• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

UM dismisses Sam Bruce

View as article

Jassid82

Senior
Yeah I think the "defenders" of Bruce are missing alot of the interview. Buddy basically said he was living the Miami lifestyle. Partying all night, falling asleep in WR meetings...basically being a Coral Gables socialite. It was too much. Richt has seen it all with kids like Bruce and he probably knew how the story would end. (Remember he dealt with Isiah Crowell when he was at UGA)

And furthermore, as soon as as Bruce was off the team he got arrested for marijuana possession so Richt was right. The kid was just too damn immature. Glad he realizes that and hopefully he can be an example to these kids coming up that college coaches are only going to put up with so much.

AUcane

All-ACC
I can't watch a 10 min video on Sam Bruce. Someone bottom line it for me - what's he doing now?

Cane47

I Wonder How’s it Going to Be?
He sounds a bit like Michael Irvin in the way he speaks. Not as much umph, but as I’m listening to him I’m asking myself who does that voice and style of speaking remind me of.

He sounds a bit like Michael Irvin in the way he speaks. Not as much umph, but as I’m listening to him I’m asking myself who does that voice and style of speaking remind me of.

Yeah, Sam does have a deep @$$ voice, you wouldn't expect that from a guy that's like 5'7" LOL. Same thing with Iverson, that lil' dude sounded like He had a frog in His throat.

orange&green84

All-ACC
I can tell you didn’t watch the interview. He says looking back and the space the school was in at that time frame he understands. Just the 18 year old him didn’t see nor understand what was going on. He says the spotlight was to much for him and it went to his head and had him acting different.

After all he’s gone through he said he’d choose UM again knowing everything he knows. That’s the wild part to me.
He probably realized he would've been in a world of hurt as his attitude would've been the same. At least at home, it seemed like he had a good support system near by. Don't have that in USCe and OSU.

TheMatador

All-ACC
That shyt is ridiculous.....most the kids I grew up with r blood. I rock the bandana cause I like red.......to me if anyone has a red bandana it doesn't mean that your a blood. That shyt is stupid they got on him for that I would of bounced too.
I like red bandana, too. Just hard to find in stores around here. They got the dollar store, Trader Joe’s and Microcenter. None have the red bandana.

And I have to go to Houston for my grill.

San Amaro Dr

Academic Redshirt
That shyt is ridiculous.....most the kids I grew up with r blood. I rock the bandana cause I like red.......to me if anyone has a red bandana it doesn't mean that your a blood. That shyt is stupid they got on him for that I would of bounced too.
Context matters. Short leash when you are in HS holding a pistol in a photo lol