USC and UCLA to B1G

Exactly. What happens with UCF after this all shakes out could be pretty interesting too. When/if the Arizonas and the Georgia Techs and Okie States and Iowa States get added somewhere then does UCF too or do they even jump some traditional P5 teams?

I personally think they would've greatly benefitted from this all being delayed like another 5 years and at least being able to have had the opportunity to have success in a watered down Big 12.

Then again, their fanbase had become exceedingly annoying too so I also wouldn't mind if they didn't make the cut in a potential 2 conference landscape and were basically relegated back to G5 status.
Yes. San Francisco being such a huge market (6th), plus Phoenix (11th), Seattle (12th), Denver (16th), and Sacramento (20th) makes me wonder what happens to the remaining PAC schools. A 2 super-conference world needs more than USC and UCLA.

Advertisement
Why wouldn’t the B1G add Boston College? Years ago the conference accepted Rutgers solely for the NY/NJ TV market, and Maryland for the DC market. Rutgers is an historically awful football program and Maryland was/is nothing special. Boston is a top 10 Nielsen market.

It's a possibility, no doubt.

But I think they have more and/or better candidates now.

Rutgers was an easy pick-off, coming out of the Big East/AAC. The surprise was Maryland, given how long they had been in the ACC.

But you have multiple good (and worthwhile) ACC candidates if the Big 10 is not just limited to picking off the most wounded member (Maryland at the time it happened).

If the Big 10 goes after multiple ACC members, I just think BC will be at the end of the wish list.

It's a possibility, no doubt.

But I think they have more and/or better candidates now.

Rutgers was an easy pick-off, coming out of the Big East/AAC. The surprise was Maryland, given how long they had been in the ACC.

But you have multiple good (and worthwhile) ACC candidates if the Big 10 is not just limited to picking off the most wounded member (Maryland at the time it happened).

If the Big 10 goes after multiple ACC members, I just think BC will be at the end of the wish list.
You may be right, another poster mentioned BC is not as popular locally as one might think.

The upper NE in general is not a hotbed of CFB.

Honestly, I truly hate what collegiate sports have become & where it’s gone. I’m typically a traditionalist, I love the regional aspect, 100 of yrs of rivalries that’s been passed down to generations now all gone.

With that being said, this shows what happens when u have leadership that’s opposed to change or not keeping up with trends. Say what u want w/ The SEC, but these dudes have set a precedent is fwd thinking going back to the early 90’s. The B1G have used their tradition & rivalry to move fwd.

This all could’ve been avoided. NIL could’ve been avoided in its current format, these **** poor TV contract deals could’ve been avoided.

Advertisement
We need to be ready to move. Notre Dame holds all the cards and my bet is they will want to bring Stanford along wherever they go. The PAC 10 just lost LA, the lose CA it’s good night. This all will happen sooner than later because of the Big 10 TV rights. FSU, Miami, Stanford, Notre Dame to the Big 10 would be our best bet. I wish we could see Notre Dame joining the ACC, but that seems like a pipe dream to me. Thank god we have made these investments, it gives us a shot. It would likely require us to add some sports on both the mens and womens side and commit to future investments.

Honestly, I truly hate what collegiate sports have become & where it’s gone. I’m typically a traditionalist, I love the regional aspect, 100 of yrs of rivalries that’s been passed down to generations now all gone.

With that being said, this shows what happens when u have leadership that’s opposed to change or not keeping up with trends. Say what u want w/ The SEC, but these dudes have set a precedent is fwd thinking going back to the early 90’s. The B1G have used their tradition & rivalry to move fwd.

This all could’ve been avoided. NIL could’ve been avoided in its current format, these **** poor TV contract deals could’ve been avoided.
It was the $EC (UGA) and Big 8 (OU) that sued the NCAA over TV rights, anti-trust violations. That was the start of the CFB/TV explosion and helped build E$PN.

Advertisement
Just being honest, what in the FVCK are you arguing about? Did I ever say otherwise?

THAT'S NOT THE POINT. I was simply showing how the Big 10 would lock down 11 or 12 of the 13 largest states in the US, and you are going on and on and on about motherfvcking Oregon?

Move along already.

My opinion. It’s a **** message board. Why don’t you move along!!

Advertisement
Advertisement

FE48E7B2-6357-47C8-89FC-8BE1868CCA8E.gif

Advertisement
Back