Warren Sapp on Footballville

Listened to the whole thing and loved it. The main point I got out of it is I have changed my stance on Steele..He's gotta go. IMMEDIATELY. Him and Gattis need to be shown the door as soon as we are out of bowl game contention which is tomorrow at 7pm more than likely. I was blind for too long when it came to Steele. No more.

Does Sapp call out/criticize Mario?

Advertisement
I Beg any of you Vick upholders and animal abusing peace of **** to come find me. I will take a band over this. You are SCUM I'm telling it right to your face come find me.
1EBC3FC4-0D03-48FA-B861-70DD12466705.gif
FFE32D2F-0FC3-42CC-AB1C-E9A6AB0D917B.gif

BA0F81C9-9723-421E-9D63-2D1D2CED137B.gif

Check these out bro 😮‍💨

If you step on the field and don't give it your all every single play, then should not be out there. The score shouldn't matter. It's about playing the best you can play EVERY single play. Treat it like a job. You go out there and do your job.

The attitude we have now only works when we are winning. If you have this attitude, then you can't come back in games. It's that attitude that Mario wants to get out of here. When the going gets tough, who is still making plays? Those are the guys that we build our team around. Those are the guys that I will pay to watch every Saturday. I do not like supporting fair weather players.

As I said other day “ this team is physically and mentally broken”.On top of that their confidence is shot , they don’t believe they can win and wait for things to go bad. Then pack up shop.

What's the best, most realistic solution to this? That's pretty discouraging news.

Advertisement
Watched the entire lengthy video and NOT ONCE did Sapp criticize our talent and laid everything on coaching. I am tired of hearing Manny left the cupboard bare. Yes, we had holes to fill and the portal players we got under Mario were just fill ins NONE special like Bolden and Phillips not talent like Rosseau. Manny was building a team and he was a fixer. I've said this before that Manny's biggest mistake was being HC AND DC. Don't tell me TVD went from Heisman candidate to trash over night, blame the OC and QC. That Will Mallory is used as he should be, he is a bad matchup receiver NOT a run blocker. We are loaded with talent compared to our opponents (MTSU especially) and are getting embarrassed. Mario is a .500 head coach and was coming here. He needs to COACH what we have, not try to build his ideal roster. CIS loves to criticize PSU losses yet Manny's defense has won games for them. When an All-Pro, HOF alum says what Sapp says we are in deep doo-doo. Hopefully we see massive coaching changes because Mario is too expensive to dump. To see this video and others where our ex greats laugh at what they see on the field is painful. People think we need 3 or 4 years for Mario to build his team. What team in America is willing to wait that long for a storied program like Miami. I see stories now from Bama fans that they think Saban has lost it, how should we feel? Why all the accolades regarding Mario? What has he done? But no, give him time, time we did not give Manny who was progressing. Now ban for calling for calling a spade a spade. Never have I ever seen such a disgrace wear the Orange and Green, I've seen us lose yet was proud of our effort and had to congratulate our opponent but never an MTSU. Would Howard, JJ, Dennis, or Butch last with Mario's record? MTSU would get any of them fired, by the way MTSU is 4-5 and we are the only REAL team they have played.

Last edited:
"Many have said players have given up at times. Sapp says playing with heart is about hope. If you don't think you can win it's hard for your heart to be in it."

This this this this times a million. We don't need to turn over the roster (though some guys need to go for sure). Players look like **** because they have given up. They gave up because they have no hope and they don't think they can win.

They refuse to play assignment football, and when they do happen to follow their assignments they are either a step slow or they miss a tackle.

To say it's players is wrong
To say it's coaching is also wrong.

Although if you were to make me choose. I think IMHO the players aren't quite good enough. But hey listen there are sooooo many factors that play into this.

Everyone has to be better, be professional "(yes the players can be professional) and prepare with the utmost attention to detail and try and go execute.

Advertisement
They refuse to play assignment football, and when they do happen to follow their assignments they are either a step slow or they miss a tackle.

To say it's players is wrong
To say it's coaching is also wrong.

Although if you were to make me choose. I think IMHO the players aren't quite good enough. But hey listen there are sooooo many factors that play into this.

Everyone has to be better, be professional "(yes the players can be professional) and prepare with the utmost attention to detail and try and go execute.
If you listened to the full Sapp video, their assignments are garbage, their practices are garbage, their play designs are garbage, their defensive calls are garbage where they cannot succeed. Their coaches are stupid and laughable both offense and especially defense. Sapp has been at practices and games and has no confidence in any of our coaches abilities and other alum Sapp deals with agree. I know its a long video but you need to watch ALL of it.

I still have a hard time believing Steele called for a DT cover a RB wheel route. And a DE on a WR.

There had to be a mix up in communication.

Right :)

Wait…wait …wait…

Warren Sapp, the King of freelancing on defense and not playing assignment says it’s not the players? That my friends is…breaking news.

Advertisement
Listened to the whole thing and loved it. The main point I got out of it is I have changed my stance on Steele..He's gotta go. IMMEDIATELY. Him and Gattis need to be shown the door as soon as we are out of bowl game contention which is tomorrow at 7pm more than likely. I was blind for too long when it came to Steele. No more.

I posed a ? after MTSU asking y is Steele getting a pass?

It was fck Mario this & fck Gattis that & I get it, but we still scored 31 that game, & gave up 45 to MTSU….at home!

I mean, one MTSU WR had 2 catches for 169 yrds, & another w/ 4 catches for 130 yrds! 6 receptions between 2 players for 299 yrds? That’s 50 yrds/catch to MTSU, yet no one remotely flinched at this, like at all.

I still have a hard time believing Steele called for a DT cover a RB wheel route. And a DE on a WR.

There had to be a mix up in communication.

Right :)

I rewatched that play over & over & over again. The more I watched it, the more it appears Darrell tried to make a heads up play vs. a designed defense.

Jackson saw the RB slip & tried his best to disrupt the play. If anything, I ? how does a RS-Freshman DT recognize that play, but these veteran LBs didn’t.

I posed a ? after MTSU asking y is Steele getting a pass?

It was fck Mario this & fck Gattis that & I get it, but we still scored 31 that game, & gave up 45 to MTSU….at home!

I mean, one MTSU WR had 2 catches for 169 yrds, & another w/ 4 catches for 130 yrds! 6 receptions between 2 players for 299 yrds? That’s 50 yrds/catch to MTSU, yet no one remotely flinched at this, like at all.
Agree.

I think Mario needs to evaluate the defense as much as the offense. We seem be be gashed in the running game fewer times than under Manny, but there still is a talent deficiency across the board.

And listening to Sapp, the basics of alignment, assignment, and effort are lacking.

Advertisement
Wait…wait …wait…

Warren Sapp, the King of freelancing on defense and not playing assignment says it’s not the players? That my friends is…breaking news.
Did he say it’s not the players? He repeatedly called them soft and criticized their effort.

Agree.

I think Mario needs to evaluate the defense as much as the offense. We seem be be gashed in the running game fewer times than under Manny, but there still is a talent deficiency across the board.

And listening to Sapp, the basics of alignment, assignment, and effort are lacking.

Man, on another note, I’m watching OSU players straight mob a teammate in Babb who scored his first TD after yrs of dealing w/ knee injuries. I mean risked the 15 yrd penalty just to congratulate him. If that didn’t personify team, I don’t know what does.

Man, on another note, I’m watching OSU players straight mob a teammate in Babb who scored his first TD after yrs of dealing w/ knee injuries. I mean risked the 15 yrd penalty just to congratulate him. If that didn’t personify team, I don’t know what does.
I was watching the end of LSU-Arkansas game.

True FR Harold Perkins is a beast LB.

B-E-A-S-T

I was watching the end of LSU-Arkansas game.

True FR Harold Perkins is a beast LB.

B-E-A-S-T

Brotha; I wanted him bad in the class of 2022. Dude is a straight goon, & I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. A real menace on the grid iron & ain’t w/ the sunshine.

Advertisement
Back