**Uncommitted QB Thread**

Another underrated QB. Ole Miss offered May 5th and he’s at a small school that has some talent. Big 6’6 that needs mechanical refinement but can move and actually has a decent arm that’ll explode with a gym and coaching.

Advertisement
SIAP...What about Daniel Greek? Doesn't Miss St. have another kid committed too? Maybe get it on him as being only QB...I'm sure Lashlee is familiar being he's from Tex, maybe he just doesn't like him

Another underrated QB. Ole Miss offered May 5th and he’s at a small school that has some talent. Big 6’6 that needs mechanical refinement but can move and actually has a decent arm that’ll explode with a gym and coaching.

He’s a take off the neck alone

He plays basketball, too. My only question would be velocity but that can be overrated at college level.

I really do like Horton. He is not as mobile as some of the other QB’s but he has a pocket presence and moves where he needs to to get his throws off. He may not have a cannon but has great ball placement and he throws a catchable ball. As we have seen with Perry, velocity only matters when the throws are accurate.

Another big kid that can move but needs mechanical refinement. Brayden Zermeno is 6’4 and has a decent arm but an awkward release. A pro set guy but can play in the spread. Maryland offer. Hudl is accessible through the profile.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a kid I could see tearing it up in the MAC. Eric Gibson, Maury (VA). Has an offer from Toledo. Only 6' but led his team to undefeated season in Class 5A. 75% passer, 3,500 yards, 40 TDs and 4 INTs . 4.0 GPA. Throws a tight ball with velocity.

Maury? The one in Norfolk?

This kid has big-time tools. Not surprised he is already getting SEC offers. Would love to see game tape to see how accurate he is, but the arm is legit.

I'm not sure if this a hot take...but we're getting to the point where I'd wait to evaluate during an actual season...if we have as successful a season with D'Eriq King next year, perhaps we should dive in on the transfer QB market again.
I can see it going like Oklahoma. 2 consecutive transfer QB’s and then a top tier Freshman.

This is a kid I could see tearing it up in the MAC. Eric Gibson, Maury (VA). Has an offer from Toledo. Only 6' but led his team to undefeated season in Class 5A. 75% passer, 3,500 yards, 40 TDs and 4 INTs. 4.0 GPA. Throws a tight ball with velocity.

Looks like he’s making the same throw over the top in every highlight.

Advertisement
I'm not sure if this a hot take...but we're getting to the point where I'd wait to evaluate during an actual season...if we have as successful a season with D'Eriq King next year, perhaps we should dive in on the transfer QB market again.
This is probably what we are going to have to do. Also going to have to wait until lashlee can do a in person Evaluation on some of these kids or King has a dominate season and we flip either Davis or Milroe

Advertisement
This is a great thread. To put into perspective how many great players are out there, North Dakota St now has a QB that is going to be 3 years and out from HS and go in the top 15 or so picks.

The kids being mentioned here all have talent. If you evaluate the intangibles well, you have something. The best QB we have had here in 20 years spent his senior year throwing wobbly knuckle balls sometimes.

Haskell is 5'9 immediately after a shower.
Haskell’s literally a cross between Steve Grogan and the karate movie actor, Jim Kelly, from Enter the Dragon.

8A296B3B-3386-4E8E-A204-628476524969.jpeg
86B5F93E-4553-407D-9DA3-1A57948187CF.jpeg

Advertisement
Back