UM dismisses Sam Bruce

View as article
If, and that's a big if, the main reason for the dismissal is missing a few study halls and treatment sessions, that is absolutely ridiculous.

Suspend him for the spring, don't kick him off the team. Overreaction by Richt if that is the reason. I'm beginning to like him less and less.

Read again and tell everyone who is overreacting.

The kid has managed to get injured and kicked off the team less than 2 months into his freshman year.

Sounds like a *****. Not a "savage".

Ok. But the fact remains that he was a 4 star recruit at a position where we desperately need an infusion of explosiveness.

None of what he did (that has come out) in my opinion warrants an outright dismissal. Richt was known at Georgia to kick guys off the team early and they then went elsewhere and had huge careers. This reeks of that.

Key phrase in above parenthesis..."that has come out". I'm sure that Richt is keen to release all of the dumb **** this kid did, because he is a d!ck and all...and asshats like you really deserve to know everything about this 19 year old kid's life. Makes sense.

Advertisement
If, and that's a big if, the main reason for the dismissal is missing a few study halls and treatment sessions, that is absolutely ridiculous.

Suspend him for the spring, don't kick him off the team. Overreaction by Richt if that is the reason. I'm beginning to like him less and less.

1) gun incident
2) lied about how he injured his leg right before the season
3) missed treatment schedule and showed up late to study hall

The latter doesn't look all that bad. But compounded off everything he's done and 1 month into his collegiate career, it's enough to get kicked off the team.

Read again and tell everyone who is overreacting.

The kid has managed to get injured and kicked off the team less than 2 months into his freshman year.

Sounds like a *****. Not a "savage".

Ok. But the fact remains that he was a 4 star recruit at a position where we desperately need an infusion of explosiveness.

None of what he did (that has come out) in my opinion warrants an outright dismissal. Richt was known at Georgia to kick guys off the team early and they then went elsewhere and had huge careers. This reeks of that.

Want to lose a team real quick. Come in as a new coach and let a freshman, who btw hasn't really done anything in his entire career of playing football to be labeled a "savage", do whatever he wants and openly disregard or disrespect what you're trying to build. Watch how quickly other players start acting like an ******* because they all think they're "savages"

For the porsters crying about SB, what has this kid ever done except release some workout video's to be labeled a savage, one of our most talented players, or anything like that? Cause he was a 4* from S. FL? If he was that good he would've been in the rotation and not playing basketball. Seems like a 3* from Jax is starting.

* Richt on Sam Bruce, who was dismissed Monday:

“It’s always sad to have to part ways. I do wish the very best for Sam and I think Sam’s going to get it right and finish strong in his career. There’s been a lot of guys that have taken a little different path than they thought they would and come out on the end great, and a better man for it.”

Richt truly wants this man to succeed.

Advertisement
Bruces Mom talked to Canesport.. apparently she said she loves the coaches.. and that Sam needs this.. and she was fully involved in the process and decision.. said dugans hugged her when they met her to dismiss Sam

Is the next step for Sam the Savage Bruce "Last Chance U"? If you have seen that show all those kids think they are Savage and keeping it real. When in fact they are high maintenance just get by types that think of SEC offers and end up at Arkansas St. Fred Rouse was a "Savage" and maybe he killed it at UTEP as his final destination but who would ever know?

Multiple issues already. Not getting the basic classes done? Not coming in for treatment is a BIG non no in college and pro. You get healthy or you get out. Bill Parcels would make the training room so cold so guys would not just hang around. And at some point if you know you need to make an example to get Mullins attention you got to do it.

And yes if I am a head coach today I am not going to be Tressel or Art Briels and go down by hiding stupid crap that a 19 year old did. If I am make 4 million a year you better believe I am compliant and if I got to cut off the Hand to save the Arm and body I am cutting off that hand.

And some poster said that Miami kids are going to take notice. Good. You think the pros want dumb savages? You think the NFL teams that make the playoffs ever year have dumb players that don't come to meetings and get arrested? If we are going to get back to NFL U then we need the players that are going to be leaders on those NFL rosters.

IMO Everyone should read the post below before posting any further on this topic.

Bruces Mom talked to Canesport.. apparently she said she loves the coaches.. and that Sam needs this.. and she was fully involved in the process and decision.. said dugans hugged her when they met her to dismiss Sam

Advertisement
Is the next step for Sam the Savage Bruce "Last Chance U"? If you have seen that show all those kids think they are Savage and keeping it real. When in fact they are high maintenance just get by types that think of SEC offers and end up at Arkansas St. Fred Rouse was a "Savage" and maybe he killed it at UTEP as his final destination but who would ever know?

Multiple issues already. Not getting the basic classes done? Not coming in for treatment is a BIG non no in college and pro. You get healthy or you get out. Bill Parcels would make the training room so cold so guys would not just hang around. And at some point if you know you need to make an example to get Mullins attention you got to do it.

And yes if I am a head coach today I am not going to be Tressel or Art Briels and go down by hiding stupid crap that a 19 year old did. If I am make 4 million a year you better believe I am compliant and if I got to cut off the Hand to save the Arm and body I am cutting off that hand.

And some poster said that Miami kids are going to take notice. Good. You think the pros want dumb savages? You think the NFL teams that make the playoffs ever year have dumb players that don't come to meetings and get arrested? If we are going to get back to NFL U then we need the players that are going to be leaders on those NFL rosters.

Uhhhhhh...

hernandez-watch-51.jpg

Uhhhhhh...

hernandez-watch-51.jpg

Ethered

Uhhhhhh...

hernandez-watch-51.jpg

L
O
L

Advertisement
Per Canesport on Bruce

Quote from his mom ""I love coach Richt, what he's doing for the program, the direction he has it going. I wish them the best in the endeavors to come. Sam just made a series of not good decisions that put him in this situation. I sat down with Sam and explained that to him - `You know the kind of program coach Richt is going to run because he did it at Georgia, and you can't help but respect it. As a man you have to understand the mistakes you made and move forward.'"

Advertisement
This proves that some kids (in general not just athletes) are going to be immature no matter what. His mom seems sensible and involved in his life and he didn't exactly go to a bad high school yet he keeps messing up. Hopefully when he wakes up at a JUCO or somewhere within the fabulous state of West Virginia the kid wakes up.

Advertisement
Back