Warren Sapp on Footballville

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
After watching the Coach Hayes The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, I watched Warren Sapp on Footballville talking about the defense and the team as a whole among other topics.

He has an interesting take on the defensive players and coaching. He doesn't hold anything back and is critical of both.

Sapp goes on to say getting 5 stars won't fix the problem. The current problem isn't about talent. They don't play as a team. They play as individuals.

He questions the coaching in the FSU game and overall. Points out the same things Coach Hayes said regarding alignment. Where's the communication and coaching adjustments?

Many have said players have given up at times. Sapp says playing with heart is about hope. If you don't think you can win it's hard for your heart to be in it.

When the team falls behind and the offense can't score, the heart is taken away.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. In fact, I see a lot of truths. I was a defensive player, and I can tell you first hand, that when you work like **** to get the offense the ball, and time after time you see dem muhfuccas can't score... it fuccs wit u. You do start to lose focus and hope. Then you start to allow big plays. That's part of the mental side of the game.

Advertisement
After watching the Coach Hayes The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, I watched Warren Sapp on Footballville talking about the defense and the team as a whole among other topics.

He has an interesting take on the defensive players and coaching. He doesn't hold anything back and is critical of both.

Sapp goes on to say getting 5 stars won't fix the problem. The current problem isn't about talent. They don't play as a team. They play as individuals.

He questions the coaching in the FSU game and overall. Points out the same things Coach Hayes did regarding alignment. Where's the communication and coaching adjustments?

Many have said players have given up at times. Sapp says playing with heart is about hope. If you don't think you can win it's hard for your heart to be in it.

When the team falls behind and the offense can't score, the heart is taken away.

As I said other day “ this team is physically and mentally broken”.On top of that their confidence is shot , they don’t believe they can win and wait for things to go bad. Then pack up shop.

Good stuff. Def don’t need Sapp to tell you any of this tho.

I’ve complained and stated all season the secondary have no clue what each person is doing. Everyone does their own thing. It’s truly like each player has a different DB coach.

Then the offense has not helped the defense at any point this year.

There is no cohesion and 0 togetherness.

Miami Horror Story

Coaches are just as lost

Advertisement
As I said other day “ this team is physically and mentally broken”.On top of that their confidence is shot , they don’t believe they can win and wait for things to go bad. Then pack up shop.
I don't think either coordinator is helping. Couldn't believe the lack of basic adjustments to formations. On many plays we were defeated before the ball was even snapped.

Players lost hope after the offense couldn’t muster a TD vs Texas A&M. That was the last game we played well…except for the offensive playcalling, the receivers, and TVD of course.
Jesus Christ, we lasted three games.

The U: where you're lucky to play meaningful games come October.

Once Mario gets in, things will change. 😎

Lots will end up going back to that game. We didn’t coach to win.

I’m the first one to admit coaching has been a colossal let down.

Let’s call a spade a spade, when Jacolby George shakes a kid & plants him on his *** with only said muerto in between us and pay dirt, yet he essentially tackles himself it’s hard not to look at both coaches & lack of playmakers as being culpable in our offensive futility that specific night.

Add in Tyrique Stevenson, our 7th year senior “ star “ muffing a punt it becomes even more daunting to generate offensive production on any field when you’re gifting possessions to your opponent.

Advertisement
Players lost hope after the offense couldn’t muster a TD vs Texas A&M.

If that's the case then we have the softest players in college football. These guys lose hope after losing an away game against a ranked team on the last possession? I can understand losing hope after MTSU or Duke but not A&M.

Let’s call a spade a spade, when Jacolby George shakes a kid & plants him on his *** with only said muerto in between us and pay dirt, yet he essentially tackles himself it’s hard not to look at both coaches & lack of playmakers as being culpable in our offensive futility that specific night.

Add in Tyrique Stevenson, our 7th year senior “ star “ muffing a punt it becomes even more daunting to generate offensive production on any field when you’re gifting possessions to your opponent.
The strong start squandered by a muffed punt, the dropped 3rd down pass with a clear path to the endzone in the ensuing drive, the horrendously boring nature of that game...

It filled out every part of the Miami bingo card by the first half. Nothing about that game was surprising if you've been following this team for the last what feels like 3 millenia

Advertisement

If TS doesn’t fumble that ball do we score a TD?

The strong start squandered by a muffed punt, the dropped 3rd down pass with a clear path to the endzone in the ensuing drive, the horrendously boring nature of that game...

It filled out every part of the Miami bingo card by the first half. Nothing about that game was surprising if you've been following this team for the last what feels like 3 millenia
We live in Football ****, and are under the delusional belief that we’re just stuck in purgatory and are about to crawl out next year, coach, class ……….

Last edited:
Coaches have the largest egos of anyone not named politicians. But if I heard HOF Warren Sapp talk about my team like this I would be on the phone with him minutes later trying to get it fixed. Ask for advice. Ask him to come out and help with d line etc.

When you have one of the greatest to ever do it talking like this you should be embarrassed…. Not just Gattis, not just Steele. Mario too

Advertisement
Back