UNC Recruiting

BS85

D before E
Premium
I know some people hate when we talk about other teams but I like to and think it's relevant, especially if they're in the ACC. UNC is building something under Mac. He's starting to lock down North Carolina. They just flipped the #6 qb and #56 overall player from Bama. They got a high 4 star DE yesterday. They're right behind Miami in the recruiting rankings now with fewer players and a much higher average (I know this will change some but still) of 88 for Miami and 92.5 for UNC. They've also signed two 5 stars in the last 2 years and there's time for more. I think it will be interesting to see how they look over the next few years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Will be interesting if he can strike lightning again like that 01-09 era of Texas..otherwise, hes been nothing more than an elite recruiter, perennial 8 win ceiling coach ever since then.

Mack Brown is locking down NC, all the top kids in state except for Payton Page are staying home.

He has a staff full of good recruiters & UNC spends money.

I still think we beat them this year @ home, but recruiting wise Mack will have the Tar Heels in the top 10 every year.

This QB is a double legacy at UNC. His brother played b-ball there and I think his father played there in some capacity. That said, I’m impressed with what Mack Brown is doing. He just flipped a kid from Saban based on the kid seeing what’s going on at UNC in general and probably seeing Howell do well.

Advertisement
The unc Miami game last year, despite the Kicking and defensive choak job on our part, was an amazing atmosphere to watch the game last year, too.

Between he and his staffs ability to coach and recruit, the fact that the majority of the state loves Unc and, even their underrated stadium atmosphere, it would be nice for another acc program besides Clemson and hypothetically us to be an annual top 15 program and raise the national stakes whenever we play them.

The unc Miami game last year, despite the Kicking and defensive choak job on our part, was an amazing atmosphere to watch the game last year, too.

Between he and his staffs ability to coach and recruit, the fact that the majority of the state loves Unc and, even their underrated stadium atmosphere, it would be nice for another acc program besides Clemson and hypothetically us to be an annual top 15 program and raise the national stakes whenever we play them.

At UNC is my favorite road game by far.

Advertisement
I didn't follow his Texas days too close but didn't he always recruit top 1-10 but was terrible at evals AND developing?

Recruiting to UNC and recruiting to Texas are not the same thing. Texas is, usually, the big dog in the state and it should be a big dog regionally, if not nationally. UNC football has to fight for everything, What he is doing at UNC is amazing. ****, it isn't even a football school. And I readily admit I thought he'd do nothing there this time. I was wrong.

On your second point, Texas always tried to finalize their class prior to senior years and they recruited a bunch of maxed out, though highly rated, recruits. End result, those 17 year old commitments tended not to get much better in college.

I didn't follow his Texas days too close but didn't he always recruit top 1-10 but was terrible at evals AND developing?

He finished ranked every single year except 3 when he was at Texas(and 2 of those years Manny was the DC so, no surprise they finished unranked). Finished top 5, 5 times. If he was terrible at evals and developing, he must have been one **** of an Xs and Os guy.

Advertisement
He finished ranked every single year except 3 when he was at Texas(and 2 of those years Manny was the DC so, no surprise they finished unranked). Finished top 5, 5 times. If he was terrible at evals and developing, he must have been one **** of an Xs and Os guy.
He also had some good teams at UNC before leaving for Texas. Pretty sure he was 11-1 around 98 or 99 at UNC.

Recruiting to UNC and recruiting to Texas are not the same thing. Texas is, usually, the big dog in the state and it should be a big dog regionally, if not nationally. UNC football has to fight for everything, What he is doing at UNC is amazing. ****, it isn't even a football school. And I readily admit I thought he'd do nothing there this time. I was wrong.

On your second point, Texas always tried to finalize their class prior to senior years and they recruited a bunch of maxed out, though highly rated, recruits. End result, those 17 year old commitments tended not to get much better in college.

They dont have to fight for anything...they own the state. The state is a basketball state...but if your good in football..unc is where you want to go as most still have a preference for UNC basketball as well.
He's a recruiter, added more recruiters to his staff...nc state is a sh*t show, wake is irrelevant along with ecu.....and yea i expected this.

Also the VA line ...unc should do well with too.

Call me crazy but I love this ****. I grew up in a time when kids had pride in their state/region. I’ll always respect kids staying home instead of the horse **** mercenary mindset of going to bama just because they’re the hot team. When you play UNC you’re getting North Carolina football. Need more of this.

Advertisement
Back