Viceland: Miami Youth Football

Advertisement
Who the **** plays OL? I can't believe a kid can't play if he weighs too much and you don't have middle school football. What the **** is wrong with football down there.

Goes by age and weight. 10 YR OLDS -115 PDS. 9- 105'S, ETC
Which is why we didnt produce lineman down here at a good peg..because most of the lineman were to big to play football until high school. We dont have middle school football.
We have an unlimited group which is the older kids. I couldnt play football as a youngin because i was naturally bigger than my counterparts/Friends (Jon Beason, etc) so i just went to the park and ran. I had to wait till high school and went straight to varsity after 3 games..hving never played organized football. Thats the stroy of most big kids in south florida

who plays ol??

Lol...Guys like Randy Russell, Sean Spence....

My starting ot my first year coaching plays safety at Alabama State now and played db/lb all through high school.
Alot of the wr's you see that are 6'2 + ...they played ol down here growing up for the most part.

There hads only been a recent change with the unlimited and them allowing some "HEAVY'S" to play on the ol. **** i coached the 10 u team this year..we were one of thetop two in our league made the super bowl. Our weight limit is 115-120. We played a team that had a Heavy that was 185pds. We let him play on the line against us..because we had dogs on the dline that didnt care..(a kid that if he just stays on the straign n narrow will be a div 1 recruit..a lock)
7th grader at one of the schools where I run my non-profit is probably 5' 10" 200+ already. Kid looks like he's going to be 6' 5"+ 300+ easily. Huge frame.

I asked him if he plays or practices any football. "Naw, man, not yet. I play basketball for now."

Basketball actually probably helps a lot of the kids with their footwork. Still, every time I see him I want him to line up as a LT and start practicing kicking out.

sed em to me...my boys are working with kids like that currently in broward. teaching them lineman technique already. they have a saturday camp.

Where do you guys have lineman camps?

I just added a former D1 lineman to my coaching staff.....youth coaches in general undervalue OLine play...it's crazy.....

If one thing should be taken from this episode it's not people trying to make pro football players out of little kids. IT'S PEOPLE GIVING THEIR TIME TO PROVIDE A POSITIVE OUTLET AND EXPERIENCE FOR KIDS. The result is some go on to play pro, few will, but providing a better life experience for all of them, than the streets or in some cases at home. Sad testament that the result of widespread poverty is not to build the community up thru local small business and minimizing crime so that outsiders would also invest, visit and spend money in these communities. As a AA male it saddens and embarrasses me that 10% of our people drag the community down and bring so much despair on the 90% living honestly.

That 10% is able to do that because we worship those scumbags. Our culture is broken, and as a black man, it's shameful that I'd get more respect in the hood by being a "Real N***A", than by being a college graduate. Then again, when you have people that get rewarded by the government for their dysfunction, it's obvious that the situation will most likely never get better. Go and look at those poor kids in that documentary, most of them don't have a father figure at home(A good number of them most likely have never met or spent time with their biological fathers), and in a lot of cases, their mother KEPT HAVING KIDS, even though she knew that she couldn't afford to. Just remember the following: We worry about the kids playing football that are good, no one gives a **** about the smart kid in the hood that isn't rapping or playing ball. He's on his own.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Apologize for bumping an old thread but wondering if any of the older kids from this show are making names for themselves yet?

I remember them showing a kid going into highschool and I believe he was a running back. Don’t have access to the old video anymore but remember they were blowing the kid up on the show. The show aired in 02/2017 - so some of the dudes could be sophomores by now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back