Updated Rivals 100

Geo..come on man..you have to admit. Austin popped off the screen. If you had never seen any of those recruits and just watched the highlights most people would have asked Who TF is that kid? He passed the eyeball test and he showed out. If you think this is bad now, wait until he murders DBs in Oregon. You will really be disturbed then because he will be the talk of the recruiting circuits at that point.

To a casual fan degree. I can accept that. I do expect him to have a great showing there.

Most of use don't see these kids like you do. Often we have to rely on highlights, stats, or other peoples' analysis. Not sure that necessarily means we are "casual fans." To me a casual fan is one that thinks every WR and RB recruit needs to run under a 4.5 forty.

Geo apparently is a master evaluator and no longer just a fan because he drives around and watches more HS games than you do.

Geo on the way to watching a high school football game:

1991_geo_tracker-pic-18088-1600x1200.jpg

Advertisement
Geo..come on man..you have to admit. Austin popped off the screen. If you had never seen any of those recruits and just watched the highlights most people would have asked Who TF is that kid? He passed the eyeball test and he showed out. If you think this is bad now, wait until he murders DBs in Oregon. You will really be disturbed then because he will be the talk of the recruiting circuits at that point.

To a casual fan degree. I can accept that. I do expect him to have a great showing there.

Most of use don't see these kids like you do. Often we have to rely on highlights, stats, or other peoples' analysis. Not sure that necessarily means we are "casual fans." To me a casual fan is one that thinks every WR and RB recruit needs to run under a 4.5 forty.

Geo apparently is a master evaluator and no longer just a fan because he drives around and watches more HS games than you do.

Not sure that's something to brag about. Seriously though, I very much respect his opinion on our recruiting targets.

This dude's acting like all our WRs are 5'7.

Get the best WRs. That's all I want. If they're all 6'4 then I'm good with that.

Except for Richards, the only ones that have seen the field are. All the new ones except Nkoju are also. It's easy to cherry pick big guys that haven't worked out (Legget, Ryan Moore, Aldarious Johnson, etal), but we've also had success with bigger receivers (Eddie Brown, Stanley Shakespeare, Mike Irvin, Copeland, Carrol, Wayne, AJ Johnson).

This is a year that no matter what choice the staff makes someone is going to be left out. All the recruits they're choosing from are elite. It will come down to evaluations and which ones complement the existing team based on how Richt wants to play.

So all our WRs are 5'7 stars except Richards? Terrible.

Don't be a numbskull. He exaggerates by saying 5'7'' just to ridicule someone but his point is clearly to say short receivers. And yes 5'10'' oat a P5 school are relative midgets. They best have some extraordinary skills to stand out against a 6'2'' or 6'3'' guy with the same speed.

Now go out and ridicule Geo if he's still playing.

Just ******* band this Geo305 guy already. Way too divisive and condescending to work for this organization.

I'm just curious & I really shouldn't bother to play along,but what difference do you see in Mike Harley & elijah moore? I'm only asking because there is virtually no difference between the two. So with that in mind how much longer should the staff continue to placate to a fan base who knows no better? Every year there's always some begging for an offer for a kid who slides in under the radar. Do you really believe with limited numbers and us trying to get back to being a national program that we really should have so many recievers that are virtually the same physical mold especially when that mold is drastically undersized...

You know how you're always telling guys to pay attention to the words you write and to hone up on their comprehension? Stop beating your chest about the fans knowing nothing when pretty much everyone in the country sees Moore as a bigtime WR.

Show me where I'm stumping for Moore anyway. I'm merely railing against the dumb concept of recruiting size at WR over ability at WR.

Just sign the best WRs. If you signed Santana Moss in 2017 you don't turn away Antonio Brown in 2018 because you think you need Aikeem Jolla or Aldarius Johnson.

When coaches start yapping about size as the deciding factor you wind up with Folden scenarios. If the big WR is better than the small WR then take the big one.

P.S. Are you insinuating that Rick took Harley because the fans wanted him? The staff "placated to" the fans on Harley?

P.P.S. Moore is a much better route runner than Harley.

I'm done with this cause I see where this is heading after that whole beating my chest comment. I'm not questioning or insulting anyone. I'm simply letting you know why he isn't an option at this point. The rest is irrelevant to me. I have no point in debating something that is moot. The key in your sentence is ELITE... the reality is the big wr we are after are considered all elite... in the words of ti top shelf homie. Creme de la creme. So what's the problem that should be argued over? No one is saying Moore isn't good. What's said is his stature is what's holding him back. When everyone in the discussion is considered elite it then comes down to preferences... now I'm done beating my chest & stating the obvious. You're dead right though.they should absolutely take Moore so that way we have more ing & moaning set up for the near future of why our whole wr corps looks like bebes kids on roids. Taking it one more thread further we can all cry then(again)about how horrible dugans is and demand his job so we can hire butch Davis to coach wr... about sum that up?

You're acting a little attached to being right on this one...

Taking Moore and 3-4 other WRs over 6' tall doesn't = a roster of bebes kids

This dude's acting like all our WRs are 5'7.

Get the best WRs. That's all I want. If they're all 6'4 then I'm good with that.

Also people are forgetting we didn't sign all smaller WR last year anyway. I'd say Evidence falls in the bigger WR category.

Advertisement
Hightoqer was ranked #40 overall and now the new realwasw they ranked him #92

And there writers covering the opening in orlando said he was the top player at the whole camp! What gives lol

Advertisement
Back