Uniforms- Not using Miami nights this season

I don't want to wear alternate jerseys until we prove we can keep wearing alternate jerseys.

But seriously, who the **** cares? WHY care? I want our team to look good by making plays and winning games, not win a freaking beauty contest.

Advertisement
Sorry but who gives a f^ck what the fans think. They’re not playing and they’re not wearing them.

Kids like it, recruits like flashy and new. keep churning them out.

is It crazy to think that ESPN prolly gave us a bit of hint about timing w the three remaining home games (FSU, Pitt, Duke). Duke is on local RSN at 1230. Pitt is thanksgiving weekend and FSU is 11/6 and I dont think we have a night game w them since the 16 season. we played them at 330 I believe every year since. if we don't have a night game on the schedule w three home games left, why even bust them out? even fr our road games, I dont see a night game left outside of maybe Clemson
I hope we wear the Miami Nights uniforms against Clemson so the casual observer who's flicking channels won't realise it's Miami that Clemson are handing a beat down to.

Advertisement
They aren’t wearing those unis on the road. It will be vs fsu or pitt wether they are night games or not

Doesn't seem to stop the best in the country from going to Alabama.

Miami is a traditional program with traditional uniforms that harken back to better days.

Put this team in orange tops / white pants at home and white tops / orange pants on the road—just like they have for decades.

Couldn't agree with Saban more; there is an expectation when the Canes run out the tunnel that this is the BRAND.

Alternate uniforms are perfect for a second-rate program like Central Florida (who did nothing more than rip off the Miami HEAT's "Miami Vice" style look.)

Any kids that DON'T come to Miami because they think the uniforms aren't "cool enough"—hard to believe those are the kids of you'd want at this program.

One more time, kids line up to go to Tuscaloosa to play in those old traditional uniforms—and they couldn't care less about alternate looks.

Win football games. Fans seem to care more about uniform looks than the players do. The novelty wore off years ago.

Sports Illustrated
Sports Illustrated

Nick Saban Explains Why Alabama Won’t Wear Alternate Uniforms​

Dan Lyons - Sep 3

Saban: “To me, there’s an expectation that when we run out of the tunnel, this is the brand.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...e2-80-99t-wear-alternate-uniforms/ar-AA11qOsQ

Normally we’re on the same page, my friend, but we are anything but traditional.

Folk, we’ve been:

All orange
White, green, and yellow (white lids)
Green, yellow, and white (yellow lids)
Green and Gold (gold lids)
Green, White, Orange (green lids)
Traditional 80’s
The 90’s joint
The early 2000 joints

We’re not Bama in any sense

Bama hasn’t changed looks since 1941, & that’s only due to adding numbers

I hope we wear the Miami Nights uniforms against Clemson so the casual observer who's flicking channels won't realise it's Miami that Clemson are handing a beat down to.
Those are home unis. I think it will be pitt

Advertisement
Sorry but who gives a f^ck what the fans think. They’re not playing and they’re not wearing them.

Kids like it, recruits like flashy and new. keep churning them out.

Let me ask you, how many titles have we won since we started using "alternative" jerseys? How many players have contributed to our winning culture because of these gimmicks? Is it working? Has it ever? I'd say it has not, and we should drop it ASAP.

Let me ask you, how many titles have we won since we started using "alternative" jerseys? How many players have contributed to our winning culture because of these gimmicks? Is it working? Has it ever? I'd say it has not, and we should drop it ASAP.
That's such an apples to oranges comparison.

You’re missing the point. If kids like it, who cares?

You think Mario cares more about el Viejo in Hialeah or the kids who get Hyped over some of these designs? You don’t think UF players like the Jordan alts, Tennessee’s smoky greys, Oregon’s unis, etc.?

I don’t care how we look if we just win, but winning doesn’t equate to alternative unis being worn. There’s no correlation lol.

You’re missing the point. If kids like it, who cares?

You think Mario cares more about el Viejo in Hialeah or the kids who get Hyped over some of these designs?

I don’t care how we look if we just win, but winning doesn’t equate to alternative unis being worn. There’s no correlation lol.
You're missing the point. If we are winning recruits because of style, not winning football, then we aren't getting the right kinds of players. We need winners, and players that hate losing, not players that just want to look good.

I'll never forget the one game where we came out against VT with those jerseys with two different sleeves. The talk about how it was fire this, and dope that, even after we looked like complete horsecrap while wearing them. People were wondering when we'd wear them again, instead of wondering why the **** we played so poorly. That's a problem. That is a distraction. It seems like that is all our program is now. One gimmick after another to try to sway weak minded recruits to come here. Ooooh, a chain. Kids love it! Oooh, a fancy jersey, that'll get their attention.

I guarantee you fans aren't staying home because we aren't wearing alternate jerseys. They are staying home because we stink as a program. It's the same reason the best football players go elsewhere to win, while we get recruits that want to play dress-up.

Advertisement
Doesn't seem to stop the best in the country from going to Alabama.

Miami is a traditional program with traditional uniforms that harken back to better days.

Put this team in orange tops / white pants at home and white tops / orange pants on the road—just like they have for decades.

Couldn't agree with Saban more; there is an expectation when the Canes run out the tunnel that this is the BRAND.

Alternate uniforms are perfect for a second-rate program like Central Florida (who did nothing more than rip off the Miami HEAT's "Miami Vice" style look.)

Any kids that DON'T come to Miami because they think the uniforms aren't "cool enough"—hard to believe those are the kids of you'd want at this program.

One more time, kids line up to go to Tuscaloosa to play in those old traditional uniforms—and they couldn't care less about alternate looks.

Win football games. Fans seem to care more about uniform looks than the players do. The novelty wore off years ago.

Sports Illustrated
Sports Illustrated

Nick Saban Explains Why Alabama Won’t Wear Alternate Uniforms​

Dan Lyons - Sep 3

Saban: “To me, there’s an expectation that when we run out of the tunnel, this is the brand.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...e2-80-99t-wear-alternate-uniforms/ar-AA11qOsQ
Branding, a concept that most do not understand and I have been screaming about for decades with this program.

You're missing the point. If we are winning recruits because of style, not winning football, then we aren't getting the right kinds of players. We need winners, and players that hate losing, not players that just want to look good.

I'll never forget the one game where we came out against VT with those jerseys with two different sleeves. The talk about how it was fire this, and dope that, even after we looked like complete horsecrap while wearing them. People were wondering when we'd wear them again, instead of wondering why the **** we played so poorly. That's a problem. That is a distraction. It seems like that is all our program is now. One gimmick after another to try to sway weak minded recruits to come here. Ooooh, a chain. Kids love it! Oooh, a fancy jersey, that'll get their attention.

I guarantee you fans aren't staying home because we aren't wearing alternate jerseys. They are staying home because we stink as a program. It's the same reason the best football players go elsewhere to win, while we get recruits that want to play dress-up.
We’ve undoubtedly had some disgusting uniform combinations the past few years. Some of that’s on Nike, some of its on Adidas.

Notre Dame is iconic, but they ran out alt shamrock uniforms. Texas ran out alt black unis a while back. Point is, nearly every single team does it. You’re right that the players shouldn’t care as a recruiting tool, but you’re just lying to yourself if you don’t think these kids take stock into some cool designs the schools wear.

****, we rolled out alternative unis when I played baseball in college and we went nuts over it. It’s just a cool thing changing it up a little as long as it’s not a hideous rendition.

Tradition is great, but we’re also not in the ‘80’s anymore. Modern times, people like flashy. I have no problem with one alt a year.

Miami is not one one of these blue blood programs that’s had the uniforms since the beginning of time. the Canes in the 60’s didn’t wear the same uniform as the Canes in the 80’s. the Canes in the 80’s didn’t wear the same uniform as the Canes in the 2000’s. tradition.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back