culture shock to more than a few guys on the current squad

This is one of the few times I’ve ever heard an Asian talking about being high. You and Bobby Lee. That’s it.

I think Fsu winning that game cost them more than they’ll ever know.

Diaz wins that game and finishes 8-4 maybe 9-4 with a bowl win and it buys him maybe more more year.

Losing that game really just completely unleashed the Kraken amongst the fans and boosters who really cared

Perhaps, but TVD getting in there and us looking like a different team meant something. The FSU loss showed everyone that even with the hottest QB in college football, Manny still found a way to lose. That was a giant nail that wasn't ever coming out of his coffin.
Let's hope he's better than Justin Herbert

Advertisement
still haven't come down from this Cristobal/Rad high, but it got me thinking -- since two people had said to me that Manny winning out would have increased his chances of sticking around (something that is debatable, but also believable) --- but FSU winning that game being the best thing to happen to Miami in the long run. That being the absolute nail in the coffin for Manny/Blake.

Honestly, I couldn't have stomached another season with Diaz under any circumstance.

Now to see Mario and the stuff he's already doing in hitting the pavement in recruiting, has got me more excited than the Pointer Sisters.

BTW, I was told a story about a player (and I can't reveal who, lol) who transferred to another program late in his career. Someone asked him what the difference was between that and Miami, and his response was basically : I really didn't even know what big-time college football was, how tough it is, and really what football was, till I got there (to the other program).

So yeah, that's what Mario has to change. And it will be interesting to see who gets weeded out after the spring practices. I think this will be a culture shock to more than a few guys on the current squad
At least there’s one thing we could possibly thank the semenholes for doing.

I’ve been around a loooooong time. I’ve NEVER in 54 years seen 2 more impactful hires then what we’ve seen the last couple of days. Yea, there was Howard, JJ, Erickson, and Butch. But we’ve never seen an A+ coaching hire AND an A+ AD hire at basically the same time. And the cherry on top is the financial commitment that we’ve never seen, ever.

Advertisement
No Fly, if there ever was a year to lose to FSU, I guess this is the one. I find losses to rivals in seasons where you are really good (such as the 89 loss) to be much more painful (not that any of them are particularly enjoyable)
I was at the game and 4 and 14 happened right in front. I told an FSU buddy I was with that we lost the battle but we just won the war. I believe that to be true.

Every time I see the talk about 4th and 14 since the FSU game it brings back flashbacks to the Fiesta Bowl. That ******* pushoff by Gamble that should've made in 4th and 29. This is back when I was a die hard, so a long time ago.

Every time I see the talk about 4th and 14 since the FSU game it brings back flashbacks to the Fiesta Bowl. That ******* pushoff by Gamble that should've made in 4th and 29. This is back when I was a die hard, so a long time ago.
Thanks for that buzz kill.

Advertisement
In a perfect world, we would've beaten FSPoo and lost to GT or Dook. But then again we wouldn't be having this conversation in a perfect world. Hmmm.

1639099290634.png
1639099290634.png

I believ if we had gone 8-4, especially if we had won our bowl, both James and Diaz would still be at Miami. How do you fire a guy who wins 6 or 7 in a row? Optics would be too harsh for Frenk to take action.
I think he was gone regardless but that fsu game was the nail in the coffin.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back