Viceland: Miami Youth Football

Luke save-a-hoe crew is out in full force.

Luke does nothing but hurt the Miami program. And has for years. If you don't see that, you're more of a Luke fan than Miami fan.

Advertisement
He said "exclude", not "expose".

Thank you.

reading_is_fundamental_.jpg

He befriends kids at a young age (who all happen to be star athletes) with the goal of eventually steering them toward's his family's business.

LOL...and? College coaches do the same exact $h!t.

You know of a college coach who's family runs a sports agency? You realize that's a major NCAA infraction, right?

Having family that runs a sports agency is not an NCAA violation.

And again, what you claim Luke is doing, is the exact same $h!t that every College coach in America does.

College coaches steering players towards agents is an NCAA violation. Every college coach in America is not doing this. Maybe some do but it's punishable.

Advertisement
Luke is not pushing any kids from UM and he is not anti UM. His loyalty lies with those kids first and foremost. If he has to choose between one of his players and UM, he will always choose the player who signs with his wife's sports agency and rightfully so regardless of what criticism he receives from fans.

FIFY

I like to believe that Luke got into the youth football league originally to help the local kids and give them something positive to do in their free time. However, once he saw that a lot of those kids grow up to be college and then pro athletes, the dollar signs started flashing in his head. His wife is an agent. He befriends kids at a young age (who all happen to be star athletes) with the goal of eventually steering them toward's his family's business.

and you know this how?

Do you personally know the players that have signed to his wife?

Is it preferable for these players to sign to a Drew Rosenhaus, an agent that has steered his past clients towards shady advisors, but not for the players to sign with someone who they have known for a majority of their lives?

You make no sense here. You are projecting what you believe to be the situation, because you do not know anything and have no evidence to support your theory.

But don't let that stop you from having an opinion.

So his wife just happened to become a sports agent and that had nothing whatsoever to do with Luke "mentoring" young athletes? It doesn't take a genius to see that 2+2=4. If he was just honest about it and said "I'm in it to make as much money off these kids as I possibly can." I'd at least respect his honesty. Instead he hides behind the facade of charity. How much time/money does Luke spend on poor kids who aren't star athletes? Has he invested in any non-sport youth programs? Doctors and lawyers don't need agents.

1) Kristin Campbell's area of specialty in law is contracts. Gasp, why would someone who is a contracts lawyer want to get into negotiating contracts for athletes? She must have sinister intentions.

2) These players that have signed to her agency are players that have known the Campbell family for years, Luke has been married to this woman since 2008.

3) You obviously do not know or want to know how Kristin has helped many of these players transition into the NFL.

Listen, you don't live nor have you ever been to one of these areas voluntarily, you have formed an opinion off of here say and supposition. You look foolish, especially when you are debating someone who has first hand knowledge of the situation.

You do realize your#2 proves his point, right?

Luke is not pushing any kids from UM and he is not anti UM. His loyalty lies with those kids first and foremost. If he has to choose between one of his players and UM, he will always choose the player who signs with his wife's sports agency and rightfully so regardless of what criticism he receives from fans.

FIFY

I like to believe that Luke got into the youth football league originally to help the local kids and give them something positive to do in their free time. However, once he saw that a lot of those kids grow up to be college and then pro athletes, the dollar signs started flashing in his head. His wife is an agent. He befriends kids at a young age (who all happen to be star athletes) with the goal of eventually steering them toward's his family's business.

and you know this how?

Is it preferable for these players to sign to a Drew Rosenhaus, an agent that has steered his past clients towards shady advisors, but not for the players to sign with someone who they have known for a majority of their lives?

You make no sense here. You are projecting what you believe to be the situation, because you do not know anything and have no evidence to support your theory.

So his wife just happened to become a sports agent and that had nothing whatsoever to do with Luke "mentoring" young athletes? It doesn't take a genius to see that 2+2=4. If he was just honest about it and said "I'm in it to make as much money off these kids as I possibly can." I'd at least respect his honesty. Instead he hides behind the facade of charity. How much time/money does Luke spend on poor kids who aren't star athletes? Has he invested in any non-sport youth programs? Doctors and lawyers don't need agents.

1) Kristin Campbell's area of specialty in law is contracts. Gasp, why would someone who is a contracts lawyer want to get into negotiating contracts for athletes? She must have sinister intentions.
No more sinister than Drew Rosenhaus or any other sports agent. I never said being an agent was wrong. If Luke wants to use his name and local connections to steer local talent to his wife, fine. Just be honest about it. Stop pretending it's charity, it's a business.

2) These players that have signed to her agency are players that have known the Campbell family for years, Luke has been married to this woman since 2008.
It's probably safe to say they knew each other before they got married. Even so, that was still nine years ago. Many NFL players were still kids or teens nine years ago.

3) You obviously do not know or want to know how Kristin has helped many of these players transition into the NFL.
I'm sure she's helped her clients transition just as any good agent would. It's in an agent's best interest to make sure his/her client not only makes it to the league but has as long of a career as possible. Once again. business.

Listen, you don't live nor have you ever been to one of these areas voluntarily, you have formed an opinion off of here say and supposition. You look foolish, especially when you are debating someone who has first hand knowledge of the situation.
Maybe you know Luke personally. Maybe he did you a favor or helped you out in some way. That's great but maybe your personal feelings for the guy affect how you see him. There is no argument though, that in 2017 Luke is using his local celebrity and influence to make himself a liaison between up and coming athletes and his family's agency. When you personally stand to make large profits, it's no longer charity. it's a business.

FIFY

and you know this how?

You do realize your#2 proves his point, right?

No it doesn't.

Not every kid who Luke coached/helped is a client of her agency. You all fail to realize that Luke, like him or not, has saved a lot of kids from going down the wrong path. He doesn't ask anyone for a handout, doesn't need to.

White man sees an opportunity to make a dollar and he's called a savvy business man. Black man does and he's called the devil. lol

Advertisement

FIFY

and you know this how?

Well, if they've known Luke most of their lives I'm sure he cares about them.

Vanilla Ice and Uncle Puke...one of these has been irrelevant since 1991 and the other one is Vanilla Ice.

lol, at expose "grandpa puke".

Let's not allow our disdain for Luke's antics to take away from the fact that he has helped many kids in that community through youth football. You want to get upset at someone, blame Randy Shannon and Golden for their idiocy and stubbornness.

Luke is not pushing any kids from UM and he is not anti UM. His loyalty lies with those kids first and foremost. If he has to choose between one of his players and UM, he will always choose the player and rightfully so regardless of what criticism he receives from fans.

Luke started an optimist football team. Whoopee doo..let's crown that clown for doing what countless others have done before him.

That colostomy bag is involved in youth football in order to funnel those kids places to benefit himself or to his wife's agency if they have NFL potential down the line.

NEVER FORGET:

"If he were white, being from Miami, he'd be God's gift to America," Campbell said. "If they don't start Ryan Collins, the University of Miami will get the death penalty. I will tell all. I will tell everything I know to the NCAA. If he doesn't go out there for the first play versus UCLA, I'll give you all the violations from 1986 to last year. As of now, I don't know anything. I'm stupid. But if Ryan doesn't start, [coach) Butch [Davis) is going to wish he never took that job."

Advertisement
NEVER FORGET:

"If he were white, being from Miami, he'd be God's gift to America," Campbell said. "If they don't start Ryan Collins, the University of Miami will get the death penalty. I will tell all. I will tell everything I know to the NCAA. If he doesn't go out there for the first play versus UCLA, I'll give you all the violations from 1986 to last year. As of now, I don't know anything. I'm stupid. But if Ryan doesn't start, [coach) Butch [Davis) is going to wish he never took that job."

Need this as your signature.

He befriends kids at a young age (who all happen to be star athletes) with the goal of eventually steering them toward's his family's business.

You know of a college coach who's family runs a sports agency? You realize that's a major NCAA infraction, right?

And again, what you claim Luke is doing, is the exact same $h!t that every College coach in America does.

College coaches steering players towards agents is an NCAA violation. Every college coach in America is not doing this. Maybe some do but it's punishable.

Think we're talking past each other here. You claim Luke befriends kids at a young age to steer them towards His business. I'm saying that coaches like Richt do the same thing...befriend talented kids at a young age, & steer them towards UM.

More talent = more wins...more wins = job security...job security = those fat checks keep comin'...same $h!t.

Advertisement

Think we're talking past each other here. You claim Luke befriends kids at a young age to steer them towards His business. I'm saying that coaches like Richt do the same thing...befriend talented kids at a young age, & steer them towards UM.

More talent = more wins...more wins = job security...job security = those fat checks keep comin'...same $h!t.

I'll agree to that.

A medical study from around 1998 has proven that anyone going to bat for luke in a miami hurricanes setting for any reason certifiably has a developmental issue, maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back