**Uncommitted QB Thread**

I really do not understand why Lashlee is so obsessed with Garcia to the point he wont offer or go after any other QB within reason? I mean **** we haven't offered a QB in months, is this QB class like terrible or something? Can he really not find a QB outside of Garcia and Milroe?

Because most QBs commit early and if you miss on your top few choices, it's really hard to talk a guy into de-committing from another school....compounded even more this year with the lack of visits.

He probably felt Garcia was the best option to try to flip given his prior interest in Miami and the fact USC was taking 2 QBs this cycle.

Advertisement
I like Santino Marucci as a potential late offer to keep an eye on at QB. If we aren’t able to land Garcia, I think the staff goes BPA regardless of position for the last spot. If no one significant is left on the board at other positions, I could see us trying to make a late flip from Wake Forest. He’s a legacy and will receive good coaching this year at Bartram.

Last edited:
Tre Lawrence is more of a sleeper/projection type. Currently doesn’t have a profile on 247. He was set to become the starting QB at Mandarin a couple years ago before Carson Beck transferred in. Switched to WR while Beck was there. He did come off the bench during his Sophomore year when Beck got hurt and almost led a pretty impressive comeback against a good Tallahassee Godby team, fell just short. I don’t know if he’s UM caliber, but I could see Lawrence having a big season and blowing up a little this year.

I really do not understand why Lashlee is so obsessed with Garcia to the point he wont offer or go after any other QB within reason? I mean **** we haven't offered a QB in months, is this QB class like terrible or something? Can he really not find a QB outside of Garcia and Milroe?

Why don't you keep posting this whiny falsehood in every thread you possibly can?

Advertisement
Since we started to see what Lashlee Can do with an offense here, I wanted to bump this since it has player information in it. At this point, if we’re going to try adding a QB to this class, I think we’re in flip mode - and I hope it’s a kid with running skills. Not excited by Garcia or any other pro style bro. If not, maybe we just focus on CB help?

Since we started to see what Lashlee Can do with an offense here, I wanted to bump this since it has player information in it. At this point, if we’re going to try adding a QB to this class, I think we’re in flip mode - and I hope it’s a kid with running skills. Not excited by Garcia or any other pro style bro. If not, maybe we just focus on CB help?

Hopefully they keep tabs on davis , king is going to have a big year so this could help.

Advertisement
What are you hearing about QB recruiting?
6FC123ED-A502-44AE-9DA4-231DFF44A886.jpeg

Gaytor flipz machine firing up as we speak

Advertisement
Maybe we find a QB in the portal and as you said focus on adding corners.
Yea I'm certain there will be a DT QB in the transfer market.
TBH I think if King has another year he will stay cause he won't be a high draft pick. He may not even get drafted as a QB. He's elite here though and matched up with the perfect fit for his type of game.

Yea I'm certain there will be a DT QB in the transfer market.
TBH I think if King has another year he will stay cause he won't be a high draft pick. He may not even get drafted as a QB. He's elite here though and matched up with the perfect fit for his type of game.

I said this during the game. Imagine if you could pitch D'Eriq on a Heisman campaign and a full-year run at the National Championship. He might stay. Borregales might stay too. Only unknown would be Jarrid Williams.

Those guys coming back, plus all of our other guys...could be a nice roster...

Walter Simmons is another under the radar QB in Jacksonville currently committed to ECU. He plays ball at Oakleaf which has been a bit of a pipeline for us since Darrion Owens.

What’s up with this guy? Has anyone seen him live?

Advertisement
What’s up with this guy? Has anyone seen him live?
Watched him vs Mandarin this year.

I was pretty impressed with him. He was more athletic than I thought he was going to be and accelerated quickly when he ran with the ball. Was pretty accurate on short to intermediate but he didn’t seem to have a very strong arm. He kind of pushes his throws a bit, looks like a shotput. It’s cool sometimes though because he had some odd angle releases, kind of Mahomesish, he threw a few like a shortstop that worked out for him.

I don’t think he’s Miami caliber, but could be a project worth looking at if we strike out on targets at other positions.

According to 247 there are only 2 QBs left in their Top 60 Rankings. Jaxson Dart and Kai Horton. Both of there are low 3 Star QBs.

2021 QB Kai Horton 6'4 220LBs Texas 4A State Champion QB 16-0. 49TDs 6INTs 3,800 passing yards! Perfect scheme fit

This kid is still uncommitted....I don't understand it at all....if we can take Peyton Matocha, we can surely take this kid....can someone on the board fwd this to a contact on our coaching staff....even with King comes back we need to take a QB this cycle

This kid is still uncommitted....I don't understand it at all....if we can take Peyton Matocha, we can surely take this kid....can someone on the board fwd this to a contact on our coaching staff....even with King comes back we need to take a QB this cycle
Only QB they are actively recruiting is Garcia

Advertisement
Back