**Uncommitted QB Thread**

Advertisement
Just bring in a QB from Texas or West Coast. We have TVD that everyone was kissing *** a few months back and now it’s a dire necessity we need another QB.

How about above average LB’s and DB’s?! A bit behind the comp defensively...

Yes, I thread hijacked.
Haven’t you learned anything from the last decade? You need to bring in AT LEAST on qb every season.

He’s a pro style bro qb. I really prefer dual threat guys going forward.

Spot on

Even the NFL is evolving to dual threat the athleticism of D front seven has already changed.

Stayin pocket and just stepping up just doesn’t cut it safety wise and longevity of the passers.

I feel Marino types have run it’s course and now you must throw on full run dodging and gunning.
Dolphins and Canes finally see the light got them one. 🙌

Advertisement
6’5 QB from a family filled with D1 football and baseball players. Athletic kid with good arm strength that’s gonna get bigger as he gets into a weight room. It’ll improve fast because he’s a basketball player as well. Hudl is connected to the profile.

Advertisement
Overly productive QB that can move. Decent arm that gonna get better with improved technique and strength. Just picked up an EKU offer 2 weeks ago. No one really knows about him. Hudl is connected to the profile.

Just give me a QB that has a functioning brain, good football IQ, good arm, and has a little more mobility than Stephen Hawking or Brad Kaaya.

Advertisement
Aidan Thompson, Texas

6'4, 4.13 verified shuttle, team was 11-2. 2,038 yards, 19 TDs and 7 picks. Abilene Cooper. @TheSwagger1 anything on this kid?

No FBS offers but teams like Iowa are starting to communicate with him. Intriguing arm strength.

Nope, I will see Cooper play early in the season this year though.

Just bring in a QB from Texas or West Coast. We have TVD that everyone was kissing *** a few months back and now it’s a dire necessity we need another QB.

How about above average LB’s and DB’s?! A bit behind the comp defensively...

Yes, I thread hijacked.

It's such a make or break position. We have to start signing 2 a year, IMO, and run them off when they don't hack it. You can't win big football games without a great quarterback any more. Most of these B12 schools sign ****loads of QBs and just process em out if doesn't work out, and eventually end up with legit dudes. I don't agree with everything the B12 schools do, but they get it right with college QBs. Our offenses look so much better with even a Stephen Morris or Brad Kaaya, and we were freaking successful with Malik stinkin' Rosier. Imagine if we start getting good ones again! And that's one position where you can land the right 3 star and hit the jackpot, you don't have to sign the huge time recruiting list studs like you do at RB.

https://247sports.com/Player/Grayson-James-46093940/

6'2 210lbs 3-star QB out of Dallas TX, goes to John Paul Catholic

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Baseball.

Had a great Junior season with 3,878yds 44TD's 7INT's at 63.5% passing & 250yds rushing.

Has good natural arm talent, throws with good velocity on the ball & has a big arm. He has a quick release but has a bit of a Basbeall wind up, it's not overly elongated though so with some coaching can be cleaned up. The throw @3:55 on his tape was nice, while evading pressure in the pocket & dropped a dime while going across his body. Excels in the intermediate route throws isn't a typical Deep ball gunslinger, much more of a between the hashes middle of the field worker with good accuracy. Has good mobility but is not a runner at all, stays in the pocket & will only run when necessary, will scramble only to pickup a few yards, not trying to make anybody miss. Pro Style QB all day. Smart kid who comes off his first read & can diagnose Defenses Has sturdy compact physical build, built like Dak Prescott.

Is coached by former Dallas Cowboys Safety George Teague. Lead his team to a 10-3 season in the TAPPS division. Probably not a take for us, but reminds me of J'Mar Smith from La Tech.

Has no P5 offers, his best offers are UAB, Liberty & ULM.

Advertisement
Aidan Thompson, Texas

6'4, 4.13 verified shuttle, team was 11-2. 2,038 yards, 19 TDs and 7 picks. Abilene Cooper. @TheSwagger1 anything on this kid?

No FBS offers but teams like Iowa are starting to communicate with him. Intriguing arm strength.

Both Abilene TX the region & Abilene Christian the school has produced some good offensive minds & the all time leader in college passing yards, Case Keenum. He didn't go to Cooper but he's from Abilene TX.

- Sonnie Cumbie the OC for TCU is from Abilene as well
- Chris Thomsen who was at TCU before becoming Norvell's OL coach is from the Abilene Christian coaching tree.
- Clark Harrell (Graham's younger brother) played QB at Abilene Christian under Thomsen (when he was HC there) & now is coaching QB's/OC down in New Diana HS.
- John David Baker who's a QC/Assistant QB coach at USC with Graham Harrell, he's from San Angelo but was another young Texas HS coach that played QB & was a GA at Abilene Christian before he got hired by Seth Litrell at North Texas.

As far as this kid, he's got a pure Cannon, I really like his arm strength. Not crazy about his throwing mechanics, he's got kind of loopy style but he can definitely sling it.

He reminds me of a kid that goes to a place like Tulsa, Rice or North Texas & lights it up after some development.

Both Abilene TX the region & Abilene Christian the school has produced some good offensive minds & the all time leader in college passing yards, Case Keenum. He didn't go to Cooper but he's from Abilene TX.

- Sonnie Cumbie the OC for TCU is from Abilene as well
- Chris Thomsen who was at TCU before becoming Norvell's OL coach is from the Abilene Christian coaching tree.
- Clark Harrell (Graham's younger brother) played QB at Abilene Christian under Thomsen (when he was HC there) & now is coaching QB's/OC down in New Diana HS.
- John David Baker who's a QC/Assistant QB coach at USC with Graham Harrell, he's from San Angelo but was another young Texas HS coach that played QB & was a GA at Abilene Christian before he got hired by Seth Litrell at North Texas.

As far as this kid, he's got a pure Cannon, I really like his arm strength. Not crazy about his throwing mechanics, he's got kind of loopy style but he can definitely sling it.

He reminds me of a kid that goes to a place like Tulsa, Rice or North Texas & lights it up after some development.
It’s gonna get stronger once he’s mechanically sound.

He’s a pro style bro qb. I really prefer dual threat guys going forward.
Disagree - you don't need to be Michael Vick. Just have enough mobility so that you're a threat to take it 5+ yards on the read option.

The game hasn't changed that much - you still need your QB to be able to process information quickly and throw the ball accurately. Give me a kid that can do the above over one who can carry the ball 15 times a game.

Disagree - you don't need to be Michael Vick. Just have enough mobility so that you're a threat to take it 5+ yards on the read option.

The game hasn't changed that much - you still need your QB to be able to process information quickly and throw the ball accurately. Give me a kid that can do the above over one who can carry the ball 15 times a game.
I’m greedy, I want both. Even so, I feel like we need a legit running threat. Horton makes nice throws and navigates the pocket well but he’s not much of a threat as a runner. Lashlee said he can win with either type of QB though.

Advertisement
Back