(Update on Recent) Miami Transfers

Ditto for Derrick Smith

That was an eval that I didn’t agree with Manny on. I never felt D Smith had enough flexibility and short burst to be a good defensive back. I don’t think he would see a lot of action given the talent we now have at safety and striker.

Advertisement
That was an eval that I didn’t agree with Manny on. I never felt D Smith had enough flexibility and short burst to be a good defensive back. I don’t think he would see a lot of action given the talent we now have at safety and striker.

just to extend on this, Manny loves hyperbole. With D Smith he said we got our guy. With Joyner he said we got our guy. With Huff he said we got our guy. There is a lot of uncertainty in player Evals. But Manny gets way too ****y. I didn’t necessarily have an issue recruiting any of these guys. But they were all projections, and we should’ve been recruiting around them better.

just to extend on this, Manny loves hyperbole. With D Smith he said we got our guy. With Joyner he said we got our guy. With Huff he said we got our guy. There is a lot of uncertainty in player Evals. But Manny gets way too ****y. I didn’t necessarily have an issue recruiting any of these guys. But they were all projections, and we should’ve been recruiting around them better.
He should have said: we settled. Took ****. Hope they pan out. Fans would have loved that too.

I know he was never a Cane but Sitkowski out here playing for Illinois lmao.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know he was never but a Cane but Sitkowski out here playing for Illinois lmao.
Just about to post this. It’s gonna be a laugher for them if their starter has a legit injury which looks like he might

Advertisement
Na, Christian Williams was pretty good. He would’ve played this year. He was struggling a bit when he transferred but he was good enough to play at Miami.
I guess you saying Ivey was significantly better than him in practice stuck the “can’t cover ****” Idea in my head.

Bad evaluations. So many dropped to the G5 level so they could play.
Because D1 teams don’t have the room.. there’s still a ton of guys in the portal and season bout to start. Gotta get in where you fit in this year and maybe transfer back to a big school next year

Advertisement
DMoney mentioned he was barely serviceable iirc. Couldn’t cover **** in practice
I know. And I publicly disagreed with him back then as well. You’re gonna look bad or not up to par in any setting if you’re asked to do something you shouldn’t be doing

Advertisement
I guess you saying Ivey was significantly better than him in practice stuck the “can’t cover ****” Idea in my head.
Well cuz ivey isn’t terrible as far as knowing what to do.. his reactions to things are just slow

I felt like he could've been an excellent LB. But some kids don't take well to being moved around to fit team needs...idk if that was his situation, but I do remember camp notes prior to his transfer of him being a ball hawk in practice...then he didn't win the job over AC5 and decided he wanted out

Advertisement
Back