Update Frank Ladson

We need numbers at WR so it's smart to bring in a guy like Ladson who has a ton of talent but will need to compete to show he belongs. He won't be walking in expecting to be given a starting role. Depth and competition.
Exactly. Are we in a position to really turn guys like this away with our depth issues? Especially when we are expecting some further roster attrition in the coming weeks.

Advertisement
Exactly. Are we in a position to really turn guys like this away with our depth issues? Especially when we are expecting some further roster attrition in the coming weeks.
What depth issues? We don’t have overly proven guys but there will be 8 scholarship wrs heading into the spring. Could be 9 if we we get Coleman as expected. So 9 wrs plus a portal guy gives you 10. The numbers are fine there.

Advertisement
Bad groins can be corrected with better running form and other exercises that strengthen supporting muscles. This is Feld's job now.

It’s just not that easy.

We don’t know what kind of a groin pull he had. If it was third-degree, it involved a complete tearing of a muscle.

And a lot of the stuff people say is just general knowledge. I had a third-degree growing pull/tear, and it happened at the end of practice when we were running gassers. I heard that son of a bltch pop and tear. It took me just a week before I could even walk right.

Groin pulls and groin instability can become chronic, so we don’t know what situation Ladson is in, and if he’ll ever be back to 100%.

I know there’s a lot of information about how you can do muscle exercises and go into programs that stabilize and strengthen complementary muscles and tendons, and it makes sense, but it doesn’t mean that you are ever going to be fully back to 100%.

I’m not an expert, nor am I pretending to be, but I can only speak to the personal experience I had, and the research I did into it at the time.

You have essentially 5 guys that you are going to rely on going into next year (George, Brinson, Key, X, and Smith) with Redding/Worsham being ?s due to injuries and development and 2 freshmen in Horton and Coleman which brings you to 9 guys. Add Ladson and swing for the fences for another.

I posted this before, if we waste a year of TVD because the injury bug hits the WR room and we lack depth, that would be coaching malpractice.

What are the two options? You're just a random dude on an internet message board that nobody pays attention to talking in a thread about an irrelevant receiver.
Well. Everyone here knows I hate to be an insider let me start by saying that. But I’m actually the guy who told Miami to contact Mario Williams. So not to be a **** but shut up

Advertisement
Well. Everyone here knows I hate to be an insider let me start by saying that. But I’m actually the guy who told Miami to contact Mario Williams. So not to be a **** but shut up

JFC….I thought I was being pretty obvious when I said what I did. “We’re just two girls talking here”. Was I not over the top enough? 😂 didn’t mean that literally.

I'd like to see them bring Ladson in. He brings some much needed size. He's injury prone but I don't think we're desperate at receiver so if he can't stay healthy, it's not the end of the world.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve had a family member play for ou every year for the last 10 or so years, my mother gets free tickets to home games.
9C03B212-1805-44AF-A0D4-0180E671BA50.jpeg

Many on here do this on a continual basis.

What depth issues? We don’t have overly proven guys but there will be 8 scholarship wrs heading into the spring. Could be 9 if we we get Coleman as expected. So 9 wrs plus a portal guy gives you 10. The numbers are fine there.
Injuries and/or transfers could easily bring those numbers down . Plus why not bring in more competition whenever you can . That’s just how you run a big time program .

Happy Oh Yeah GIF

Could care less about the drama part but all I focused on was "told Miami to contact Mario speed demon, beast mode playmaker, give you deuces on the way to the end zone Williams"

Thank you sir.

Advertisement
Back