UM 2021 DT Commit Savion Collins Recruiting Update

I think DT is such a premium position that you take a risk with a kid like him. The DTs are the linchpin of Diaz's defense, so it's the one position where you want to have as many options as possible. Maybe someone gets injured or the other DTs aren't as dominant as we thought they'd be.

I would avoid low character kids as Miami doesn't have the leadership it needs there, but it doesn't sound like Collins is a bad kid. He's just lazy. If a coach making several million dollars doesnt believe he can figure out a way to motivate a lazy high school player, he shouldn't be in the coaching business.

This will probably get me some down votes, but Collins attitude reminds me a lot of Olivier Vernon's. Talented players, but seem to be the type that don't see a point in putting their bodies on the line without a good reason. That being said, I can see Collins being motivated enough to play hard for 3 years in order to be able to leave early for the NFL so he can get paid.
That’s the part of coaching that is often overlooked. Finding what motivates a player and using that to fuel the player for betterment of self and team. What one says a person is lazy, it’s more so no one has found that tick to spark them yet..

Advertisement
@Cribby do you know if Collins is signing anywhere early? Or any idea what schools he is considering? Wishing him the best although I'm happy the way this class has taken shape.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve never understood lazy in playing football yet I have a close friend who’s grandson plays for USF two years ago his first game scored (3) punts and kickoff returns for TD and an receiving TD against Ga Tech ESPN top plays and was projected as an All American.

We he got lazy lost his starting spot and now hardly see the field SAD and all the talking with mentors NOTHING SAD.

In couple years he’ll be unemployed and living at home useless wanting to be enabled.

Then when his friends are in the NFL all he’ll have left is OH WHAT HAVE I DONE
The kid your talking about had an ACL, right? Apparently he was never the same afterwards.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back