Warren Sapp on Footballville

I’m the first one to admit coaching has been a colossal let down.

Let’s call a spade a spade, when Jacolby George shakes a kid & plants him on his *** with only said muerto in between us and pay dirt, yet he essentially tackles himself it’s hard not to look at both coaches & lack of playmakers as being culpable in our offensive futility that specific night.

Add in Tyrique Stevenson, our 7th year senior “ star “ muffing a punt it becomes even more daunting to generate offensive production on any field when you’re gifting possessions to your opponent.

People won’t forget the muff, but I think are more likely to remember the puckering of the **** and inability to score in the red zone than the George play.

Post game commentary also seemed to point to conservative, happy to compete vibe…

Advertisement
Sapp goes on to say getting 5 stars won't fix the problem. The current problem isn't about talent. They don't play as a team. They play as individuals.

He questions the coaching in the FSU game and overall. Points out the same things Coach Hayes said regarding alignment. Where's the communication and coaching adjustments?
As a contingent of us have said numerous times in other threads. It Starts And Ends With Coaching!

I’m certainly not Negrodamus

but

TS’s fumble fulfilled the prophecy & essentially was the first domino in the series of events that would lead to us rolling snake eyes again.
Negrodamus.... Single greatest quote of the year.... I give it a 10 out of 10...

Advertisement
Isn’t that what Mario is saying about changing the culture? No revelation here we havnt had much “team” effort in a very long time.

The amazing part to me is it took Mario all that time to put together this band of seemingly clueless coaching staff…

Second most amazing thing is HITF did Gattis get the Broyles award…did every other coach already have one and they just wanted to make sure he got one..

Or maybe it was one of the big UM boosters paid somebody to give it to him cause they knew someone looking for a 1960 offense like Mario would come get him after he got it….

Saw Sapp at the Noles game, as we were dipping out at halftime, just let him be. Figured he might not be in the mood to chat

IMG_20221110_154029.jpg

Advertisement
Can't disagree with anything Sapp said. All the 5 stars in the world don't matter if they're selfish, freelance and don't play as a team. Get that the roster is somewhat depleted because of injuries, but stunned that Mario hasn't gotten folks to buy into team concept. Especially noticeable on defense with lack of communication resulting in blown coverages, defenders taking ****** tackling angles, routinely giving up outside containment and the minimal effort running to the ball.

Advertisement
Players lost hope after the offense couldn’t muster a TD vs Texas A&M. That was the last game we played well…except for the offensive playcalling, the receivers, and TVD of course.
If the team lost hope after GAME 3, they never really had any...

As I said other day “ this team is physically and mentally broken”.On top of that their confidence is shot , they don’t believe they can win and wait for things to go bad. Then pack up shop.

That’s what it looks like from the outside.

Advertisement
He’s not wrong… seems like the defense is now falling apart… I really think due to how terrible the offense is and the feeling that if they can’t hold the other team to under 14 points they have ZERO shot…

Throw in busted coverages and LBs who get run over by QBs it’s a cluster…. You start getting Dline trying to play hero ball and make the big plays yet fall pray to traps and get gashed.

I’m the first one to admit coaching has been a colossal let down.

Let’s call a spade a spade, when Jacolby George shakes a kid & plants him on his *** with only said muerto in between us and pay dirt, yet he essentially tackles himself it’s hard not to look at both coaches & lack of playmakers as being culpable in our offensive futility that specific night.

Add in Tyrique Stevenson, our 7th year senior “ star “ muffing a punt it becomes even more daunting to generate offensive production on any field when you’re gifting possessions to your opponent.

Loser funk causes a lot of this stuff.

Always some inexplicable mishap that keeps you from getting over the hump.

I have seen it first hand, going from state champions to .500 looking like a shell of your former self with nearly the same talent level. Most posters don’t understand how much cohesion on the coaching staff and leadership affect team chemistry. If a player plays poorly, these people think they just lack talent, but there is way more to it than that.

Toxicity will melt the most talented teams to a puddle of scum. We have seen it too many times in all sports, but people still can’t accept it.

After watching the Coach Hayes The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, I watched Warren Sapp on Footballville talking about the defense and the team as a whole among other topics.

He has an interesting take on the defensive players and coaching. He doesn't hold anything back and is critical of both.

Sapp goes on to say getting 5 stars won't fix the problem. The current problem isn't about talent. They don't play as a team. They play as individuals.

He questions the coaching in the FSU game and overall. Points out the same things Coach Hayes said regarding alignment. Where's the communication and coaching adjustments?

Many have said players have given up at times. Sapp says playing with heart is about hope. If you don't think you can win it's hard for your heart to be in it.

When the team falls behind and the offense can't score, the heart is taken away.

1665535558779.gif

The amazing part to me is it took Mario all that time to put together this band of seemingly clueless coaching staff…

Second most amazing thing is HITF did Gattis get the Broyles award…did every other coach already have one and they just wanted to make sure he got one..

Or maybe it was one of the big UM boosters paid somebody to give it to him cause they knew someone looking for a 1960 offense like Mario would come get him after he got it….

He is too busy hating his own players.

He has regressed from his first season at Michigan. Things didn’t go exactly the way he wanted and he has become a cancer. It’s been downhill ever since.

Advertisement
Back