Was 4th and 14 the best thing to happen to UM?....

still haven't come down from this Cristobal/Rad high, but it got me thinking -- since two people had said to me that Manny winning out would have increased his chances of sticking around (something that is debatable, but also believable) --- but FSU winning that game being the best thing to happen to Miami in the long run. That being the absolute nail in the coffin for Manny/Blake.

Honestly, I couldn't have stomached another season with Diaz under any circumstance.

Now to see Mario and the stuff he's already doing in hitting the pavement in recruiting, has got me more excited than the Pointer Sisters.

BTW, I was told a story about a player (and I can't reveal who, lol) who transferred to another program late in his career. Someone asked him what the difference was between that and Miami, and his response was basically : I really didn't even know what big-time college football was, how tough it is, and really what football was, till I got there (to the other program).

So yeah, that's what Mario has to change. And it will be interesting to see who gets weeded out after the spring practices. I think this will be a culture shock to more than a few guys on the current squad
No, that was just a blessing. The 5 rings are the best thing to happen to UM.

Advertisement
I feel like if we beat UNC, UVA, and FSU and finished 10-2 he would still be here.

And I’m with you. Even with that record I didn’t want him here another year

What Manny showed was that under his direction, the UM ceiling would have always been a few losses, or more, a year

I'll take my chances on Mario's track record and his continued evolution as a coach

The guy has been a start-up programs, traditional powers and everything else in-between. And while not 'young', at 51 I still think he's just entering his coaching prime. I truly believe we got him at just the right time

Have had dreams of us adopting the Hurry up spread early for over a decade now, I know for fact if we hopped on that wave early we could have turned it into superstar recruits playing in UM garb and National Championships and awards..

Getting Lashlee was up there for me, not him individually but us going HUNH spread holistically. Losing to FSU sucks but maybe looking back it will have been the catalyst. We will see in due time.

Advertisement
still haven't come down from this Cristobal/Rad high, but it got me thinking -- since two people had said to me that Manny winning out would have increased his chances of sticking around (something that is debatable, but also believable) --- but FSU winning that game being the best thing to happen to Miami in the long run. That being the absolute nail in the coffin for Manny/Blake.

Honestly, I couldn't have stomached another season with Diaz under any circumstance.

Now to see Mario and the stuff he's already doing in hitting the pavement in recruiting, has got me more excited than the Pointer Sisters.

BTW, I was told a story about a player (and I can't reveal who, lol) who transferred to another program late in his career. Someone asked him what the difference was between that and Miami, and his response was basically : I really didn't even know what big-time college football was, how tough it is, and really what football was, till I got there (to the other program).

So yeah, that's what Mario has to change. And it will be interesting to see who gets weeded out after the spring practices. I think this will be a culture shock to more than a few guys on the current squad

In my opinion, yes. I honestly believe Frenk would have been compelled to stomach James and Diaz if we had won out, especially if we had won some ****** bowl game over an inconsequential opponent.

Advertisement
I feel like if we beat UNC, UVA, and FSU and finished 10-2 he would still be here.

And I’m with you. Even with that record I didn’t want him here another year

I believ if we had gone 8-4, especially if we had won our bowl, both James and Diaz would still be at Miami. How do you fire a guy who wins 6 or 7 in a row? Optics would be too harsh for Frenk to take action.

yes it was, but again, the FSU loss eliminated ANY chance of Diaz rising like the mighty Phoenix
I mean it was as embarrassing of a loss as you could have imagined. I would have rather he lost to GT or Duke (again) or even both. Losing to FSU under any circumstances is cheeks, but if that's the price we had to pay to trade Blake and Manny for Rad and Mario, so be it.

Advertisement
No Fly, if there ever was a year to lose to FSU, I guess this is the one. I find losses to rivals in seasons where you are really good (such as the 89 loss) to be much more painful (not that any of them are particularly enjoyable)

Also a good point. Forfeit State didn't keep us from anything meaningful this season. Even with a win, we still come in second in the coarstal.
And now that Manny is out and Mario is in, I do not expect to hear to much trash talk over the off-season from the Forfeit State fans.

Was Clemson blowing us out good for Miami in 2015? At the end of the day, the school needed to wake the F up. There's always another Randy Shannon waiting in the wings…

Advertisement
More than FIU? :p :p :p
Kind of, yes. Think about it. Do you think we lose to FIU, LaTech, or any of those other games with TVD lighting them up? I don't. We lost to a horrific FSU team with the hottest QB we've ever had. That's pretty **** bad. Losing games with Jarren Williams should have been expected. Losing to FSU with TVD? Hellllll no.

For current UM? Maybe....overall, uhhhhh no. That distinction would go to Coach Schnelly

Advertisement
Back