Updated Rivals 100

Good point ^^ but all those U mentioned except Thomas are projects. I really like Mullins but it says something that he couldn't sniff the field last season. The question is: can those players be counted towards contributing? We all know that they exist on our roster, but what if they aren't ready to hit the field yet? We are counting projects but let's see who actual hits the field. Dallas isn't polished as a college WR, and what proof do we have that he will contribute at that position when Mullins who specializes at that position couldn't get on the field? U are definitely right about numbers tho.

Ultimately, the staff knows what's up and better than we do, and how they approach these offers and takes will give us a clearer idea of what's going on, but it's fun to blog speculate, that's what the offseason is all about.

Advertisement
Good point ^^ but all those U mentioned except Thomas are projects. I really like Mullins but it says something that he couldn't sniff the field last season. The question is: can those players be counted towards contributing? We all know that they exist on our roster, but what if they aren't ready to hit the field yet? We are counting projects but let's see who actual hits the field. Dallas isn't polished as a college WR, and what proof do we have that he will contribute at that position when Mullins who specializes at that position couldn't get on the field? U are definitely right about numbers tho.

Ultimately, the staff knows what's up and better than we do, and how they approach these offers and takes will give us a clearer idea of what's going on, but it's fun to blog speculate, that's what the offseason is all about.

Dallas is an early enrollee. Mullins came in August. That's a huge gap.

The talent and speed at WR is obvious. It'll work itself out.

It's really difficult to take Moore when we have Harley and Thomas already but there is no doubt the kid is going be a stud wherever he ends up.

Camron Davis moved up like 100 spots, sheesh.

Great comeback Brooklyn about the redzone and over the top! But overall I disagree with you in this debate and slightly prefer the most dynamic players to be taken. It sounds like U have some trepidation that the emergence of these 1b WRs are threatening the value of Hightower with the staff (I'm probably wrong). Moore and Harley differ in that Moore's physique is much more powerful so he can break tackles and at the same time is more elusive, "twichy", and able to create space in small areas than Harley. Harley doesn't have the hips that Moore does (watch Harley return kicks for STA), Harley is a str8 line speedster and deep threat route runner ala Phillip Dorsett or Desean Jackson. If Harley gets touched on this level, he is going down immediately. Also, Harley should redshirt and Moore won't need to after this coming senior season, he'll be field ready.

The good thing about this log jam and WR is that they still have a senior season to play, so we'll see more film. Everything will work it's way out. That's promised.

We have thomas, harley, mullins, and dallas who are all 5'10. 3 of them were in last year class. I think that many smaller wrs is enough for 1 roster.

And size is important because this staff values blocking at wr. Having a bunch of smaller guys out there trying to block isnt the best idea.

Mullins and Dallas are physical Wrs at 5'10....I get what you're saying tho..

Great comeback Brooklyn about the redzone and over the top! But overall I disagree with you in this debate and slightly prefer the most dynamic players to be taken. It sounds like U have some trepidation that the emergence of these 1b WRs are threatening the value of Hightower with the staff (I'm probably wrong). Moore and Harley differ in that Moore's physique is much more powerful so he can break tackles and at the same time is more elusive, "twichy", and able to create space in small areas than Harley. Harley doesn't have the hips that Moore does (watch Harley return kicks for STA), Harley is a str8 line speedster and deep threat route runner ala Phillip Dorsett or Desean Jackson. If Harley gets touched on this level, he is going down immediately. Also, Harley should redshirt and Moore won't need to after this coming senior season, he'll be field ready.

The good thing about this log jam and WR is that they still have a senior season to play, so we'll see more film. Everything will work it's way out. That's promised.

We have thomas, harley, mullins, and dallas who are all 5'10. 3 of them were in last year class. I think that many smaller wrs is enough for 1 roster.

And size is important because this staff values blocking at wr. Having a bunch of smaller guys out there trying to block isnt the best idea.

And it's not like the big guys are plodders.

Guys like Kevin Austin, Daquris Wiggins, and Brian Hightower can run. Evidence Njoku can really run too.

Due to ignorance I can't speak to confidently about Dallas at WR, but Mullins, Harley, and Thomas have similar skill sets that are different than Moore's. Moore's hips and feet are on another level out of breaks. Mullins and Harley can't do what he does, but I believe Thomas could do it all and play any WR position. Many have said that STA's coach is big on seniority and Moore was learning a new system last year as a transfer.

Advertisement
Due to ignorance I can't speak to confidently about Dallas at WR, but Mullins, Harley, and Thomas have similar skill sets that are different than Moore's. Moore's hips and feet are on another level out of breaks. Mullins and Harley can't do what he does, but I believe Thomas could do it all and play any WR position. Many have said that STA's coach is big on seniority and Moore was learning a new system last year as a transfer.

The WR class is loaded and that's why no one should be worried about what direction we go in. We can't get them all. I trust in Dugans and Richt to make the right moves.

It's really difficult to take Moore when we have Harley and Thomas already but there is no doubt the kid is going be a stud wherever he ends up.

Camron Davis moved up like 100 spots, sheesh.

And it's not like the big guys are plodders.

Guys like Kevin Austin, Daquris Wiggins, and Brian Hightower can run. Evidence Njoku can really run too.

Yea but if kids like Moore and Swartz keep your D cheating over the top...You tweak a O to the strength of your personnel...We do best out of the spread right now which gives kid with elite quickness and speed a chance to shine..til the oline proves it's worth as run blockers we cannot afford to turn down electric playmakers.IMO According to most we have Pope locked in....Wiggins and Pope aren't small....why not take two smaller ones too if they have "elite" talent?

All of that has been said above. We all trust in the coaches, we're just talking football and speculating during exciting times and a long offseason

im not necessarily proposing it, but i also wouldnt say that it isnt arguable..

I'm proposing we get the best WRs whoever they are and however big they are.

I'm just curious & I really shouldn't bother to play along,but what difference do you see in Mike Harley & elijah moore? I'm only asking because there is virtually no difference between the two. So with that in mind how much longer should the staff continue to placate to a fan base who knows no better? Every year there's always some begging for an offer for a kid who slides in under the radar. Do you really believe with limited numbers and us trying to get back to being a national program that we really should have so many recievers that are virtually the same physical mold especially when that mold is drastically undersized...

I think every class should have a speedy slot guy. Give me Hightower, Pope, Wiggins, and Moore. And if Austin or Williams want in, gimme that too.

So should we have 20+ recievers on the roster so we can accommodate that? No need to address other Plaistow were actually thin at? After all we do have 4 downs each series. Heaven forbid gets hurt each & every down

Let me ask, since you actually played for the program; what's ur ideal number per cycle when it comes to WRs recruited per class?

Advertisement
The funniest part about this thread is Harley and Moore are the same....they are the same size. They are not the same. Thomas and Moore are similar, with Thomas being a bit faster. Harley isn't shifty like Thomas and Moore. hes straight line fast.

Kevin Austin looks like a beast to me. He isn't a take right now ? I would much rather him then Schwartz at this point , Austin has an NFL type body right now and looks much better all around. Obviously if we can sneak Schwartz in a track schollie and get an extra ship out of it Til he hits the field and his ship turns to football, then I'm all for that .

It all depends on what you see for your offense, but forget size for a minute and tell me how you stop the following.

Richards
Thomas
Pope
Moore
Harley
Schwartz (He will go to a premiere track school)
Mullins
Dallas?

Pick any four or even five, there's no defense in the country that has enough corners to cover that kind of speed and quickness. Spread them out, quick hits, and one missed tackle it's six.

Some people are simply hard headed. The staff got the speed recievers it wanted last year. This year is about size & stacking the deck. The only reciever not in the size mold is Pope. Would you propose the staff leaves Pope to go after Moore? Maybe in the future we decide he's a nice complimentary piece. But as of now he's way to small to be in this class.

im not necessarily proposing it, but i also wouldnt say that it isnt arguable..

I'm proposing we get the best WRs whoever they are and however big they are.

I'm just curious & I really shouldn't bother to play along,but what difference do you see in Mike Harley & elijah moore? I'm only asking because there is virtually no difference between the two. So with that in mind how much longer should the staff continue to placate to a fan base who knows no better? Every year there's always some begging for an offer for a kid who slides in under the radar. Do you really believe with limited numbers and us trying to get back to being a national program that we really should have so many recievers that are virtually the same physical mold especially when that mold is drastically undersized...

Posters love players that make people looks silly in shorts and tee shirts.

Advertisement
The funniest part of almost every thread is that there are dudes who don't have the ability to or are choosing not to contribute to the actual discussion (which is of course speculative) but that are still posting nothingness and trying to discourage discussion lol! Just scroll on if U have an issue, I do it all time without posting attitude.

Clemson won the NC with the help of multiple WR picks. Hard to pull those off with a bunch of smurfs, even if they're all elite. We need more balance so we can go with a deep playbook and can create mismatches.

What a good problem to finally have. When have we turned away talent over the last 15 years because we have too many options? The truth is, now that Miami is back, there are too many options in South Florida alone at some positions to be able to take everyone. WR and DB are two positions that is happening this year. Just not enough room. Which is an awesome place to finally be at!

Advertisement

Nah. B position with the staff is firmly entrenched. Ain't nothing threatening that. It's at the end of the day I understand football logistics & I agree with what the staff's visions are. Lastly just FYI as of yesterday Harley = 5'10& a quarter 172. Moore = 5'10 160... just ponder upon that.

Dionte had 2 problems kept him off the field. First it was getting in game ready shape & struggling to learn the playbook. Then he had 2 minor injuries.

I'm not sure if you mean to or not but you're giving him an excuse that's not valid & pinning it on the coach with something that's simply not true. He sat because he wasn't better than their starters. Same time or year before he transferred in so did scartlett,so did Bruce so did Irvin same with the db,same with blades now & all of them played immediately in big roles. So I'm sorry but the coach has shown seniority is not his stance. Everyone simply wants to make this kid out to be so unique but apparently the coaching staff & fellow players don't feel that way. If you recall when everyone spoke about Harley it was he's such a impossible cover etc (from recruits as well) now (even though I've thought so all along) he's a Dorsett clone & straight line runner. Regardless what separates them is minimal.

Advertisement
Back