Urban Meyer on Miami Job

Advertisement
Dude the donations, involvement, excitement, ticket and merchandise sales, etc would immediately go through the roof and instantly justify the hiring. Instead the sjws hire Shanny cause he got a chain made. HeS sO mIaMi bRo
Alot of fans forgot who we were man. This dude is the perfect hire u make back the money that u sign him too. But we are not comitted to winning like those other schools. We are "building champions" bs slogan is to keep the drones at bay And keep them falsely satisfied until they can't fool them anymore.....then 4 years are up new HC and staff and start over with the bs hashtags same cycle.

So south Florida talent is basically under developed coming out of high school? I do remember having a discussion here with someone saying that Florida has more talent, but Texas, Louisiana, Cali, ETC players are more developed coming out of high school.
There’s no doubt about it(Florida talent, specifically south Florida talent) is greater than all the other areas though from a year to year basis

Advertisement
If out of state coaches weren't tripping over each other to get our recruits, I might be more inclined to believe him.

Besides, the coach who turns Miami around won't have to play coy about wanting the Dallas Cowboys HC job.

Advertisement
If out of state coaches weren't tripping over each other to get our recruits, I might be more inclined to believe him.

False narrative. Look at the south Florida kids on the commits list among the top 10 2020 recruiting classes.

Advertisement
I want to see if Duke will actually respond with some facts regarding current rosters and current recruiting classes without referring to "look how many guys we put in the NFL in the 2000's".

Advertisement
Was just going to post this.

Colin Cowherd and Urban were discussing glamour jobs versus really amazing jobs in college football.

Stated schools like USC and Georgia who Colin describes as glamour jobs are amazing jobs because they have elite talent that’s developed, while FSU/UF/UM are somewhat glamour jobs because Florida athletes can be more raw.

Not entirely wrong, but if you’re gonna call OSU an amazing job (which he did of course), then so are the Florida schools because even with underdeveloped talent it’s still a better talent base than the Ohio area.

Miami does require a certain kind of person though, other jobs can be done by pretty much everyone if competent. Miami requires a unique person and skill set.
All just opinion honestly. But the fan base for UM certainly doesn't make it an amazing job.

This cycle, UGA offered 64 Florida players versus 31 Georgia prospects. The last five years Alabama has offered more Florida prospects than any other state. In 2016 + 2017, Ohio State offered 73 Florida players. The state with the second most OSU offers during that time was Georgia with 35.

Urban saying one thing and doing another. Typical for him.

I see what he's saying, but I'm not sure I agree about Florida players being developmental bc of coaching. Perhaps in terms of size and strength and conditioning, but that's about it. There's this myth out there that the coaches down here just rely on athleticism and don't know their X's and O's, and nothing can be further from the truth. Everytime one of these "developmental" high schools with the HC who's also the school's front security guard plays a school from Texas or Ohio with a HC who does nothing but coach and makes more than the principal, the Florida school seems to win.

You even see it when the big time private schools play the public powers down here. These coaches ain't dumb. They may not be the most articulate, but they know football.
Please explain to me why UM, FSU and UF are among the least disciplined teams year in and out. Also why our players NEVER know the situation and how to react to it. It is sooo frustrating and has to be the coaching from pop warner on up.

Advertisement
Back