USC and UCLA to B1G

Advertisement
let’s say it is two 20ish team super conferences. what are the chances Miami gets left out of those next 8-12 teams to get in? even looking objectively i’d say it’s highly unlikely Miami is left out.

Advertisement
As you know we’ve discussed this situation in PM.
Mehhhh, it has to be a package deal that includes the Trailer Trash.

The TV deal would have to be juicy for us to have to play Bama in the SECCG every year to even sniff playoffs.

And someone better be paying our Grant of Rights in full.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does UCF get in the back door this way, or is that last space reserved for VaTech?
UCF just joined the Big 12 so I doubt they are in a position to make another jump. VT could be in there, but they wouldn’t be the best geographical fit for that pod.

Advertisement
I spent 3 years in the Cambridge area while attending college and that was not I experienced.
A few more things to add. Cambridge and Boston are two totally different animals. They may be neighbors but they are very different joints. The Peoples Republic is the peoples republic.

If you only spent three years in Cambridge you must be 1 billion times smarter than me. So, moving forward, I defer to you on all things. Veritas and MIT are also different animals from the “Boston” schools.

Cambridge is full of wicked smahht people.

And please, don’t take my tone as anything but playful.

From 2015-2019, Miami was 23rd in most watched college football programs. Source here. Clemson was 9th and FSU was 14th. The writer acknowledges the data isn't super clean but that's at the very least directional data.

In 2021, Miami was 35th. Yikes. Source here.

If you take the orange and green glasses off then there are some underlying concerns about how attractive we are. But I still think our brand would be way too appealing for the SEC and B1G to pass up. Especially if we're consistently winning 9-10 games a year...they'd be chomping on the bit to get access to that type of content.
The $EC would love a yearly Miami-Florida. It would be virtually overnight the nastiest rivalry in the game other than Baga-Barn.

BC is not the Boston market. ND and Miami are more Boston than BC. BC is loathed in Boston.
I've been to Boston 6 or 7 times. I don't recall anything about BC ever generating any local buzz. I didn't see gear or ever hear someone talking BC or see a single bar hyping a BC game.

Advertisement
Back