Uncle Luke back on board?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like he’s ready to jump back on the wagon!View attachment 122845

Oh, thanks Luther. Couldn't have done with without your blessing.

This guy's delusions of grandeur are comical. A marginal rapper who wouldn't have had 90% of the career he did without Nick Navarro cracking down on his obscene lyrics and Luke getting arrested for it.

Liked Miami when sub-par Randy Shannon was there. Turns on the Canes whenever he doesn't like a coach. Threatened to burn the program down when Ryan Collins didn't get the nod over Ryan Clement. Backed the Noles when they local kids like Freeman and Cook bailed the hometown team.

***** this guy.

I'm torn here.

I see @IndayArtHauz point, but........

There's just something about Luke being on our side again that just feels right. Come on, admit it. Like it or not Luke is part of our lore and mystic. The added benefit is in a shark infested and muddy water that is S. Fl crootin it pays to have an old shark on your side. We'd be naive to think Luke didn't hold sway. he may not be able to help, but he can hurt.

Put a detente on the frost and pump some Luke booty music through Hard Rock i say.

Luke must need some good press after being ranked #368 (behind In 2 Deep) in the Source rapper top 400.

Advertisement
Oh I'm sure that puffy-faced ****weasel LeBatard will put on his Canes gear and claim he's been driving the bandwagon after Miami wins #6.

Yes, if Miami wins #6, LeBastard is going to put on a big, fake "YESSS" performance in support of UM, like he did with LeBron's Decision.

It’s a breath of fresh air to have one of the pioneers back on the good guys side. I can’t tell you how much torture it was for Me to see him steer kids away from here for so many years and openly bad mouth us. I understand why he did it but still didn’t think he needed to take it to the extremes that he did. Uncle Luke welcome back. You’ve been missed and needed
One of the Pioneers??...LMFAO...At what??...Threatening Butch that if he didn't start a certain QB, he'd snitch to the NCAA??
FOH with that "Welcome Back BS"....

Advertisement
Here’s the thing. Having Luke on our side doesn’t hurt. Yes he is self-interested and willing to flip sides at the drop of a dime, which is a danger because he’s seemingly fickle and thin skinned. But it doesn’t hurt to have him openly recruiting for UM.

One of the Pioneers??...LMFAO...At what??...Threatening Butch that if he didn't start a certain QB, he'd snitch to the NCAA??
FOH with that "Welcome Back BS"....
I view Luke as the guy that put on so hard for Miami that he created life long fans that would likely never have been if it wasn't for him and 2live crew.

Advertisement
Here’s the thing. Having Luke on our side doesn’t hurt. Yes he is self-interested and willing to flip sides at the drop of a dime, which is a danger because he’s seemingly fickle and thin skinned. But it doesn’t hurt to have him openly recruiting for UM.
Did it help or hurt when he was openly badmouthing us?

I also don’t think Luke influences kids from stable homes with at least 1 strong parent, and ideally 2 parents.
But in much of society, and certainly in S Fla, there are plenty of young men who don’t have a father figure at home and many who don’t have any positive role models. I suspect for these young people Luke‘s words have sway and are tie breakers in many situations.
Makes me wonder about Terence Lewis. I know nothing about his family and it maybe incredibly stable, but he clearly needs some direction. And maybe the type of young man who looks up to and listens to Luke.

Advertisement
Back