Updated Rivals 100

Is Surtain really that elite?
He will be if he commits here.

Took the word$ out of my mouth. I$ it $o impo$$ible to think we could turn him if L$U tank$ and we have a good year?

I $till can't figure out why a kid born and rai$ed in $outh Florida with no connection to L$U I$ $uch a devout L$U honk.

It'$ not like L$U ha$ been a dominant program. In fact, during hi$ time actually following college football L$U ha$ been fairly mediocre and had to fire it$ HC, who wa$ on the hot $eat for year$.

Thi$ I$n't like Alabaga where guy$ are all front-running to go to the winning program. Thi$ I$ a downturning program with a bozo HC. Perplexing.

Where there I$ $uch a goofy and tenuous$ connection to an out$ide $chool, $uch a$ thi$ $ituation, I don't $ee any reason that a local $chool couldn't make a run.

I think I have an idea.

Advertisement

Took the words out of my mouth. Is it so impossible to think we could turn him if LSU tanks and we have a good year?

I still can't figure out why a kid born and raised in South Florida with no connection to LSU is such a devout LSU honk.

It's not like LSU has been a dominant program. In fact, during his time actually following college football LSU has been fairly mediocre and had to fire its HC, who was on the hot seat for years.

This isn't like Alabaga where guys are all front-running to go to the winning program. This is a downturning program with a bozo HC. Perplexing.

Where there is such a goofy and tenuous connection to an outside school, such as this situation, I don't see any reason that a local school couldn't make a run.
It's Papa Surtain, he wants his boy playing in the SEK...

LSU is where the father wanted to play, grew up loving, but got stuck with Southern Mississippi. Still, he's a fan I would guess and that's rubbed off on his son naturally.

I think it has more to do with who his dad is. Hes good, but havent seen anythinf from him that says hes better than Blades, Jobe, and Campbell

No it doesn't. Kid is good. Deion Sanders, Mike Irvin Jr and Ray Lewis Jr were all 3*s

Who gave out stars back then?

Same sites as now, **** Derrick Brooks kid was a 3* last year

Advertisement
Good to see kill cam davis getting the respect he deserves

Monster running back

That two headed monster going to be crazy

I think it has more to do with who his dad is. Hes good, but havent seen anythinf from him that says hes better than Blades, Jobe, and Campbell

No it doesn't. Kid is good. Deion Sanders, Mike Irvin Jr and Ray Lewis Jr were all 3*s

He's talking about the Junior versions. Deion Sr was an elite recruit.

I think guys like Cook and Surtain have the name recognition that gets them noticed early, plus they have game so they just naturally take their spots at the top especially early. You knew that though I'm guessing, probably just misread his post.

Took the word$ out of my mouth. I$ it $o impo$$ible to think we could turn him if L$U tank$ and we have a good year?

I $till can't figure out why a kid born and rai$ed in $outh Florida with no connection to L$U I$ $uch a devout L$U honk.

It'$ not like L$U ha$ been a dominant program. In fact, during hi$ time actually following college football L$U ha$ been fairly mediocre and had to fire it$ HC, who wa$ on the hot $eat for year$.

Thi$ I$n't like Alabaga where guy$ are all front-running to go to the winning program. Thi$ I$ a downturning program with a bozo HC. Perplexing.

Where there I$ $uch a goofy and tenuous$ connection to an out$ide $chool, $uch a$ thi$ $ituation, I don't $ee any reason that a local $chool couldn't make a run.

I think I have an idea.

His dad had one contract of $50M. Pretty sure he is not being bought over $20k.

Advertisement

I think guys like Cook and Surtain have the name recognition that gets them noticed early, plus they have game so they just naturally take their spots at the top especially early. You knew that though I'm guessing, probably just misread his post.

****, you're right. I completely misread the post...

****, you're right. I completely misread the post...
So did I at first. Only reason I noticed.

I think I have an idea.

His dad had one contract of $50M. Pretty sure he is not being bought over $20k.

No, no! Don't try to use logic to bust the "we only lose kids to bagmen" myth!

Took the words out of my mouth. Is it so impossible to think we could turn him if LSU tanks and we have a good year?

I still can't figure out why a kid born and raised in South Florida with no connection to LSU is such a devout LSU honk.

It's not like LSU has been a dominant program. In fact, during his time actually following college football LSU has been fairly mediocre and had to fire its HC, who was on the hot seat for years.

This isn't like Alabaga where guys are all front-running to go to the winning program. This is a downturning program with a bozo HC. Perplexing.

Where there is such a goofy and tenuous connection to an outside school, such as this situation, I don't see any reason that a local school couldn't make a run.

Only thing I ever heard is that his Dad might have wanted to go to LSU. I never understood the connection and why it couldn't be broken.

Advertisement
Some people are simply hard headed. The staff got the speed recievers it wanted last year. This year is about size & stacking the deck. The only reciever not in the size mold is Pope. Would you propose the staff leaves Pope to go after Moore? Maybe in the future we decide he's a nice complimentary piece. But as of now he's way to small to be in this class.

Advertisement
I'm sorry but Surtain isn't that elite and I've been watching him play since middle school. He is a **** of an athlete but not on the level that Patrick Johnson was at this point in their careers.

I'm sorry but Surtain isn't that elite and I've been watching him play since middle school. He is a **** of an athlete but not on the level that Patrick Johnson was at this point in their careers.

other than Sean Taylor, what DB has been?

Advertisement
Back