Viceland: Miami Youth Football

Man if you can't see through Luke's hustle you're either naive as fūck or you're lying.

FOH with his I'm saving the kids shtick. Kids are being brought up, but it ain't by that greenback pimp Luke.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I see Luke finally started an account on this board to defend himself. Sure Luke is doing a great service by helping kids stay out of trouble while also reapping the rewards of mentor ship.

Good for him. All I care about is him not bashing UM. Luke comes off like a petty grudge holder type dude. As we saw with Nevin petty grudge holders are dangerous for a program.

Someone explain the weight classes down there and how that is used. Where I grew up there wasn't a weight limit for the team, but you could not handle the ball if you weighed over a certain amount.

Advertisement
Someone explain the weight classes down there and how that is used. Where I grew up there wasn't a weight limit for the team, but you could not handle the ball if you weighed over a certain amount.

Goes by age and weight. 10 YR OLDS -115 PDS. 9- 105'S, ETC
Which is why we didnt produce lineman down here at a good peg..because most of the lineman were to big to play football until high school. We dont have middle school football.
We have an unlimited group which is the older kids. I couldnt play football as a youngin because i was naturally bigger than my counterparts/Friends (Jon Beason, etc) so i just went to the park and ran. I had to wait till high school and went straight to varsity after 3 games..hving never played organized football. Thats the stroy of most big kids in south florida

Luke Has to be on it ...Because he started the **** optomist clubs in the doc...

1.) Luke has been doing this before he ever knew his wife. ( so there goes that he does it for his wife agency theme)

Most of the kids dont make it to high school ball and if they do some dont start or go div 1..he still helps them.

Yall are some legit haters..but it is what it is. Luke had Devonta Freeman staying at his home when he was a 2nd string sophomore tailback at central. Before any one knew the kid would even be a div 1 player he along with some other guys was mentoring.

None of yall are from Liberty City or understand Liberty City so i wouldnt expect much thinking of anything that takes place in that community or who helps in it.

Here is a clip from the documentary:

[video=youtube_share;LiwEYWrApf0]https://youtu.be/LiwEYWrApf0[/video]

LOL...Luke's talkin' 'bout 15th Ave as if it was Black Wall Street or some $h!t. The situation was bad when it wasn't a ghost town, all the dope boys are either dead or in prison.

If they turn this into some Luke propaganda piece of a Liberty City that never was I'm going to be very disappointed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who the **** plays OL? I can't believe a kid can't play if he weighs too much and you don't have middle school football. What the **** is wrong with football down there.

Which is why we didnt produce lineman down here at a good peg..because most of the lineman were to big to play football until high school. We dont have middle school football.
We have an unlimited group which is the older kids. I couldnt play football as a youngin because i was naturally bigger than my counterparts/Friends (Jon Beason, etc) so i just went to the park and ran. I had to wait till high school and went straight to varsity after 3 games..hving never played organized football. Thats the stroy of most big kids in south florida

Who the **** plays OL? I can't believe a kid can't play if he weighs too much and you don't have middle school football. What the **** is wrong with football down there.

who plays ol??

Lol...Guys like Randy Russell, Sean Spence....

My starting ot my first year coaching plays safety at Alabama State now and played db/lb all through high school.
Alot of the wr's you see that are 6'2 + ...they played ol down here growing up for the most part.

There hads only been a recent change with the unlimited and them allowing some "HEAVY'S" to play on the ol. **** i coached the 10 u team this year..we were one of thetop two in our league made the super bowl. Our weight limit is 115-120. We played a team that had a Heavy that was 185pds. We let him play on the line against us..because we had dogs on the dline that didnt care..(a kid that if he just stays on the straign n narrow will be a div 1 recruit..a lock)

who plays ol??

Lol...Guys like Randy Russell, Sean Spence....

My starting ot my first year coaching plays safety at Alabama State now and played db/lb all through high school.
Alot of the wr's you see that are 6'2 + ...they played ol down here growing up for the most part.

There hads only been a recent change with the unlimited and them allowing some "HEAVY'S" to play on the ol. **** i coached the 10 u team this year..we were one of thetop two in our league made the super bowl. Our weight limit is 115-120. We played a team that had a Heavy that was 185pds. We let him play on the line against us..because we had dogs on the dline that didnt care..(a kid that if he just stays on the straign n narrow will be a div 1 recruit..a lock)
7th grader at one of the schools where I run my non-profit is probably 5' 10" 200+ already. Kid looks like he's going to be 6' 5"+ 300+ easily. Huge frame.

I asked him if he plays or practices any football. "Naw, man, not yet. I play basketball for now."

Basketball actually probably helps a lot of the kids with their footwork. Still, every time I see him I want him to line up as a LT and start practicing kicking out.

Advertisement
Back