Urban to USC ?

Advertisement
Yes. We beat them in '66 or '67.

OJ ran wild on us in the Coliseum in '68, I think.

Friend of mine played LB for us in '68. Said OJ was more nifty than fast, although OJ was said to have legitimate 9.5 100 yard dash time. (If anybody here is even familiar with 100 yard dash times).

View attachment 100766
man that is too cool, 68-69, Tex was in diapers, SC was a major power, we were a swimming/tennis school

No, it shows that they like to run their mouths. Maybe they're on the level, but I think not. If they're serious, they should just quietly throw a boatload of cash at him. This sounds more like they want to get people talking and/or make the guy they end up with feel special. What kind of bargaining tactic is it to tell a guy you'll pay him whatever he wants?
good point, it also sets up as a disaster if they miss, their damm sure goin out on a limb putting it out there like they did

Advertisement
he basically cripples the school in scandals and bounces

You're better than this. This is a retarded take that usually the DBJ *** kissing crowd would have.

Whatever he leaves in his wake is worth it for what you get while he's there....a guy who would sell his soul to the devil himself to win. I'd cut off an appendage to have him coach at Miami.

You're better than this. This is a retarded take that usually the DBJ *** kissing crowd would have.

Whatever he leaves in his wake is worth it for what you get while he's there....a guy who would sell his soul to the devil himself to win. I'd cut off an appendage to have him coach at Miami.

did i say i wouldn't take him? i just what he does lol. id take him and take the titles and have miami football banned for a lifetime after

did i say i wouldn't take him? i just what he does lol. id take him and take the titles and have miami football banned for a lifetime after
What school did Urban cripple or get put on probation? Take your time with your answer, I'll wait...

Advertisement
i would take the ships too. miami wouldn't survive what went on at OSU and UF though. we already have the target on our backs
Thank you. People are acting like we're NCAA sweethearts instead of the hunted. Meyer would get us the death penalty and then these same people will be right back here damning and cursing any soul we hired as the next coach for not taking the national title in his first four of five seasons. Enough if the Meyer crap.

What school did Urban cripple or get put on probation? Take your time with your answer, I'll wait...

you wanna deal w a coach who covered up another staffer assaulting his wife at two diff spots, covered up some bad crimes at uf, and had an embarrassing arrest record at uf. I’d take him for the titles but dont be ignorant that he’s not gonna get Miami into some ****

Last edited:
USC recently hired a new President who came from UNC (a bastion of social justice initiatives outside of the usual California and Northern schools). I hear she’s a bigger SJW than who we have running the show here. No way she would be in favor of hiring Meyer. I’m sure he reeks of toxic masculinity in her eyes. Doesn’t mean the AD wouldn’t want to hire him, but the AD works for the President, so....

USC recently hired a new President who came from UNC (a bastion of social justice initiatives outside of the usual California and Northern schools). I hear she’s a bigger SJW than who we have running the show here. No way she would be in favor of hiring Meyer. I’m sure he reeks of toxic masculinity in her eyes. Doesn’t mean the AD wouldn’t want to hire him, but the AD works for the President, so....

same esp considering they got rid of a ton of people after the admissions scandal

Advertisement
you wanna deal w a coach who covered up another staffer assaulting his wife at two diff spots, covered up some bad crimes at uf, and had an embarrassing arrest record at uf. I’d take him for the titles but dont be ignorant that he’s not gonna get Miami into some ****
You still haven't answered question. When did he get anyone on probation or crippled a program?

You still haven't answered question. When did he get anyone on probation or crippled a program?

guess you dont think the damage he'd do after he'd hypo leave here wouldn't cripple us. some benihana dinners got us two years of a ban, but urban wont do any damage.

Advertisement
man that is too cool, 68-69, Tex was in diapers, SC was a major power, we were a swimming/tennis school
Not true. We had good football in late '60's, at least one top ten finish, beat USC two years before, just not quite as good as USC. We had perhaps one of the best 3 or 3 players in CFB, Ted Hendricks. We had other good players. It was '66 or '67 that Playboy Mag picked us preseason number one. One of those years, some NFL scouts attended spring practice and one told the media we had more prospects than any team in the country. One compared Vince Opalsky to Larry Smith at UF, and and that was saying a lot. Larry Smith was a big fast RB, one of the best in the country.

We were a very good football school at times through the '50's and '60's. Some top ten finishes, some big victories and quite a few good players. Not as many as the late '80's and early 2000's, but silly to say we were just a swimming and tennis school. Just plain silly.

If Urban wanted to coach again then he should do it in the SEC. he would do great at Tennessee.
He goes where he has the talent to win NC already. He sure isn't coming back to get crushed by Saban. It is Dallas and if not then USC.

same esp considering they got rid of a ton of people after the admissions scandal
I think they had a big medical school scandal, too, a year or so ago. Maybe a gynecologist who got overly-curious, or something. Don't remember the details.

Advertisement
Back