Viceland: Miami Youth Football

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Tonight at 10:30pm (Channel 271 on DirecTV). Looks potentially interesting. Hopefully they exclude Grandpa Puke.

[TWEET]834206083296038912[/TWEET]

Advertisement
lol, at expose "grandpa puke".

Let's not allow our disdain for Luke's antics to take away from the fact that he has helped many kids in that community through youth football. You want to get upset at someone, blame Randy Shannon and Golden for their idiocy and stubbornness.

Luke is not pushing any kids from UM and he is not anti UM. His loyalty lies with those kids first and foremost. If he has to choose between one of his players and UM, he will always choose the player and rightfully so regardless of what criticism he receives from fans.

Let's not allow our disdain for Luke's antics to take away from the fact that he has helped many kids in that community through youth football. You want to get upset at someone, blame Randy Shannon and Golden for their idiocy and stubbornness.

Luke is not pushing any kids from UM and he is not anti UM. His loyalty lies with those kids first and foremost. If he has to choose between one of his players and UM, he will always choose the player and rightfully so regardless of what criticism he receives from fans.

Luke started an optimist football team. Whoopee doo..let's crown that clown for doing what countless others have done before him.

Advertisement
Luke is not pushing any kids from UM and he is not anti UM. His loyalty lies with those kids first and foremost. If he has to choose between one of his players and UM, he will always choose the player who signs with his wife's sports agency and rightfully so regardless of what criticism he receives from fans.

FIFY

I like to believe that Luke got into the youth football league originally to help the local kids and give them something positive to do in their free time. However, once he saw that a lot of those kids grow up to be college and then pro athletes, the dollar signs started flashing in his head. His wife is an agent. He befriends kids at a young age (who all happen to be star athletes) with the goal of eventually steering them toward's his family's business.

Luke started an optimist football team. Whoopee doo..let's crown that clown for doing what countless others have done before him.

This tells me that you know absolutely nothing about this topic. But don't let that stop you from having an opinion

Loyalty and Luke do not belong in the same paragraph. Luke is all about Luke 100% percent of the time.

Advertisement
Luke is not pushing any kids from UM and he is not anti UM. His loyalty lies with those kids first and foremost. If he has to choose between one of his players and UM, he will always choose the player who signs with his wife's sports agency and rightfully so regardless of what criticism he receives from fans.

FIFY

I like to believe that Luke got into the youth football league originally to help the local kids and give them something positive to do in their free time. However, once he saw that a lot of those kids grow up to be college and then pro athletes, the dollar signs started flashing in his head. His wife is an agent. He befriends kids at a young age (who all happen to be star athletes) with the goal of eventually steering them toward's his family's business.

and you know this how?

Do you personally know the players that have signed to his wife?

Is it preferable for these players to sign to a Drew Rosenhaus, an agent that has steered his past clients towards shady advisors, but not for the players to sign with someone who they have known for a majority of their lives?

You make no sense here. You are projecting what you believe to be the situation, because you do not know anything and have no evidence to support your theory.

But don't let that stop you from having an opinion.

Advertisement

FIFY

and you know this how?

Is it preferable for these players to sign to a Drew Rosenhaus, an agent that has steered his past clients towards shady advisors, but not for the players to sign with someone who they have known for a majority of their lives?

You make no sense here. You are projecting what you believe to be the situation, because you do not know anything and have no evidence to support your theory.

So his wife just happened to become a sports agent and that had nothing whatsoever to do with Luke "mentoring" young athletes? It doesn't take a genius to see that 2+2=4. If he was just honest about it and said "I'm in it to make as much money off these kids as I possibly can." I'd at least respect his honesty. Instead he hides behind the facade of charity. How much time/money does Luke spend on poor kids who aren't star athletes? Has he invested in any non-sport youth programs? Doctors and lawyers don't need agents.

He befriends kids at a young age (who all happen to be star athletes) with the goal of eventually steering them toward's his family's business.

LOL...and? College coaches do the same exact $h!t.

You know of a college coach who's family runs a sports agency? You realize that's a major NCAA infraction, right?

Advertisement

This tells me that you know absolutely nothing about this topic. But don't let that stop you from having an opinion

This tells me you're an unabashed Luke guzzler and you cradle his balls while he guzzles in your mouth.

This tells me you're an unabashed Luke guzzler and you cradle his balls while he guzzles in your mouth.

:monkey-serious:

thanks for proving my point

FIFY

and you know this how?

So his wife just happened to become a sports agent and that had nothing whatsoever to do with Luke "mentoring" young athletes? It doesn't take a genius to see that 2+2=4. If he was just honest about it and said "I'm in it to make as much money off these kids as I possibly can." I'd at least respect his honesty. Instead he hides behind the facade of charity. How much time/money does Luke spend on poor kids who aren't star athletes? Has he invested in any non-sport youth programs? Doctors and lawyers don't need agents.

1) Kristin Campbell's area of specialty in law is contracts. Gasp, why would someone who is a contracts lawyer want to get into negotiating contracts for athletes? She must have sinister intentions.

2) These players that have signed to her agency are players that have known the Campbell family for years, Luke has been married to this woman since 2008.

3) You obviously do not know or want to know how Kristin has helped many of these players transition into the NFL.

Listen, you don't live nor have you ever been to one of these areas voluntarily, you have formed an opinion off of here say and supposition. You look foolish, especially when you are debating someone who has first hand knowledge of the situation.

He befriends kids at a young age (who all happen to be star athletes) with the goal of eventually steering them toward's his family's business.

LOL...and? College coaches do the same exact $h!t.

You know of a college coach who's family runs a sports agency? You realize that's a major NCAA infraction, right?

Having family that runs a sports agency is not an NCAA violation.

And again, what you claim Luke is doing, is the exact same $h!t that every College coach in America does.

Advertisement
Back