Uniforms- Not using Miami nights this season

Advertisement
Why should we use the Miami Nights uniforms when the team isnt good enough to qualify for **** night game?

Maybe Adidas can develop a Miami Noon uniform combo.

I've been calling these jerseys the "Miami Afternoons" jerseys for the last couple of weeks...

1666017257423.png

Gonna be as collectible as the Miami Smokes...

1666017318046.png

I've been calling these jerseys the "Miami Afternoons" jerseys for the last couple of weeks...

View attachment 211547

Gonna be as collectible as the Miami Smokes...

View attachment 211548

I still have PTSD flashbacks anytime I see that Miami Smoke jersey. It reminds me of the 2013 Va Tech game where @PhenomCane and I sat in a driving rain storm that lasted the entire game and watched al golden's defense backpedal the entire game, letting Va Tech score time and time again without any resistance. It was maddening!!!

I never wanna see those ******* smoke jerseys again.

We WERE Russell's Fladship program...and would still be with them, if not for Nikes Corporate Deal...People seem to forget how Bad *** Russell's Jerseys were...GOAT...Not bad for a small Company outta Alabama, that just couldn't compete with Nike. @Rellyrell ....how quick people forget...

Ppl forget, Russell Athletics was a premiere company once upon a time. I still remember their commercials as a kid & legit made me wanna play football. Time went on & they couldn’t keep up w/ shoe companies stepping into the uniforms/jersey lanes. What Nike did w/ us was something that was unprecedented, a shoe company stepping into the apparel lane. At first, it was just cleats; Russell provided the jerseys, while Nike supplied the shoes and fan gear like t-shirts, hats, sweaters. Then I believe it was 1995 that Nike took over the whole show. Miami & Michigan were the two teams that a swoosh appeared on a jersey.

That changed the game forever.

Advertisement
Over on StateoftheU they have a best and worst uniforms in Canes history.

You agree?.

Terrible article. Absolute garbage.

Puts a pretty decent jersey on the "worst" list because we lost one game in it (and, hey, we've lost PLENTY of games over the past 20 years).

Calls the late 90s jersey one of the cheapest, never even bothers to include the first adidas "feathers" jersey.

Whatever.

Advertisement

Puts a pretty decent jersey on the "worst" list because we lost one game in it (and, hey, we've lost PLENTY of games over the past 20 years).

Calls the late 90s jersey one of the cheapest, never even bothers to include the first adidas "feathers" jersey.

Whatever.

The feather jerseys were absolutely embarrassing… how anyone from the brass to the coaching staff didn’t stop and say NO that’s not gonna happen still blows me away and probably the main reason the sour taste in my mouth about adidas has never left.

Whatever.
Calling the Late 90s Jerseys Cheap??...Jesus H Christ....those late 90s Jerseys were Fire...God knows I had enough of them...My 1994 CJ Richardson, Russell Jersey is my favorite I've ever owned....

Calling the Late 90s Jerseys Cheap??...Jesus H Christ....those late 90s Jerseys were Fire...God knows I had enough of them...My 1994 CJ Richardson, Russell Jersey is my favorite I've ever owned....
the kid who wrote that article wasn't even born in the 90s
another 1 of those twitter clout chasers who ******* about attendance but never goes to games...

nah I think CBS moves the UGA Tenn game for 8 pm. they do it randomly for some SEC games.
You're probably right. Best chance is likely FSU and that's a slim one. CBS gonna nab Tenn UGA for their 3:30 slot. Clemson ND is NBC 7:30. Bama LSU probably gets ESPN or ABC if LSU keeps winning. UF @ A&M. Not a whole lot left on the slate that day. Texas K State? Thats probably a noon or 3:30 one. We'll see, but still think you're right.

Tenn-UGA will 100% be 3:30 on CBS unless there's a major collapse. CBS only has one primetime doubleheader window in their contract and they already used it. They have a noon/3:30 SEC doubleheader on November 12.
ABC cannot show SEC home games until the new contract takes effect but ESPN can.
The Miami-FSU game has a chance of getting the ABC prime-time slot only because of the lack of other options looking at the other matchups that day. I think more likely it'll be an afternoon ABC/ESPN game though because they won't pass it on to ACC Network.

Advertisement
Tenn-UGA will 100% be 3:30 on CBS unless there's a major collapse. CBS only has one primetime doubleheader window in their contract and they already used it. They have a noon/3:30 SEC doubleheader on November 12.
ABC cannot show SEC home games until the new contract takes effect but ESPN can.
The Miami-FSU game has a chance of getting the ABC prime-time slot only because of the lack of other options looking at the other matchups that day. I think more likely it'll be an afternoon ABC/ESPN game though because they won't pass it on to ACC Network.
Interesting. Thanks for breaking that down I wasn't sure about the contract deal for CBS but that explains it. As for Miami FSU time slot...
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Man, listen…all I can say is when Mario got hired, my bruh at Nike said we ain’t never lost interest.

Rad has had a great relationship w/ Nike while at Clemson. Zo put on blast Miami is a Nike school, unsolicited, on a conference call & proceeded to follow that up w/ commenting on a fan designed Nike Miami jersey, but then back tracked by apologizing to Adidas (lol). Then I’ve heard from more than one credible person that an on field coach told a recruit that we’re making a switch.

I know for sure after the details came out about how James not completely understanding the language, it rubbed some important brass the wrong way, couple that w/ 5 months after our deal, UL signed a way more massive contract.

Like I said, a lot of tea leaves.
Rell, i know we’ve mentioned in other threads but is it a coincidence Nike is bringing out a Miami Hurricanes Dunk along with a few other schools that seem to also be signed to other brands? (I think ucla and asu also getting one)

What uniforms we wear is last on the list of worries. OP with another stellar thread.

Advertisement
Rell, i know we’ve mentioned in other threads but is it a coincidence Nike is bringing out a Miami Hurricanes Dunk along with a few other schools that seem to also be signed to other brands? (I think ucla and asu also getting one)

Nah, I don’t. There’s a specific reason Nike is doing this.

We WERE Russell's Fladship program...and would still be with them, if not for Nikes Corporate Deal...People seem to forget how Bad *** Russell's Jerseys were...GOAT...Not bad for a small Company outta Alabama, that just couldn't compete with Nike. @Rellyrell ....how quick people forget...
Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

Advertisement
Back