Updated Rivals 100

Is Surtain really that elite?
He will be if he commits here.

Took the words out of my mouth. Is it so impossible to think we could turn him if LSU tanks and we have a good year?

I still can't figure out why a kid born and raised in South Florida with no connection to LSU is such a devout LSU honk.

It's not like LSU has been a dominant program. In fact, during his time actually following college football LSU has been fairly mediocre and had to fire its HC, who was on the hot seat for years.

This isn't like Alabaga where guys are all front-running to go to the winning program. This is a downturning program with a bozo HC. Perplexing.

Where there is such a goofy and tenuous connection to an outside school, such as this situation, I don't see any reason that a local school couldn't make a run.

Only thing I ever heard is that his Dad might have wanted to go to LSU. I never understood the connection and why it couldn't be broken.

I've heard the same stupid story. So his dad wanted to go to LSU, but they didn't want him. So that makes him love LSU. Makes sense. Choad Wilson's kid wanted to go to UM, but he didn't get to. Now the entire facquit Wilson family hates UM with the intensity of a million laser beams.

Advertisement
Some people are simply hard headed. The staff got the speed recievers it wanted last year. This year is about size & stacking the deck. The only reciever not in the size mold is Pope. Would you propose the staff leaves Pope to go after Moore? Maybe in the future we decide he's a nice complimentary piece. But as of now he's way to small to be in this class.

im not necessarily proposing it, but i also wouldnt say that it isnt arguable..

Some people are simply hard headed. The staff got the speed recievers it wanted last year. This year is about size & stacking the deck. The only reciever not in the size mold is Pope. Would you propose the staff leaves Pope to go after Moore? Maybe in the future we decide he's a nice complimentary piece. But as of now he's way to small to be in this class.

I'm proposing we get the best WRs whoever they are and however big they are.

I know the staff wants size, but can they turn away Anthony Schwartz? Also, any idea on Jatavious Harris and Kevin Austin as both have elite size and speed?

I know the staff wants size, but can they turn away Anthony Schwartz? Also, any idea on Jatavious Harris and Kevin Austin as both have elite size and speed?

None of the above. Wouldn't be surprised to see his Schwartz is as big as mine on a track scholarship initially thought so we could sneak him in.

Advertisement

I'm just curious & I really shouldn't bother to play along,but what difference do you see in Mike Harley & elijah moore? I'm only asking because there is virtually no difference between the two. So with that in mind how much longer should the staff continue to placate to a fan base who knows no better? Every year there's always some begging for an offer for a kid who slides in under the radar. Do you really believe with limited numbers and us trying to get back to being a national program that we really should have so many recievers that are virtually the same physical mold especially when that mold is drastically undersized...

I'm just curious & I really shouldn't bother to play along,but what difference do you see in Mike Harley & elijah moore? I'm only asking because there is virtually no difference between the two. So with that in mind how much longer should the staff continue to placate to a fan base who knows no better? Every year there's always some begging for an offer for a kid who slides in under the radar. Do you really believe with limited numbers and us trying to get back to being a national program that we really should have so many recievers that are virtually the same physical mold especially when that mold is drastically undersized...

I don't think the staff should placate the fanbase at all regarding who they offer and recruit. They should evaluate and make their own decisions, which I am sure they are doing.

The fanbase will always lobby for a couple local kids, usually with a couple posters who know/have seen the kid leading the charge. It's personal for some posters because they might know these kids.

I think what many people will argue is that you want to get the most talented guys, period. I understand the whole size thing but does it really matter that much if the guy can get open and make plays? If we have three undersized guys out there that are all getting open and making plays does it really matter that they are undersized?

Honestly I was never as high on Harley as a lot of other people here, but at the end of the day I just want the most talented guys. If that is Moore so be it, if it is not I am perfectly happy taking other guys ahead of him. The staff will never be able to please everybody.

He will be if he commits here.

Took the words out of my mouth. Is it so impossible to think we could turn him if LSU tanks and we have a good year?

I still can't figure out why a kid born and raised in South Florida with no connection to LSU is such a devout LSU honk.

It's not like LSU has been a dominant program. In fact, during his time actually following college football LSU has been fairly mediocre and had to fire its HC, who was on the hot seat for years.

This isn't like Alabaga where guys are all front-running to go to the winning program. This is a downturning program with a bozo HC. Perplexing.

Where there is such a goofy and tenuous connection to an outside school, such as this situation, I don't see any reason that a local school couldn't make a run.

Only thing I ever heard is that his Dad might have wanted to go to LSU. I never understood the connection and why it couldn't be broken.

I've heard the same stupid story. So his dad wanted to go to LSU, but they didn't want him. So that makes him love LSU. Makes sense. Choad Wilson's kid wanted to go to UM, but he didn't get to. Now the entire facquit Wilson family hates UM with the intensity of a million laser beams.

Les Miles cucked his pops...It's been all downhill since then.

Can any of you guys who have seen Surtain play live a bunch of times comment on his likelihood to play Corner? The little I've seen, he looks like a CB for a very specific defense or a potential star Safety. What's the word on his willingness to play Safety, if at all?

Advertisement
Can any of you guys who have seen Surtain play live a bunch of times comment on his likelihood to play Corner? The little I've seen, he looks like a CB for a very specific defense or a potential star Safety. What's the word on his willingness to play Safety, if at all?

He plays mostly cb where as Tyson campbell played mostly Free safety at heritage

I don't think the staff should placate the fanbase at all regarding who they offer and recruit. They should evaluate and make their own decisions, which I am sure they are doing.

The fanbase will always lobby for a couple local kids, usually with a couple posters who know/have seen the kid leading the charge. It's personal for some posters because they might know these kids.

I think what many people will argue is that you want to get the most talented guys, period. I understand the whole size thing but does it really matter that much if the guy can get open and make plays? If we have three undersized guys out there that are all getting open and making plays does it really matter that they are undersized?

Honestly I was never as high on Harley as a lot of other people here, but at the end of the day I just want the most talented guys. If that is Moore so be it, if it is not I am perfectly happy taking other guys ahead of him. The staff will never be able to please everybody.

Yeah actually the size does make a difference. Especially in two particular areas. Over the top & when a field shrinks(aka red zone etc) you want every option open to your qb otherwise you'll see teams play you just like they do in the big 12. Creative zones.

I think every class should have a speedy slot guy. Give me Hightower, Pope, Wiggins, and Moore. And if Austin or Williams want in, gimme that too.

I think every class should have a speedy slot guy. Give me Hightower, Pope, Wiggins, and Moore. And if Austin or Williams want in, gimme that too.

So should we have 20+ recievers on the roster so we can accommodate that? No need to address other Plaistow were actually thin at? After all we do have 4 downs each series. Heaven forbid gets hurt each & every down

Advertisement
It's really difficult to take Moore when we have Harley and Thomas already but there is no doubt the kid is going be a stud wherever he ends up.

I don't give two ***** about size. Find kids that can play the position and get open.

Great comeback Brooklyn about the redzone and over the top! But overall I disagree with you in this debate and slightly prefer the most dynamic players to be taken. It sounds like U have some trepidation that the emergence of these 1b WRs are threatening the value of Hightower with the staff (I'm probably wrong). Moore and Harley differ in that Moore's physique is much more powerful so he can break tackles and at the same time is more elusive, "twichy", and able to create space in small areas than Harley. Harley doesn't have the hips that Moore does (watch Harley return kicks for STA), Harley is a str8 line speedster and deep threat route runner ala Phillip Dorsett or Desean Jackson. If Harley gets touched on this level, he is going down immediately. Also, Harley should redshirt and Moore won't need to after this coming senior season, he'll be field ready.

The good thing about this log jam and WR is that they still have a senior season to play, so we'll see more film. Everything will work it's way out. That's promised.

Advertisement
It's really difficult to take Moore when we have Harley and Thomas already but there is no doubt the kid is going be a stud wherever he ends up.

I say take elite talent when you have the chance to get it....It's the same as tall receivers some just don't pan out.

Also in the screen game!

When you have a receiver with length and size blocking for shifty receievers, it's a match made in heaven.

Rashad Greene owes Benjamin for alot of YAC fro. His blocking.

Great comeback Brooklyn about the redzone and over the top! But overall I disagree with you in this debate and slightly prefer the most dynamic players to be taken. It sounds like U have some trepidation that the emergence of these 1b WRs are threatening the value of Hightower with the staff (I'm probably wrong). Moore and Harley differ in that Moore's physique is much more powerful so he can break tackles and at the same time is more elusive, "twichy", and able to create space in small areas than Harley. Harley doesn't have the hips that Moore does (watch Harley return kicks for STA), Harley is a str8 line speedster and deep threat route runner ala Phillip Dorsett or Desean Jackson. If Harley gets touched on this level, he is going down immediately. Also, Harley should redshirt and Moore won't need to after this coming senior season, he'll be field ready.

The good thing about this log jam and WR is that they still have a senior season to play, so we'll see more film. Everything will work it's way out. That's promised.

We have thomas, harley, mullins, and dallas who are all 5'10. 3 of them were in last year class. I think that many smaller wrs is enough for 1 roster.

And size is important because this staff values blocking at wr. Having a bunch of smaller guys out there trying to block isnt the best idea.

Advertisement
Back