UNC Recruiting

That's why alot of posters get fooled here thinking we have these superior classes. The way we recruit we flirt with losing to a VT UNC UVA yearly. Plus the coaching is awful on top of bad recruiting
@OriginalGatorHater always goes back to average player ranking being most indicative of class quality. Assuming that the players are ranked properly - which isn’t always the case - this seems to be a good way to look at things.

Advertisement
That's why alot of posters get fooled here thinking we have these superior classes. The way we recruit we flirt with losing to a VT UNC UVA yearly. Plus the coaching is awful on top of bad recruiting

We had the 13th ranked class, 12th by player average losing to FIU, Duke, GT, La Tech

If these guys were such bad recruiters we wouldn't have finished anywhere near Top 15

If anything our player average should be even higher since Chaney somehow got dropped from 40 to like 130

We had the 13th ranked class, 12th by player average losing to FIU, Duke, GT, La Tech

If these guys were such bad recruiters we wouldn't have finished anywhere near Top 15

If anything our player average should be even higher since Chaney somehow got dropped from 40 to like 130
Chaney is probably the second best back in our own class. It could be a Lingard type situation that's why they probably dropped him.
Also who does UNC have to fight with if they pay players? No one is hard after those kids like it's in sfla.....we have to battle bama and monster schools. If we lose one guy to them it fuqs up our whole player board.....then we wind up with guys who shouldn't wear that jersey.
I hear what your saying and it's true but it's a mixture of alot of moving parts. **** yea we should beat Duke and fiu but when u play with fire and lose kids this is what happens. And coaching hasn't helped as well

Advertisement
Advertisement
Chaney is probably the second best back in our own class. It could be a Lingard type situation that's why they probably dropped him.
Lingard and Chaney couldn’t be any further from each other as players. Comparing them for playing in Wing Ts in high school is super lazy.

Lingard and Chaney couldn’t be any further from each other as players. Comparing them for playing in Wing Ts in high school is super lazy.
Not comparing offenses just comparing stars.....some people including myself think Knighton will be the better back. Doesn't mean Chaney is trash.....I think Chaney was ranked correctly for what he did in HS.

Still zero excuse we should be beat unc and every costal teams we still have much more talented roster if you care about recruiting rankings

Advertisement
Na man, I’m from N.C. and trust me, UNC doesn’t own a thing! Clemson and Georgia get the top kids from that state every year. Kids like Dexter Lawrence, Todd Gurley, Zeus White.... Top kids NEVER stay in state, Elijah Hood May have been the last one and he was headed to Norte Dame before they took a second back. The talk in that state for years is if an in state school could lock down the state for 2-3 years they’d finally be a perennial top 10 program.
Look at his commitment list frok the last 2 years tho. all NC kids mostly. Hes right

Not comparing offenses just comparing stars.....some people including myself think Knighton will be the better back. Doesn't mean Chaney is trash.....I think Chaney was ranked correctly for what he did in HS.
You be saying some dumb sh*t. Both knighton and Chaney are legit Period. They (rivals) dropped Chaney because they were on some nut sh*t. He wasn’t ranked correctly because every other service had him as a top 75 talent, rivals dropped from top 50 to out of the top 250 all together, that’s literally never happened before because of a 4 day week at an all American game week. Chaney is in no way comparable to Lingard other than they played in a wing T offense and speed. Chaney is more gifted and a more fluid athlete

AND
“Some people including myself think knighton will be the better back” some of y’all be on some clown sh*t fantasizing about this stuff when y’all say sh*t like that y’all did the same sh*t with Brevin Jordan and will mallory too. At the end of the day I hope BOTH freshman rbs end up being great for Miami. They on the same team at the end of the day and that would be best for us as fans if they both show out.

Last edited:
He doesn't scare me.. yall throw around words like scary, goat, etc too easily.. lmao we should've beat them last year..
This. He’s recruiting better than unc did with fedora , so in the Fvck what. As long as we take care of business everything going to be straight regardless🤷🏾‍♂️. They still won’t have more talent than Miami will have collectively on the roster

Advertisement
You be saying some dumb sh*t. Both knighton and Chaney are legit Period. They (rivals) dropped Chaney because they were on some nut sh*t. He wasn’t ranked correctly because every other service had him as a top 75 talent, rivals dropped from top 50 to out of the top 250 all together, that’s literally never happened before because of a 4 day week at an all American game week. Chaney is in no way comparable to Lingard other than they played in a wing T offense and speed. Chaney is more gifted and a more fluid athlete

AND
“Some people including myself think knighton will be the better back” some of y’all be on some clown sh*t fantasizing about this stuff when y’all say sh*t like that y’all did the same sh*t with Brevin Jordan and will mallory too. At the end of the day I hope BOTH freshman rbs end up being great for Miami. They on the same team at the end of the day and that would be best for us as fans if they both show out.
U think I want being better then the other? I want them both elite but percentages say that's unrealistic. Right now I like Knighton more and if I'm wrong I still win cause Miami has an elite back. I could care less who's better just give me one that's a first rounder type. I was wrong of the Jordan thing....Mallory (so far) has been a combine warrior and Jordan shows up for games. Hopefully that changes.....I think (not fact) imo the Chaney drop had to be either competition or a speed issue I'm not sure.

U think I want being better then the other? I want them both elite but percentages say that's unrealistic. Right now I like Knighton more and if I'm wrong I still win cause Miami has an elite back. I could care less who's better just give me one that's a first rounder type. I was wrong of the Jordan thing....Mallory (so far) has been a combine warrior and Jordan shows up for games. Hopefully that changes.....I think (not fact) imo the Chaney drop had to be either competition or a speed issue I'm not sure.

a speed issue with Chaney? Tf are you talking about lol? He ran a 10.77 100m while being 200 pounds and had a verified 4.55 40 already at that weight and was the second most athletic rb in that class behind Zach Evans. So no, Chaney certainly doesn’t have speed issues... Chaney played good competition this year Columbus, gulliver prep, Miami norland, Miami central, Miami southridge, cardinal gibbons plus and a number of other schools yet still averaged over 12 yards per carry. All of those schools have d1 talent on defense while Chaney likely the only player on his entire team that has a chance at going d1 not to mention 225 pound lineman blocking for him.

I like both Knighton and Chaney equally, elite backs with plenty of speed to burn

Last edited:
a speed issue with Chaney? Tf are you talking about lol? He ran a 10.77 100m while being 200 pounds and had a verified 4.55 40 already at that weight and was the second most athletic rb in that class behind Zach Evans. So no, Chaney certainly doesn’t have speed issues... Chaney played good competition this year Columbus, gulliver prep, Miami norland, Miami central, Miami southridge, cardinal gibbons plus and a number of other schools yet still averaged over 12 yards per carry. All of those schools have d1 talent on defense while Chaney likely the only player on his entire team that has a chance at going d1 not to mention 225 pound lineman blocking for him.

I like both Knighton and Chaney equally, elite backs with plenty of speed to burn
I said imo which can also translate to maybe. Maybe bruh maybe
Maybe they think his speed or some **** doesn't translate that's why he isn't a 5 star......maybe bruh maybe. I don't know wtf they saw that they didn't give him a fifth star....like I wrote down IM NOT SURE.....and also wrote IMO. Relax man u act like this ni99@ lives across the street from u and collects your newspapers. Maybe they didn't think he was worthy of a fifth man I don't know wtf they look at but I'm not complaining to me he's good

Comparing stars still makes no sense. Lingard was a straight line runner with track speed. Chaney is a completely different prospect all around.

Advertisement
Back