UM Isn't Paying a $2,250,000 Tom Herman Buyout

People need to be realistic about who we can hire.

What does this mean?

Are you insinuating Miami is poor? I assure you, we are not. Not close.

I think he's insinuating that we have a fake athletic director who probably belongs in a roll call booth at the stadium, and a figurehead president.

There are a small handful out of the 50+ decision makers on the board who care about the football team, and they're just as likely to hire Cristobal or bob smith from Wesleyan high school.

We should feel blessed that one of them is pushing Butch so hard.

They've proven over and over that they're incapable of making a competent informed decision.

Giving them the time to let this play out because we might land Herman or Hue Jackson will probably end in a disaster.

Advertisement

What does this mean?

I think he's insinuating that we have a fake athletic director who probably belongs in a roll call booth at the stadium, and a figurehead president.

There are a small handful out of the 50+ decision makers on the board who care about the football team, and they're just as likely to hire Cristobal or bob smith from Wesleyan high school.

They've proven over and over that they're incapable of making a competent informed decision.

Giving them the time to let this play out because we might land Herman or Hue Jackson will probably end in a disaster.

I mean USC hired like 4 bad coaches in a row. Michigan 2. Bama 3. Nebraska is on 3 now. Tennessee is on 3 in a row. Notre **** had like 4. Texas is looking pretty foolish right now.

All, not most, but all, schools go through some tough times, making bad hires. Not to mention that the biggest obstacle, Shalala, is gone. Keep the faith. If they get it wrong, we'll all let them hear it louder than ever. But to deny a search in favor of that warm blanket from the past, seems silly to me.

This is all wishful thinking to make people think Herman is a non starter. Money is not an issue. The school indicated they are willing to pay $4 million for a coach. How many coaches do you all know of that you are willing to pay $4 mil to that doesn't have a buyout other than Charlie strong or unless that coach is fired?

This thread is BS and simply shilling for Butch. If Butch had a $2.5 million pay out OP would be screaming from the mountains to everyone that amount was nothing. Clearly OP has an agenda.

The cult worship of Butch is so sad when you have to try and shout everyone down with false implications. You look and sound ridiculous. There is rooting for a coach you like and then there is sucking his ****. OP falls in the latter category. You're lookin ridiculous b.

You're not paying attention.

You throw out ONE number, but you're really not paying attention to the total numbers, and then there were indications by Petey that we were going to lay out some serious money for coordinators - and I assume - position coaches.

I find it very interesting how easily you throw numbers around when the money you're talking about is not yours.

"Money is not an issue." If you believe that - you are intellectually inert. Those "millions," are provided by a few. Not the many. A relative few. And like it or not, their opinions count millions of times more than YOURS.

Think about it.

Never mind. What was I thinking . .

If this program continues to be cheap. It deserves to be the irreverent pile **** it has turned into. You pay whatever is needed if you think said coach is the next elite one.

Yeah?

How many million are you kicking in?

Paul Demare is apparently kicking in quite a bit FOR BUTCH.

I understand little man. You need you're blanky in order to sleep at night. You have been beaten for 15 years by bad hires. That the only way you feel we can return is exhuming the corpse of Butch Davis. That last coach to have us relevant is the only way we can return.

You guys can dream, but at some point you have to awaken.

UM will NEVER pay Tom Herman's $2.25 million dollar buyout. THEN have to pony up to try to get him to UM, and THEN have to pay him a really good salary to keep him from leaving in another year or two after arriving.

If he's that hot of a coach, everyone, including the NFL will come calling - and soon.

Every single time a coaching position comes up - he'll be in the discussion.

Reality.

It's a real **tch sometimes.

The money AL's stealing certainly doesn't help that situation. What is AL's theft worth...8M?

Advertisement
This is all wishful thinking to make people think Herman is a non starter. Money is not an issue. The school indicated they are willing to pay $4 million for a coach. How many coaches do you all know of that you are willing to pay $4 mil to that doesn't have a buyout other than Charlie strong or unless that coach is fired?

This thread is BS and simply shilling for Butch. If Butch had a $2.5 million pay out OP would be screaming from the mountains to everyone that amount was nothing. Clearly OP has an agenda.

The cult worship of Butch is so sad when you have to try and shout everyone down with false implications. You look and sound ridiculous. There is rooting for a coach you like and then there is sucking his ****. OP falls in the latter category. You're lookin ridiculous b.

You're not paying attention.

You throw out ONE number, but you're really not paying attention to the total numbers, and then there were indications by Petey that we were going to lay out some serious money for coordinators - and I assume - position coaches.

I find it very interesting how easily you throw numbers around when the money you're talking about is not yours.

"Money is not an issue." If you believe that - you are intellectually inert. Those "millions," are provided by a few. Not the many. A relative few. And like it or not, their opinions count millions of times more than YOURS.

Think about it.

Never mind. What was I thinking . .
I don't get the money angle. If they were willing to buy golden out earlier than expected and yes that $7 million number was thrown out by other people in the WEZ that are in the know and they are willing to pay for assistants and they are willing to pay up to $4 million which is a huge jump from previous times how can you come to the conclusion that a $2.5 million buyout is too much? If anything it's the opposite.

Now if shalala was around I would agree with you but I actually think this search will be different than any time under her watch. In the end I think Butch gets the job cause per D$ he has DiMare's backing so this is all moot. But to say the money isn't there when people have indicating otherwise is disingenuous

If this program continues to be cheap. It deserves to be the irreverent pile **** it has turned into. You pay whatever is needed if you think said coach is the next elite one.

Yeah?

I understand little man. You need you're blanky in order to sleep at night. You have been beaten for 15 years by bad hires. That the only way you feel we can return is exhuming the corpse of Butch Davis. That last coach to have us relevant is the only way we can return.

That's what I thought. You're not kicking in a penny - so I'd imagine that those who ARE kicking in whatever millions to get rid of Golden, get a new coach, and pay enough to get really top coordinators - will have a bit more say than your sorry broke ***.

Those trustees vote with their dollars. And they got the dollars.

Hopefully, sometime next year, your pubes may come in.

Yeah?

That's what I thought. You're not kicking in a penny - so I'd imagine that those who ARE kicking in whatever millions to get rid of Golden, get a new coach, and pay enough to get really top coordinators - will have a bit more say than your sorry broke ***.

Wait so do they have dollars or don't they? I thought the premise was Miami doesn't have money? Now they do?

Yeah?

Wait so do they have dollars or don't they? I thought the premise was Miami doesn't have money? Now they do?

Only Butch Davis cult members have money. Get with the program and grow some pubes.

Advertisement

Yeah?

It's THEIR money. They too, have limitations and they have preferences.

Anyone who read the article - two key things were mentioned - one of the more 'generous' trustees had his favorite and his favorite was NAMED.

Now if his favorite/preference isn't selected, he may just elect to keep HIS OWN MONEY.

You see how this works?

The guy who may be heavily footing the bill will probably - probably - influence the selection. Or, no money, and they can hire Crytobal.

Or Jerry Faust.

Yeah?

LOL, you should really take a break from the board.

Yeah?

LOL, you should really take a break from the board.

Aw, you're not having any fun!

You guys can dream, but at some point you have to awaken.

UM will NEVER pay Tom Herman's $2.25 million dollar buyout. THEN have to pony up to try to get him to UM, and THEN have to pay him a really good salary to keep him from leaving in another year or two after arriving.

If he's that hot of a coach, everyone, including the NFL will come calling - and soon.

Every single time a coaching position comes up - he'll be in the discussion.

Reality.

It's a real **tch sometimes.

The moral of the story here is...Butch Mother****in Davis

Advertisement
Yeah?

Anyone who read the article - two key things were mentioned - one of the more 'generous' trustees had his favorite and his favorite was NAMED.

Now if his favorite/preference isn't selected, he may just elect to keep HIS OWN MONEY.

You see how this works?

The guy who may be heavily footing the bill will probably - probably - influence the selection. Or, no money, and they can hire Crytobal.

Or Jerry Faust.
That's quite a theory you got going. You got all of that information from that article? If it were so cut and dry then Butch would have already been given the job. Obviously there is more at play. But keep jumping to conclusions.
proxy.php

2.25 buyout is cheap especially when it's money you can make back immediately if he's as good as advertised(which he is)

You also put a buyout clause in his contract in the case that he leaves. It's real simple

You see how this works?

Or Jerry Faust.
That's quite a theory you got going. You got all of that information from that article? If it were so cut and dry then Butch would have already been given the job. Obviously there is more at play. But keep jumping to conclusions.
proxy.php

This may be difficult for you to understand, but there's a segment of people who sign these things called "contracts," and normally, there are within the contract something they call contractual obligations. Sometimes, the contract itself is a back and forth between lawyers until everyone is satisfied with the terms of the contract.

Other considerations are for what is termed process interruption. If one prematurely interrupts an ongoing process - it hurts or can have a further negative effect on the process in place. So, while the principles are in agreement, timing is often enough postponed in order to not unnecessarily interrupt the ongoing process.

There's no positive on announcing the new coach at this time. It's all downside. I know the fans don't like not knowing, but the fans, as in this case, don't understand all the elements in an ongoing process.

So maybe they're waiting. We don't have long now before the ongoing season is OVER. Any interruptions or distractions for the team - at this time - may be considered by the University to be a negative.

After all, another week, two more weeks, or even three weeks will not affect recruiting, and if it's pretty much a done deal, then very quietly, coordinators and position coaches can be contacted, contracts can be negotiated, and everything is ready WHEN everything is in place.

Advertisement

What does this mean?

I mean USC hired like 4 bad coaches in a row. Michigan 2. Bama 3. Nebraska is on 3 now. Tennessee is on 3 in a row. Notre **** had like 4. Texas is looking pretty foolish right now.

All, not most, but all, schools go through some tough times, making bad hires. Not to mention that the biggest obstacle, Shalala, is gone. Keep the faith. If they get it wrong, we'll all let them hear it louder than ever. But to deny a search in favor of that warm blanket from the past, seems silly to me.

I'll take the warm blanket.

If I let my 4 year old make my grocery list then I can't be mad when we're eating macaroni and cheese and candy for the next month.

What does this mean?

I'll take the warm blanket.

If I let my 4 year old make my grocery list then I can't be mad when we're eating macaroni and cheese and candy for the next month.

What does this even mean?

I'll take the chance of getting the next elite coach, instead of being so afraid that my only answer is a coach who was here like 20 years ago.

The point is, you may not have a chance at Herman.

You seem to focus in on Herman, and you seriously think another five or six schools haven't noticed him? And at the end of the season, there will be maybe an additional five or six schools looking for a head coach.

You think they're going to wait until they fire their coach to start making contacts?

Everyone but UM has missed on what Herman has done?

If there was ever an event that embraced the concept of "Long shot," Herman to UM would fall in that category. One, big, long shot.

Advertisement
Back