USC and UCLA to B1G

Interesting comparison. The one difference is that while Auburn fans are way outnumbered by Baga, that's not the case with UVA vs. VT. Much more even.

In undergrad, I had three fraternity brothers from the NoVa area, two went to Langley High (in VA) and the other went to the same MD HS as Brett Kavanaugh.

Anyhow, the old take-off on the saying "all roads lead to Rome" was "all dirt roads lead to Blacksburg". But, yeah, VaTech has definitely come up a lot in the last few decades.

Advertisement
Don't think they'd do that to UGA. Here's my guess, if the four teams that are hypothetically added are Miami/Clemson/FSU/VT.

Pod 1: Clemson, South Carolina, Tennessee, LSU, VT
Pod 2: Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, Miss St, Vandy,
Pod 3: Texas A&M, Texas, OU, Arkansas, Missouri
Pod 4: UGA, Miami, UF, FSU, Vandy
Vanderbilt can’t be in two pods.

Ha. I couldn’t figure out who was missing!
I just drew up a hypothetical, there's definitely some pods stronger than others. You could very easily swap one of the Texas schools into the top one to make the Clemson pod more difficult, etc. More just to show a potential 20-team conference in 4-team pods, keeping the teams and traditions as closely correlated as possible.

Advertisement
I just drew up a hypothetical, there's definitely some pods stronger than others. You could very easily swap one of the Texas schools into the top one to make the Clemson pod more difficult, etc. More just to show a potential 20-team conference in 4-team pods, keeping the teams and traditions as closely correlated as possible.
I’d flip Vandy and LSU. Arguably makes POD #2 tougher and #1 weaker, but there are a number of rivalries to try and maintain.

Edit: never mind, was reading your initial groups, not the revised!

Interesting comparison. The one difference is that while Auburn fans are way outnumbered by Baga, that's not the case with UVA vs. VT. Much more even.
Ironically if not sad for me lol, I currently live in Charlottesville. Both towns are full of fans and they hate each other. VT has the global fans for sure. I have been all over the country and see VT gear. I can't say the same for UVA fans. I will say Tech fans are some of the rudest front running fans ever and UVA fans tend to be older and some of the nicest and respectful fans I've e encountered. I was in the UVA section when Richt lost me as a fan when we ran the ball to the same spot for no gain for what seemed like 50x. The fans saw my wife and I in our Canes gear and we're the nicest they could be to us and never talked trash. VT fans are definitely SEC material and rabid to support their teams

Here’s a ?, what does all this do for the bowl committees? Bowl games have conference tie-ins.

Advertisement
Here’s a ?, what does all this do for the bowl committees? Bowl games have conference tie-ins.

Yeah, but not forever.

First, I'm sure there is language that allows a bowl to renegotiate the conference tie-ins when conferences lose/gain teams.

Second...no, I don't have a second, I just hate the bowl games and want to see them eliminated...

Bowl games become expanded CFP games.

A 32-team super conference would need more than a two-team CG. Something akin to eight teams, the eventual winner playing the champion of the other 32-team super conference.

Think the NFL times two, except fewer wildcards.

Don't think they'd do that to UGA. Here's my guess, if the four teams that are hypothetically added are Miami/Clemson/FSU/VT.

Pod 1: Clemson, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, VT
Pod 2: Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, Miss St, LSU
Pod 3: Texas A&M, Texas, OU, Arkansas, Missouri
Pod 4: UGA, Miami, UF, FSU, Vandy
This looks pretty close to what I’d imagine, but Vandy sticks out like a sore thumb, lol.

Advertisement
Bowl games become expanded CFP games.

A 32-team super conference would need more than a two-team CG. Something akin to six teams, the eventual winner playing the champion of the other 32-team super conference.

The Poulan Weedeater Bowl - Big 10, 12th place team vs. SEC, 13th place team...

Ironically if not sad for me lol, I currently live in Charlottesville. Both towns are full of fans and they hate each other. VT has the global fans for sure. I have been all over the country and see VT gear. I can't say the same for UVA fans. I will say Tech fans are some of the rudest front running fans ever and UVA fans tend to be older and some of the nicest and respectful fans I've e encountered. I was in the UVA section when Richt lost me as a fan when we ran the ball to the same spot for no gain for what seemed like 50x. The fans saw my wife and I in our Canes gear and we're the nicest they could be to us and never talked trash. VT fans are definitely SEC material and rabid to support their teams
I despise VT. Their fans are obnoxious as ****.

Advertisement
I’m curious as to how much weight Duke throws around only for basketball. They add nothing for football

Advertisement
Back