Urban Meyer on Miami Job

Soòoo

Florida athletes are raw compared to TX, GA, OH, etc. And if you dont have quality coaches who know how to develop talent, you arent going to get 'elite level' results.

I disagree but I understand his point. You could say the same for any NC team tho. You arent winning in CFB if your staff isnt getting the most of the talent it recruits. Some schools get this (Bama, Clemson) and other school hope to get by without spending (Miami).

Urban's success speaks for itself but hes always has a great staff wherever he coached. And he's made FLA a priority in recruiting everywhere too.

Advertisement
2020 commits from south Florida:

Clemson - 0
Alabama - 1
LSU - 1
Georgia - 1
Ohio State - 0
Oklahoma - 0

But the best teams are cleaning up in south Florida.

Show me the list of South Florida players on the final four rosters, remembering that we're talking about 350 players.
False narrative. Look at the south Florida kids on the commits list among the top 10 2020 recruiting classes.
False narrative. This isn't 1998 anymore. The top teams aren't spending all that much time in south Florida.

Who said anything about South Florida?

This cycle, UGA offered 64 Florida players versus 31 Georgia prospects. The last five years Alabama has offered more Florida prospects than any other state. In 2016 + 2017, Ohio State offered 73 Florida players. The state with the second most OSU offers during that time was Georgia with 35.

There's a difference between Florida and South Florida.

Advertisement
Coaches down here are either inner city dudes from Year of the Bull or coked-up Cubans like our guy Cityboy.

I'm sure that other parts of Florida aren't much better in terms of quality.

Last edited:
Urban said the Georgia kids are more developed yet Georgia's roster is not predominantly Georgian and is continuing on a more national recruiting strategy moving forward

They're more developed than south Florida kids. And Georgia isn't spending a whole lot of time in south Florida as a result.

Advertisement
Please explain to me why UM, FSU and UF are among the least disciplined teams year in and out. Also why our players NEVER know the situation and how to react to it. It is sooo frustrating and has to be the coaching from pop warner on up.
Larry Coker
Randy Shannon
Al Golden
Will Muschamp
Jim McElwain
Willie Taggart
Manny Diaz

Urban said the Georgia kids are more developed yet Georgia's roster is not predominantly Georgian and is continuing on a more national recruiting strategy moving forward
Uga not prioritizing the state recruits but a lot of other elite programs are though

Advertisement
Yeah, and if you knew how to read you would see that the OP never mentioned south Florida. He mentioned Florida. So I replied with Florida stats. And LOL if you do not think a significant portion of those offers come from the tri-county area.

Look who's salty. Our recruiting region is south Florida. If we were going after kids all over the state, we wouldn't be the dumbest team in America.

Look at the commits that I just posted. If you knew how to read you could see that there are three south Florida kids committed to the best six teams in college football. "And LOL".......SMH.

Advertisement
Uga not prioritizing the state recruits but a lot of other elite programs are though

Urban talked about UGA, USC, etc. being better jobs because of their in state talent. If the talent isn't going to UGA, then his point does not make much sense. I know Georgia has good football players. But UGA offers more Florida players than Georgia players because Florida has more talent than any other state. Georgia gave out 64 Florida offers compared to 31 Georgia offers this cycle

Urban talked about UGA, USC, etc. being better jobs because of their in state talent. If the talent isn't going to UGA, then his point does not make much sense. I know Georgia has good football players. But UGA offers more Florida players than Georgia players because Florida has more talent than any other state. Georgia gave out 64 Florida offers compared to 31 Georgia offers this cycle

Georgia's roster has 88 kids from Georgia and 42 kids from other states right now. But you're trying to make the point that Georgia talent isn't going to Georgia? You're not an investigative reporter, apparently.

Yeah I dont know what kirby doing(he still signing elite classes) but the elite talent leaving the state of Georgia the last 2 years is pretty unreal and on par with what leaves Florida in some years. It’s pretty crazy when you look at it. Haven’t seen the full clip but I think He’s referring to coaching being much better in Georgia than it is and Florida as well as players being developed better and imo he’s not wrong on that imo. Still like the talent better in Florida for sure though

Advertisement
Back