Updated Rivals 100

Yea most people are recruiting novices, don't live in south Florida, and rely on video to be shared in order form an opinion.

People agree with U now, would U rather they saw his latest tape going against great competition and dominating, but continued to sleep on him and not acknowledge him??? U got what wanted. I don't understand what U want people to do. Or maybe U have a specific poster(s) in mind, if so, call them out.

Advertisement
How Gurvan Hall & Josh Jobe are not in that is a crime.

Surtain is good and well polished but I have always said Campbell was the crown jewel DB prospect on that team.

James Cook is very overrated. Meanwhile Cam & Nayquan & McIntosh out there competing. He'll take a rep and go sit, have not heard good things about his attitude at all.

Kevin Austin will make his way onto this list. Speaking about him, think it's funny the bandwagons who hopped on his train now. Was getting overlooked by a ton of people on here in the WR discussion. IDC about his comp, every time I've seen the kid go up against real competition, he shows up.

how can anyone be a bandwagon for starting to love a prospects potential a year before they have to sign? Credit to you and others for pointing him out early but don't see any problem with people jumping on the Austin train now

Lot of people were writing him off and completely ignoring or not even acknowledging him in any WR discussion on this board. Kid shows out at The Opening Regional and here comes the train, no consistency from people. So all of a sudden he's good now, right? Just over night?

The people who know the area and in the know, know what they're watching and knew how good he was, not a slight at all to other people. Opinions can change obviously but I find it very laughable the sudden love for him all of a sudden because of the event. It's not like he was hiding under a rock or had no film. I've known about the kid since he was at Western but that's not the point Kyle. He's been rated a 4 star for some time now, I'm sure some people here have to have had come across it at some point and watch him and if not, then just watching rankings over film.(Which is the worst way to evaluate and has come off as my own formed opinion when I see the comments made regarding certain prospects.)

No surprise to me he dominated, he's one of Slys products. Sly always produces good prospects. It was the same thing with Lingard a while back, go look at some of the original threads of him.

It comes off as inconsistent and bandwagon-ish. Seen it too many times even regarding kids who shun us away. Shawn Davis was hot commodity and he chose UF, all of a sudden he was hated.

I just find it laughable as someone who watches numerous tapes, scouts, evaluates and talks with the coaches. To see the flip-floppy formulated opinions on a prospect from some on this board. Again, I digress. He wasn't living under a rock. All of a sudden he's good now?
Don't take yourself so seriously as a scout. When guys beat up on horrible competition sometimes it's prudent to see what they do against significantly better competition.

It's not bandwagon jumping to be more impressed with Austin after he performed well against better competition any more than it was for Rick to offer Bandy later than Oklahoma did.

Surtain is good and well polished but I have always said Campbell was the crown jewel DB prospect on that team.

James Cook is very overrated. Meanwhile Cam & Nayquan & McIntosh out there competing. He'll take a rep and go sit, have not heard good things about his attitude at all.

Kevin Austin will make his way onto this list. Speaking about him, think it's funny the bandwagons who hopped on his train now. Was getting overlooked by a ton of people on here in the WR discussion. IDC about his comp, every time I've seen the kid go up against real competition, he shows up.

how can anyone be a bandwagon for starting to love a prospects potential a year before they have to sign? Credit to you and others for pointing him out early but don't see any problem with people jumping on the Austin train now

Lot of people were writing him off and completely ignoring or not even acknowledging him in any WR discussion on this board. Kid shows out at The Opening Regional and here comes the train, no consistency from people. So all of a sudden he's good now, right? Just over night?

The people who know the area and in the know, know what they're watching and knew how good he was, not a slight at all to other people. Opinions can change obviously but I find it very laughable the sudden love for him all of a sudden because of the event. It's not like he was hiding under a rock or had no film. I've known about the kid since he was at Western but that's not the point Kyle. He's been rated a 4 star for some time now, I'm sure some people here have to have had come across it at some point and watch him and if not, then just watching rankings over film.(Which is the worst way to evaluate and has come off as my own formed opinion when I see the comments made regarding certain prospects.)

No surprise to me he dominated, he's one of Slys products. Sly always produces good prospects. It was the same thing with Lingard a while back, go look at some of the original threads of him.

just remember people saying "lets see how he does when he goes against real comp, cause he plays against scrubs". And now that they see him show out in a competitive setting, they're excited about him... Nothing wrong with that.

No reason to go banging your chest screaming "told ya"

It's not about that. I understood comp concerns, I had them at first too before I saw him in person at a few events.

Some, not saying all. Completely ignored or didn't mention him at all in WR discussions or had him very low on the totem pole and all of a sudden off one camp cause he GOT Open, they're convinced. What changed? I'm not going to even toot my own horn here but Dmoney was singing this kids praises as well as Macho too a while back as well. Y'all can say what you want about Macho but he knows his ****. It's not like KA wasn't discussed on here.

It's a sudden revelation that he should be prioritized now for some people off one camp? It's laughable. It's not like the kid didn't attend any camps or played 7on7 circuit before this year.

I can understand a new prospect on the board or something but this kid been known and discussed a bit already on here.

Last edited:
I'm just curious & I really shouldn't bother to play along,but what difference do you see in Mike Harley & elijah moore? I'm only asking because there is virtually no difference between the two. So with that in mind how much longer should the staff continue to placate to a fan base who knows no better? Every year there's always some begging for an offer for a kid who slides in under the radar. Do you really believe with limited numbers and us trying to get back to being a national program that we really should have so many recievers that are virtually the same physical mold especially when that mold is drastically undersized...

You know how you're always telling guys to pay attention to the words you write and to hone up on their comprehension? Stop beating your chest about the fans knowing nothing when pretty much everyone in the country sees Moore as a bigtime WR.

Show me where I'm stumping for Moore anyway. I'm merely railing against the dumb concept of recruiting size at WR over ability at WR.

Just sign the best WRs. If you signed Santana Moss in 2017 you don't turn away Antonio Brown in 2018 because you think you need Aikeem Jolla or Aldarius Johnson.

When coaches start yapping about size as the deciding factor you wind up with Folden scenarios. If the big WR is better than the small WR then take the big one.

P.S. Are you insinuating that Rick took Harley because the fans wanted him? The staff "placated to" the fans on Harley?

P.P.S. Moore is a much better route runner than Harley.

I'm done with this cause I see where this is heading after that whole beating my chest comment. I'm not questioning or insulting anyone. I'm simply letting you know why he isn't an option at this point. The rest is irrelevant to me. I have no point in debating something that is moot. The key in your sentence is ELITE... the reality is the big wr we are after are considered all elite... in the words of ti top shelf homie. Creme de la creme. So what's the problem that should be argued over? No one is saying Moore isn't good. What's said is his stature is what's holding him back. When everyone in the discussion is considered elite it then comes down to preferences... now I'm done beating my chest & stating the obvious. You're dead right though.they should absolutely take Moore so that way we have more ing & moaning set up for the near future of why our whole wr corps looks like bebes kids on roids. Taking it one more thread further we can all cry then(again)about how horrible dugans is and demand his job so we can hire butch Davis to coach wr... about sum that up?

You're acting a little attached to being right on this one...

Taking Moore and 3
-4 other WRs over 6' tall doesn't = a roster of bebes kids
This dude's acting like all our WRs are 5'7.

Get the best WRs. That's all I want. If they're all 6'4 then I'm good with that.

Except for Richards, the only ones that have seen the field are. All the new ones except Nkoju are also. It's easy to cherry pick big guys that haven't worked out (Legget, Ryan Moore, Aldarious Johnson, etal), but we've also had success with bigger receivers (Eddie Brown, Stanley Shakespeare, Mike Irvin, Copeland, Carrol, Wayne, AJ Johnson).

This is a year that no matter what choice the staff makes someone is going to be left out. All the recruits they're choosing from are elite. It will come down to evaluations and which ones complement the existing team based on how Richt wants to play.

It comes off as inconsistent and bandwagon-ish. Seen it too many times even regarding kids who shun us away. Shawn Davis was hot commodity and he chose UF, all of a sudden he was hated.

I just find it laughable as someone who watches numerous tapes, scouts, evaluates and talks with the coaches. To see the flip-floppy formulated opinions on a prospect from some on this board. Again, I digress. He wasn't living under a rock. All of a sudden he's good now?
Don't take yourself so seriously as a scout. When guys beat up on horrible competition sometimes it's prudent to see what they do against significantly better competition.

It's not bandwagon jumping to be more impressed with Austin after he performed well against better competition any more than it was for Rick to offer Bandy later than Oklahoma did.

That's not even comparable though TBH. Anyone who knew their **** and went to games down here. They knew how good Bandy was. The tune being sung for Bandy was way different than Austin on this board. Bandy played some of the best competition every week, I can understand comp concerns for KA before to an extent but the sudden revelation is again, laughable. Considering some people's comments and thoughts towards camps and 7on7. Staff still has a thing with size even today, that was the issue with Bandy. Staff not gonna take a smaller guy unless they're explosive/freakishly athletic or just a special football player.

Advertisement

just remember people saying "lets see how he does when he goes against real comp, cause he plays against scrubs". And now that they see him show out in a competitive setting, they're excited about him... Nothing wrong with that.

It's not about that. I understood comp concerns, I had them at first too before I saw him in person at a few events.

Some, not saying all. Completely ignored or didn't mention him at all in WR discussions or had him very low on the totem pole and all of a sudden off one camp cause he GOT Open, they're convinced. What changed? I'm not going to even toot my own horn here but Dmoney was singing this kids praises as well as Macho too a while back as well. Y'all can say what you want about Macho but he knows his ****. It's not like KA wasn't discussed on here.

It's a sudden revelation that he should be prioritized now for some people off one camp? It's laughable. It's not like the kid didn't attend any camps or played 7on7 circuit before this year.

I can understand a new prospect on the board or something but this kid been known and discussed a bit already on here.

You are tooting your own horn. If you're going to do that, then you should point out all the guys you misevaluated unless it's your position that you guys are infallible and were always first and most accurate on everyone.

How do you explain kids moving up and down the recruiting rankings if there's no room for people to adjust their opinions based upon new facts? Under your model, if you start as a 3 star as a sophomore then you should end as a 3 star no matter what.

You are tooting your own horn. If you're going to do that, then you should point out all the guys you misevaluated unless it's your position that you guys are infallible and were always first and most accurate on everyone.

How do you explain kids moving up and down the recruiting rankings if there's no room for people to adjust their opinions based upon new facts? Under your model, if you start as a 3 star as a sophomore then you should end as a 3 star no matter what.

why can't you just accept that Geo is better than all of us?

This dude's acting like all our WRs are 5'7.

Get the best WRs. That's all I want. If they're all 6'4 then I'm good with that.

Except for Richards, the only ones that have seen the field are. All the new ones except Nkoju are also. It's easy to cherry pick big guys that haven't worked out (Legget, Ryan Moore, Aldarious Johnson, etal), but we've also had success with bigger receivers (Eddie Brown, Stanley Shakespeare, Mike Irvin, Copeland, Carrol, Wayne, AJ Johnson).

This is a year that no matter what choice the staff makes someone is going to be left out. All the recruits they're choosing from are elite. It will come down to evaluations and which ones complement the existing team based on how Richt wants to play.

So all our WRs are 5'7 stars except Richards? Terrible.

Advertisement
geo, brotha, who are you evening arguing with? if you wanna come in here suggesting that someone at one point said kevin austin wasnt any good, and now he is, then okay, thats one thing. id suggest you call those posters out by name or bump an old thread. im entertained by that stuff, so im all for it.

but, for the majority of people that follow recruiting, they dont really start paying attention to the current recruiting class until around nowish, as the last class just finished signing, and the camp & 7v7 circuits are in full swing.

yes, you personally follow recruiting extremely close and can probably rank south florida's top 100 for 2021. but, it's certainly not bandwagoning for guys to begin pumping up prospects a year before they sign.

if you wanna brag, then by all means brag. we know you follow this stuff closer than most. but like others have said, if you go that route, be prepared to get called out when you're wrong & handle it like a man

You're right. I made the mistake not immediately accepting Austin as the best WR in the country. And I made the same mistake in not accepting Geo as our superior quickly enough.

I have misevaluated in the past, I am not perfect but I'll stick to my guns till enough evidence shown to say otherwise.

I discussed earlier, that it is fine for an opinion to change regarding a prospect. Over night though? Hilarious. Why? The thought on here from some that camps and 7on7 don't matter much but proceed to realize how good Austin is off one camp? They actually do matter now, football really does go on year round here now. Some were shunning Moore for a camp setting, "that's his element". While praising Austin for it. Tell me what the difference is? It comes off flip-floppy and bandwagon-like.

Prospects do improve from year to year. Some regress. Any joe schmoe can say they got the next big thing. Takes an eye to find them before they blow up with offers though. Some kids are late bloomers, some kids max out early.

Some kids rise after a season in my view or fall. It's normal.

It's not about beating my chest, it's pointing out the inconsistent opinions. I can understand being concerned about his competition but calling the kid a back up plan etc. and doing a 180 comes off bad.

Please don't get into rankings on the subscription based sites. Lot of politics are involved in that and most were guys who never actually played the game. It's not the gospel.

You're right. I made the mistake not immediately accepting Austin as the best WR in the country. And I made the same mistake in not accepting Geo as our superior quickly enough.

Lol chill. It's not like that. I'm talking in general, not specifically you both.

I'll make a reference though. Mark Pope had struggled in Orlando and didn't get his invite. I still think he's the superior WR in the state to anyone in his class.

I just don't see eye to eye with the sudden love fest for Austin when he was getting shunned by some a week ago, off one camp. By that logic, Mark Pope no longer higher on my personal board cause he had some struggles in Orlando. Doesn't make sense to me, that's all.

Advertisement
Geo..come on man..you have to admit. Austin popped off the screen. If you had never seen any of those recruits and just watched the highlights most people would have asked Who TF is that kid? He passed the eyeball test and he showed out. If you think this is bad now, wait until he murders DBs in Oregon. You will really be disturbed then because he will be the talk of the recruiting circuits at that point.

Geo..come on man..you have to admit. Austin popped off the screen. If you had never seen any of those recruits and just watched the highlights most people would have asked Who TF is that kid? He passed the eyeball test and he showed out. If you think this is bad now, wait until he murders DBs in Oregon. You will really be disturbed then because he will be the talk of the recruiting circuits at that point.

To a casual fan degree. I can accept that. I do expect him to have a great showing there.

To a casual fan degree. I can accept that. I do expect him to have a great showing there.

Most of use don't see these kids like you do. Often we have to rely on highlights, stats, or other peoples' analysis. Not sure that necessarily means we are "casual fans." To me a casual fan is one that thinks every WR and RB recruit needs to run under a 4.5 forty.

Advertisement

I have misevaluated in the past, I am not perfect but I'll stick to my guns till enough evidence shown to say otherwise.

I discussed earlier, that it is fine for an opinion to change regarding a prospect. Over night though? Hilarious. Why? The thought on here from some that camps and 7on7 don't matter much but proceed to realize how good Austin is off one camp? They actually do matter now, football really does go on year round here now. Some were shunning Moore for a camp setting, "that's his element". While praising Austin for it. Tell me what the difference is? It comes off flip-floppy and bandwagon-like.

Prospects do improve from year to year. Some regress. Any joe schmoe can say they got the next big thing. Takes an eye to find them before they blow up with offers though. Some kids are late bloomers, some kids max out early.

Some kids rise after a season in my view or fall. It's normal.

It's not about beating my chest, it's pointing out the inconsistent opinions. I can understand being concerned about his competition but calling the kid a back up plan etc. and doing a 180 comes off bad.

Please don't get into rankings on the subscription based sites. Lot of politics are involved in that and most were guys who never actually played the game. It's not the gospel.

You're going to cave a hole in your chest from pounding it so hard. Your cheeks are going to explode from tooting your own **** horn so violently.

Not everyone has all day to spend driving around watching HS workouts. Austin was brought up a few times on here casually. He was not a major topic on this board. Because he wasn't a major topic on here, he wasn't getting discussed all that much.

When he did get discussed, some guys were all in on him because they look at highlight videos and don't account for competition level. Some guys said they wanted to see more. Some guys completely dismissed him based on his competition level.

Opinions on recruits are not the subject for accusations of bandwagoning and flip flopping. People evaluate based on their own criteria. Sometimes, facts change and facts accumulate over time.

So, yes, if someone wanted to see Austin do something against better competition, and then he did excel against better competition at the Miami Opening, an opinion can change immediately from "I'm not sold on him" to "He answered some questions and looks like a player." What the fck is so absurd about that? And why do you feel the need to brow beat people for waiting on more info on guys?

I still don't pretend to know everything about Austin, and neither should you. There are intangible factors that can cause a guy with good ability like Austin to flame out at the marquee P5 level.

Lol chill. It's not like that. I'm talking in general, not specifically you both.

I'll make a reference though. Mark Pope had struggled in Orlando and didn't get his invite. I still think he's the superior WR in the state to anyone in his class.

I just don't see eye to eye with the sudden love fest for Austin when he was getting shunned by some a week ago, off one camp. By that logic, Mark Pope no longer higher on my personal board cause he had some struggles in Orlando. Doesn't make sense to me, that's all.

Start naming names and pointing out specific examples of guys who are suddenly in a "love fest" with Austin who had written him off completely. You're fighting ghosts because there's no one doing that. You're just using this as a chance to beat your chest for claiming you were first or second to pimp Austin last year.

Just because you're one of those "I have an opinion on Jan. 2, 2014, and I will never change it no matter what happens" kind of guys doesn't mean everyone else has to be so closed off to new facts.

Most of use don't see these kids like you do. Often we have to rely on highlights, stats, or other peoples' analysis. Not sure that necessarily means we are "casual fans." To me a casual fan is one that thinks every WR and RB recruit needs to run under a 4.5 forty.

Geo apparently is a master evaluator and no longer just a fan because he drives around and watches more HS games than you do.

Advertisement
Back