UPDATE: STILL MY OPINION: Hurts decision expected tomorrow/martell by Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Coaches expect to land both. With hurts it comes down to his familiarity with enos and being sold on us having the pieces to make a run and being developed to be a top 2 round pick. With Martell its him being sold by brevin and Bolden that they can run it like they did in high school. Diaz doing a great job. These also wont be the last studs coming in as transfers. Stay tuned for more soon.

Also team meeting expected to take place around 6 with hurts to be in attendance...

Let's think through this.

Hurts coming has some obvious advantges to all parties (OU is probably his best fit if they'll have him).

Martell? I'm not fully seeing what's in his best interest by coming to Miami. I get the former HS teammates, but thats really very limited/no value.

The young man wants tape as a starter at the soonest moment. Then why Miami if Hurts also comes?

What am I missing?

Advertisement

Hurts coming has some obvious advantges to all parties (OU is probably his best fit if they'll have him).

Martell? I'm not fully seeing what's in his best interest by coming to Miami. I get the former HS teammates, but thats really very limited/no value.

The young man wants tape as a starter at the soonest moment. Then why Miami if Hurts also comes?

What am I missing?
Learns playbook and has more than fair shot to win. Goes to WVU or Louisville then has to deal with making sure he does graduate on time and cram in a playbook. Plus none are proven QB guys like Enos is.

Advertisement
If this plays out boy what a coup for Manny and Enos landing Hurts and Martell. That’s just incredible and would instantly give us a credible QB to lead our new offense and one who’s intimately familiar with how to run it. Getting Tate is the icing on the cake for 2020 and beyond. He can sit for the year and truly learn from Enos and Hurts so that he’s ready to go for the following season. And to add more drama and intrigue there’s rumors of a DT transfer coming in to that will help for 2019 as well.

Advertisement

What am I missing?
Martell has to sit out a year so he wont be competing with Hurts at all

Advertisement

What am I missing?

Because Martell won't be eligible until 2020 wherever he goes. That's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back