UM Isn't Paying a $2,250,000 Tom Herman Buyout

UMFarArcher

All-ACC
You guys can dream, but at some point you have to awaken.

UM will NEVER pay Tom Herman's $2.25 million dollar buyout. THEN have to pony up to try to get him to UM, and THEN have to pay him a really good salary to keep him from leaving in another year or two after arriving.

If he's that hot of a coach, everyone, including the NFL will come calling - and soon.

Every single time a coaching position comes up - he'll be in the discussion.

Reality.

It's a real **tch sometimes.

Advertisement
Agreed. Especially not when there will be other coaches who are going to be on par with what he would bring.

The admins will come up with a short list and things like this will push them one way or the other.

Advertisement
You guys can dream, but at some point you have to awaken.

UM will NEVER pay Tom Herman's $2.25 million dollar buyout. THEN have to pony up to try to get him to UM, and THEN have to pay him a really good salary to keep him from leaving in another year or two after arriving.

If he's that hot of a coach, everyone, including the NFL will come calling - and soon.

Every single time a coaching position comes up - he'll be in the discussion.

Reality.

It's a real **tch sometimes.

what if he just quits and walks away from the money. you laugh but david west did the same **** thing.

I agree that I don't think miami will pay a buyout to get a coach, I think Herman ends up at USC if he leaves Houston this year

I think they will. They just ate Al Golden's buyout. If money was an issue for Miami, they wouldn't have fired him in season.

If money is the reason we are hiring Butch, then the school has big problems.

I think they will. They just ate Al Golden's buyout. If money was an issue for Miami, they wouldn't have fired him in season.

60800292.jpg

Advertisement
Didn't know his buyout was that high....welp, pipe dream flushed down the toilet.

Advertisement

Yep. All the same guys who claimed UM was going to wait until January 13th at 9:32pm to fire Folden to save $459.00 on his buyout are now claiming Herman is unrealistic.

UM just ate $7M to get that fat fcking cancer out of here a month early. You'd think that if this is truly a "let's find the best guy and money isn't an issue" type of search, then a measly $2.5M buyout won't stop them.

McEltooth's buyout at CSU was something north of $7M. $2.5M is a pittance.

They could backload his deal a little to offset the buyout- which I don't think would actually be remotely a dealbreaker at that amount. I'm not a Herman guy but I don't think we should be scared off by a guy being sooo good that the NFL comes calling. I would absolutely need to gauge that he doesn't have interest in rising the college ranks though and would be always rumored to be listening to offers from other schools. That's why if you're hiring one of these potential ladder climbers that I'd be way more comfortable in them admitting to NFL aspirations and not some other college "dream job". We've dealt with coaches that had NFL goals in the past. We don't need to have a guy that's always rumored to be headed to Columbus though if Urb gets a headache again.

Advertisement
Lol @ you thinking he going to the NFL after 2-3 years not even saban nor butch that... and him being under Urban who never left to the nfl I'll take my chances

.... Urb left Utah and Gaytors cupboards filled. I'd imagine Herman would do the same for Houston. Then dominate here for 4-7 years before he becomes his own man.

...Unless he wants to pull a Stoops beamer Dantonio Patterson and plant himself for the long haul. Until then.....

Gimme Dino Babers. ...... pay attention tonight ... BGSU vs WMU

Yep. All the same guys who claimed UM was going to wait until January 13th at 9:32pm to fire Folden to save $459.00 on his buyout are now claiming Herman is unrealistic.

UM just ate $7M to get that fat fcking cancer out of here a month early. You'd think that if this is truly a "let's find the best guy and money isn't an issue" type of search, then a measly $2.5M buyout won't stop them.

McEltooth's buyout at CSU was something north of $7M. $2.5M is a pittance.

Thank you!!! Anything is possible, and this is possible!! I'm with the "Bring Butch Back" Club!!

Advertisement
Back