Uncle Luke back on board?

I’m one of the biggest Luke critics there are on this site. I’ve been super hard on him, especially at the comments he’s made to try to hurt our program in the past.

But having said all that, it’s better for him to tweet out what he’s tweeting out today, than it is for him slamming us. Whatever his rationale is, I’m just gonna sit back and accept it.

And as @Liberty City El said, apparently him and Lockette are tight, and that’s a definite plus or at least it could be, in the recruiting department.

I realize he could always turn on a dime, so while we don’t have to do anything to give clout, and you always have to keep an eye on him, I’ll take all the help we can get.

Guys, we’re trying to get back to the top, and anything that can help us get there - I’m not gonna stand in the way.

If I have to make a Faustian deal, then so be it, I’ll strike that bargain.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am more than happy to have this clown suddenly sucking off our coaches and the program, whispering pro-UM, sweet nothings into the ears of the handful of kids he may have some sway with, and have him and his alleged committee openly trying to blackball F$U in South Florida.

I'm just not going to pretend he's a friend of the program and doing any of it out of love for the U and altruism. I'll always accept a competitive advantage when it doesn't cost us anything, but eyes wide open.

Advertisement
When you look in the Webster’s under “ fair weather fan “ there’s a picture of Uncle Puke prominently displayed....this guys been ****ting on the program for the last 10 years or so and now that we are rising up again he wants to jump on board ?

FcK Him !!! If he wants to jump on board of something tell him to call Nevin and see if he can catch a ride on his boat cause as soon as things go just a little sour or he gets his feelings hurt he will be out there bad mouthing the program again..

Luke & Telly Lockette are super close & have a great relationship.

We're recruiting several 2022 prospects from Edison & trust me, we'll get them all if we want them.

I hope TL's relationship with UL helps UM manage that relationship a little smarter.

The blessing of UL is that when he's in, he's all in, and a lot of kids will at least listen.

The curse is that he also has strong opinions on which of "his kids" are P5, let alone UM caliber, and for some reason, hold us way more accountable when we don't agree.

Advertisement
Nah.

Have to ask yourself two things: what has changed about UM to give us his “approval”; what’s in it for Luke?

What’s changed is the dogs are loose and the old king of the greatest football state in America is about to take his throne. What’s changed is that we are about to become the takers, not the taken from. What’s changed is that in every corner of the state, from Tallahassee to Dade, one name is once again rising above all the rest. And it spooks them.

Miami isn’t suddenly doing something different that addresses Luke’s legitimate grievances. We’re the same name we’ve always been, we just have our clout back.

What’s in it for Luke? See above.

Same people who want Luke back probably like Lebatard, the rest of us know they’re both just flashy Ls.

What's changed is Miami is doing what Miami was suppose to be doing for the last decade and a half.. we're all fans here but with some of the stuff that's been going on with this program we shouldn't have expected anyone to endorse Miami..

I'll confess I didn't even read this whole thread so let me jump to summarize. Fvck Luke and pump the brakes on we byke! Yes we are rolling in cruiting right now and have the pieces in place to have a **** of a season. But if this Damm virus scares the powers away and kill a season, I can't see Roach, Rousseau, and King hanging around till next year. I pray I'm wrong but 20 yrs of dirty tampons has taught me to approach with caution. This season confirms why I don't play the lottery

Advertisement
uncle luke is a piece of caca. at the end of the day the ONLY thing that he is interested in is himself, and nothing more. does he help out kids in the inner city? yes. does he do charitably or because he might have an interest in getting some power, prestige or property out of it down the road, absolutely yes.

does he care about UM? yes if and only if it is beneficial to him. the day it is not useful to him to be aligned with the U, he will take sides against us. as he did with FSU when his butt-buddy Taggert was there. the day Luke tried to put UM in a bind using racial leverage, he became dead to me and most others. and considering all the **** he has said and done against UM over the last few decades (yes decades), he can go f@ck himself.

did he try to steer good kids to miami (i.e. freeman and cook), of course he did. were we wrong in not listening. of course, regardless, this doesn't absolve him. he is the worst kind of bytch that i have ever seen. a me first person always, all of the time.

and is he forgiven because now he is toeing the line because Lockett is around? f@ck him now even more because that shows me that Lockett has power over him, has bytched him and has coerced him (overtly or not) to reverse course and support the U. if Luke were a woman of his word, he'd stay the course. but he isn't and yes i have called him out on social media a hundred times and told him with my own name on my handle that he's a bytch.

The U before anything else.

If we're honest - we've all made some mistakes, maybe a few bad decisions - and then had a Come-To-Jesus moment.

Luke ****ed me off at times - but then what I saw that still ****ed me off - he was often trying to find scholarships for those kids he believed in - even if it meant taking them to other schools to show their stuff.

Yeah - he went off the rails a few times - but we haven't had a HC who knew his *** from a knothole since Butch left. It's hard to try and tell a kid to go to a school where his talents would in no way - blossom.

Just the same - rather have Luke ON our side than OFF our side. Whatever the reason.

Like it or not - he still has some influence in the community.

I hated the Diaz hire. Hated it more after year one. Who knew he was the perfect guy to run this program because he has almost done everything right after failing. Gotta give some credit here.
I"m right there with you bro! Last year was a disgrace, but man oh man, CMD seems to be redeeming himself. I still wanna see W's tho

Advertisement
Looks like he’s ready to jump back on the wagon!View attachment 122845

IMG1452674362478249530.gif

Advertisement
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am more than happy to have this clown suddenly sucking off our coaches and the program, whispering pro-UM, sweet nothings into the ears of the handful of kids he may have some sway with, and have him and his alleged committee openly trying to blackball F$U in South Florida.

I'm just not going to pretend he's a friend of the program and doing any of it out of love for the U and altruism. I'll always accept a competitive advantage when it doesn't cost us anything, but eyes wide open.

We forgive, but we never forget

If we're honest - we've all made some mistakes, maybe a few bad decisions - and then had a Come-To-Jesus moment.

Luke ****ed me off at times - but then what I saw that still ****ed me off - he was often trying to find scholarships for those kids he believed in - even if it meant taking them to other schools to show their stuff.

Yeah - he went off the rails a few times - but we haven't had a HC who knew his *** from a knothole since Butch left. It's hard to try and tell a kid to go to a school where his talents would in no way - blossom.

Just the same - rather have Luke ON our side than OFF our side. Whatever the reason.

Like it or not - he still has some influence in the community.

nah. this isn't a kid that made a mistake in judgment or two (i.e. Jeff Thomas, Sam Bruce, Francois, etc.). this is man who acted with selfishness and malice to hurt the program ONLY FOR HIS OWN GOOD. i don't care what influence he has. the only way to deal with someone like him is to ignore and ostracize him, which is what the U apparently has done. f@ck luke, f@ck his wife, f@ck everything about him. from what i understand, he isn't allowed around UM, hopefully it stays that way.

Advertisement
Back