Unfortunate news regarding Malek Young

View as article
****. This is heartbreaking news to hear. Malek seemed like a great kid and he had so much going for him. My heart goes out to him and his family during these difficult times. I wish him a speedy recovery and nothing but the best in whatever he decides to pursue. Some things are bigger than football, nothing but respect for this kid

Advertisement
The sophomore cornerback suffered a neck/vertebrae injury during the Orange Bowl and it appears as though his football career is over. Devastating for him.

**** son...best of luck to him.. Same thing happened to the linebacker Gayot we had.

Last edited:
Jeebus, that's really bad news. Football is great and all, but life beyond is more important. I hope he heals as best that he can and there's no lasting day to day issues.

Advertisement
The sophomore cornerback suffered a neck/vertebrae injury during the Orange Bowl and it appears as though his football career is over. Devastating for him.

Pete,
Do you have any further info on this? Like what his prognosis might be for a normal non-athletic life? Is he facing a severe health threat or is this merely the end of his playing career?

Any additional research/info on your end is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

Pete,
Do you have any further info on this? Like what his prognosis might be for a normal non-athletic life? Is he facing a severe health threat or is this merely the end of his playing career?

Any additional research/info on your end is greatly appreciated.

Somebody told me he was in class the other day and looked normal, so I guess that’s a good sign. I don’t really have much else.

It may seem like little consolation now but in instances like this we should be glad that the program is attached to some of the better team doctors in the country. Hopefully this is something that at worst just ends the kid's contact sports career.

If you saw some of the things first hand you’d think otherwise

Really? Wow. I was going by a good friend that is a neurosurgeon that spoke very highly of Kaplan. My boy (ironically) had to quit football at Dook over his own spinal issues. I'll obviously defer to your opinion here though since you've seen the entirety of the team's care in person.

Advertisement
This is why it’s important to look into the academics of your university. Never know what’s gonna happen.

Praying for you Malek!

And why playing for a Coach and Human like MRicht is so worth it! He is not going to abandon you when you need him most.

God Bless MY

Advertisement
Life is just beginning for him. Fortunately only football, as a player, is over. Hopefully he takes advantage of every opportunity he given at The U as he moves on in life.

This is the juju we receive for those who made fun of Randy Russell's injury (if there were any).

Getting Campbell and Surtain just become x10 times more important we are without a doubt going to end up with Bethel. sigh.

You sir, are a moron. Both tragic events. Nobody talked **** about Russell. And this doesn't have to be about recruiting. Prayers up for Malek and his family!

Advertisement
Back