Uniforms- Not using Miami nights this season

From what I understand, a lot of behind the scenes work & one of the coaches leaked plans to a recruit.
Rell my brotha, DONT DO THIS TO ME. Been in purgatory since we let Nike go. Haven’t bought merch. Watch all the other schools rock all the good stuff from kicks to actual gear. Don’t this to me man.

Advertisement
Rell my brotha, DONT DO THIS TO ME. Been in purgatory since we let Nike go. Haven’t bought merch. Watch all the other schools rock all the good stuff from kicks to actual gear. Don’t this to me man.

Man, listen…all I can say is when Mario got hired, my bruh at Nike said we ain’t never lost interest.

Rad has had a great relationship w/ Nike while at Clemson. Zo put on blast Miami is a Nike school, unsolicited, on a conference call & proceeded to follow that up w/ commenting on a fan designed Nike Miami jersey, but then back tracked by apologizing to Adidas (lol). Then I’ve heard from more than one credible person that an on field coach told a recruit that we’re making a switch.

I know for sure after the details came out about how James not completely understanding the language, it rubbed some important brass the wrong way, couple that w/ 5 months after our deal, UL signed a way more massive contract.

Like I said, a lot of tea leaves.

Man, listen…all I can say is when Mario got hired, my bruh at Nike said we ain’t never lost interest.

Rad has had a great relationship w/ Nike while at Clemson. Zo put on blast Miami is a Nike school, unsolicited, on a conference call & proceeded to follow that up w/ commenting on a fan designed Nike Miami jersey, but then back tracked by apologizing to Adidas (lol). Then I’ve heard from more than one credible person that an on field coach told a recruit that we’re making a switch.

I know for sure after the details came out about how James not completely understanding the language, it rubbed some important brass the wrong way, couple that w/ 5 months after our deal, UL signed a way more massive contract.

Yeah there have been subtle hints, but I never like to get too excited knowing I’m all the way bias to one side. Fam I’m even taking my shot and sending an extra wedding invite to Nike HQ. Seeing if they come through with a surprise lol.

2 combos all season

miami nights vs fsu or clemson?

I'm ok with not wearing them but disappointing in Mario for turning down adidas for not allowing them to make us new unis or make our's better .... maybe next year? just seems like a no brainer to get better uni's esp coming from Oregon and recruiting wise.

Wake up Mario - how overwhelmed can you be to not want new uni's.... UNC chrome helmets this weekend are straight gassss
unreal. We win so you gotta complain about Uniforms? I would really hate to be that miserable

@Rellyrell you think we’ll make the switch before the Adidas contract is up?

Advertisement
@Rellyrell you think we’ll make the switch before the Adidas contract is up?

That’s definitely not unheard of; it depends on how motivated Adidas is to get out, as well. I know we haven’t been good for their bottom line, regarding merchandise sells or on-field product. It’s all about how much the buyout for an early termination is. UCF comes to mind as one who mutually agreed to get out of their Adidas contract early to sign w/ Nike, & JSU got off their Nike contract to sign w/ UA for Deion. It happens, but in both scenarios, that $$ wasn’t nearly on the level that Adidas paid Miami.

I don't care what any geezer traditionalists say, these were my favorite Canes alternate Unis
1665991692110.png

I also liked these throwbacks

1665991718927.png

Advertisement
2 combos all season

miami nights vs fsu or clemson?

I'm ok with not wearing them but disappointing in Mario for turning down adidas for not allowing them to make us new unis or make our's better .... maybe next year? just seems like a no brainer to get better uni's esp coming from Oregon and recruiting wise.

Wake up Mario - how overwhelmed can you be to not want new uni's.... UNC chrome helmets this weekend are straight gassss

OK, let me see if I understand.

For this entire season, we will only wear the orange jersey or the white jersey. And Mario turned down an adidas offer to redesign the uniform for his first year. And we will not be wearing the Miami Nights jersey, regardless of its creation. And Mario has been our coach since the beginning of December 2021.

Seems strange, but if it ends up with us going back to Nike, I'm fine with it.

Now I'm glad I didn't pay for my Miami Nights jersey. I ordered it, then it got lost in the mail, so adidas refunded me. Three weeks later, I got the package.

Actually we're going to be Russell Athletic's flagship programme.

Cristobal is taking it all the way back.
We WERE Russell's Fladship program...and would still be with them, if not for Nikes Corporate Deal...People seem to forget how Bad *** Russell's Jerseys were...GOAT...Not bad for a small Company outta Alabama, that just couldn't compete with Nike. @Rellyrell ....how quick people forget...

we likely have zero home night games lol
You're probably right. Best chance is likely FSU and that's a slim one. CBS gonna nab Tenn UGA for their 3:30 slot. Clemson ND is NBC 7:30. Bama LSU probably gets ESPN or ABC if LSU keeps winning. UF @ A&M. Not a whole lot left on the slate that day. Texas K State? Thats probably a noon or 3:30 one. We'll see, but still think you're right.

You're probably right. Best chance is likely FSU and that's a slim one. CBS gonna nab Tenn UGA for their 3:30 slot. Clemson ND is NBC 7:30. Bama LSU probably gets ESPN or ABC if LSU keeps winning. UF @ A&M. Not a whole lot left on the slate that day. Texas K State? Thats probably a noon or 3:30 one. We'll see, but still think you're right.
nah I think CBS moves the UGA Tenn game for 8 pm. they do it randomly for some SEC games.

Advertisement
nah I think CBS moves the UGA Tenn game for 8 pm. they do it randomly for some SEC games.
Yea, good point. Forgot they flex games to 8 every now and then. CBS could get the doubleheader that day with Bama LSU and UGA Tenn. Not sure if they do that and just have to pick one but that network would love that.

Advertisement
As I said in November 21 “ if when Mario / Alonzo arrive Nike will be back on the table. Ill use the same Alonzo quote now I used then “Miami is and always has been a Nike school“.

Hey...I remember hearing that exact same quote...it's almost like we were both on the same Zoom call...

Advertisement
Back