Update Frank Ladson

Good opportunity to leverage transfer portal. Bring him in and see if we can capture his upside coming out of high school. If not, let the kid know he will never see the field at Miami and lets use the transfer portal to find him a better landing spot.

Advertisement
Injuries and/or transfers could easily bring those numbers down . Plus why not bring in more competition whenever you can . That’s just how you run a big time program .
That’s not how you run a big time program. Numbers are important. Every program has a certain number of guys at each position. You don’t operate off if somebody leaves u just worry bout that when it happens

Advertisement
Well. Everyone here knows I hate to be an insider let me start by saying that. But I’m actually the guy who told Miami to contact Mario Williams. So not to be a **** but shut up
Heard he’s looking for high six to low seven figure NIL deal… Know he’s a great player, is he hard working and high character too? If so I’m sure a competitive deal could be put in front of him…

Advertisement
It’s just not that easy.

We don’t know what kind of a groin pull he had. If it was third-degree, it involved a complete tearing of a muscle.

And a lot of the stuff people say is just general knowledge. I had a third-degree growing pull/tear, and it happened at the end of practice when we were running gassers. I heard that son of a bltch pop and tear. It took me just a week before I could even walk right.

Groin pulls and groin instability can become chronic, so we don’t know what situation Ladson is in, and if he’ll ever be back to 100%.

I know there’s a lot of information about how you can do muscle exercises and go into programs that stabilize and strengthen complementary muscles and tendons, and it makes sense, but it doesn’t mean that you are ever going to be fully back to 100%.

I’m not an expert, nor am I pretending to be, but I can only speak to the personal experience I had, and the research I did into it at the time.
Makes sense, brother. Thank you for sharing.

Gabby U just stated that Ladson is cleaning out his apartment at Clemson and still believes he enrolls at Miami. Also stated he’s fully healthy from a groin injury

Fuck Yeah Yes GIF
Happy Jonah Hill GIF
Fuck Yeah Reaction GIF
Fuck Yeah Yes GIF
fuck yeah fist pump GIF

Advertisement
That’s not how you run a big time program. Numbers are important. Every program has a certain number of guys at each position. You don’t operate off if somebody leaves u just worry bout that when it happens
I think Mario knows how to manage a roster. Point blank period coaches know more than we do . They usually know way before we do if a player is looking to transfer or not . Case in point nobody on this board would have pegged Nesta as a transfer candidate. At the most ppl thought he was going to try to go NFL.

If we’re going after multiple portal guys at WR then clearly it’s for a reason. 9 guys is not some huge number. And in that 9 guys, the majority of them are unproven at this level . Guys like Redding and Worsham are nothing more than numbers in your count at this point thus far. If you think relying on that, in this transfer era, is how you run a big time program idk what to tell you .

We have some worthless numbers at the WR position. It is absolutely one of the positions where we must get a portal guy.

Advertisement
Makes sense, brother. Thank you for sharing.

I think I forgot to say that shlt really hurt. I felt like I got shot.

But with respect to Ladson, I just think we need to do our due diligence.

If we feel we can estimate the likelihood of him not having a chronic problem, or a problem that has already affected his mobility and I hate to say it “usability” in the future, then he might be somebody worth taking.

Those are the type of decisions that Mario and his people have to make. Is he worth the trouble and the roster spot?

Home with a sick kid waiting on a Covid test, I wish I were back in college pulling my groin cleaning my apartment.

Advertisement
Back