UM 2021 DT Commit Savion Collins Recruiting Update

Best of luck to the kid but he isn’t worth a counter. Hasn’t gotten better as a prospect since his freshmen year. He might be better at guard but he isn’t worth the risk.

Advertisement
There aren't many guys with his size that are explosive enough to run 4.80. Hope he keeps improving.

The raw tools are there with him to be great, it’s all the other stuff that is concerning. Do you trust the coaches to get the most out of him if he ends up here?

Advertisement
The raw tools are there with him to be great, it’s all the other stuff that is concerning. Do you trust the coaches to get the most out of him if he ends up here?
It would depend on him. Renato Brown at Louisville is an example of a successful transition for a toolsy South Florida lineman. I don't think Collins ends up here, though.

Big difference now is the portal.Before if you missed on guys or dropped guys late you were forced to pull a Golden and grab somebody you really shouldn’t .

Now you can just hold to the scholarship and grab someone from the portal who most times has gone through weight training and is ready to play.

‘the portal has really changed recruiting

You're not winning a Championship off using the Portal. Teams will actually use that against Miami. Portal U, so why go play there? Manny Diaz isn't tough enough to establish culture and break kids into what it is to be a Miami Hurricane. So... If you want culture problems we'll leave that Portal alone, and build our teams like we did before.

You're not winning a Championship off using the Portal. Teams will actually use that against Miami. Portal U, so why go play there? Manny Diaz isn't tough enough to establish culture and break kids into what it is to be a Miami Hurricane. So... If you want culture problems we'll leave that Portal alone, and build our teams like we did before.
Check out LSU!

Advertisement
Check out LSU!

Show me the players LSU used to win a Championship? If you comparing us to LSU in any form or fashion then I'm confused. The fact Manny is letting some of best CBs leave the State of Florida tells me all I need to know. Rumph should be fired and Manny should as well. None of them can recruit. Patke, Rumph, Manny, and Baker. LSU doesn't have that problem.

Show me the players LSU used to win a Championship? If you comparing us to LSU in any form or fashion then I'm confused. The fact Manny is letting some of best CBs leave the State of Florida tells me all I need to know. Rumph should be fired and Manny should as well. None of them can recruit. Patke, Rumph, Manny, and Baker. LSU doesn't have that problem.
No manny shouldn't be fired, rumph yes! But why should he fired for something that's out of his control? Da kids i believe have a say so in where they go to school. If they don't come on to the next.

No manny shouldn't be fired, rumph yes! But why should he fired for something that's out of his control? Da kids i believe have a say so in where they go to school. If they don't come on to the next.

He hasn't developed anybody since he's been here. His best year was ALL GOLDEN PLAYERS. He mismanaged the LB room, and the CB room. We won't win a Championship with Manny Diaz. If you're satisfied with beating the teams we're supposed to beat... Be my guess. He's not a Championship coach. He's just another Coach. A JAC...

He hasn't developed anybody since he's been here. His best year was ALL GOLDEN PLAYERS. He mismanaged the LB room, and the CB room. We won't win a Championship with Manny Diaz. If you're satisfied with beating the teams we're supposed to beat... Be my guess. He's not a Championship coach. He's just another Coach. A JAC...
I was gonna say manny needs to get his players in! Sense you said he had golden/ richts players but the players on defense is manny's. So, im gonna go with he needs another year f4 da offense and culture. But your right about everything else.

Advertisement

Their best player was a portal guy this is so stupid

No one says you build a team with all portal guys , you fill in some gaps

Manny can’t recruit yet the team he’s in charge of will finish with a top 10 class this year an last year finished top 15 after going 6-7

What is this stupid narrative still that he can’t recruit

I was gonna say manny needs to get his players in! Sense you said he had golden/ richts players but the players on defense is manny's. So, im gonna go with he needs another year f4 da offense and culture. But your right about everything else.

If you feel he needs more time I can respect that. Time will tell it all, but me personally I don't care too much for Manny. I don't like his scheme because against weak squads I'll get the job done, but when we play good teams we get gashed. Wisconsin is one, Clemson is another, LSU another one, and etc. We have talent, but scheme is important. We need Physical Corners at the line of scrimmage with DL that cause havoc in the backfield. Linebackers who can run sideline to sideline... And atleast cover for more than 5 yards. Know how to tackle in space, and know how to take proper angles. Currently that's not our team... Currently that hasn't been his Defense since he got hired, so that's why I go after him. It's literally his scheme and philosophy.

Their best player was a portal guy this is so stupid

No one says you build a team with all portal guys , you fill in some gaps

Manny can’t recruit yet the team he’s in charge of will finish with a top 10 class this year an last year finished top 15 after going 6-7

What is this stupid narrative still that he can’t recruit

They went to plug in one piece though... They already had a team THEY RECRUITED. Not used Portal plug-ins to get the job done. 1 player a QB. That's all LSU Teams usually need. They're known for a lot of things already. Defense, WRs, RBs, but they struggle with QB recruiting. Manny isn't on the same level as LSU Coach.

He's a JAC.... Just Another Coach.

Advertisement
If you feel he needs more time I can respect that. Time will tell it all, but me personally I don't care too much for Manny. I don't like his scheme because against weak squads I'll get the job done, but when we play good teams we get gashed. Wisconsin is one, Clemson is another, LSU another one, and etc. We have talent, but scheme is important. We need Physical Corners at the line of scrimmage with DL that cause havoc in the backfield. Linebackers who can run sideline to sideline... And atleast cover for more than 5 yards. Know how to tackle in space, and know how to take proper angles. Currently that's not our team... Currently that hasn't been his Defense since he got hired, so that's why I go after him. It's literally his scheme and philosophy.
Yeah im as die hard of a fan as anyone! And, I'm so to speak da board hype man but even no window dressing when i see it just like in 17' i knew we would get killed by clemson, but pitt punked us first. We never have 2 things alike ham no burger, kool no aid, cereal no milk, in our case its 3, offense and special teams but no defense!

They went to plug in one piece though... They already had a team THEY RECRUITED. Not used Portal plug-ins to get the job done. 1 player a QB. That's all LSU Teams usually need. They're known for a lot of things already. Defense, WRs, RBs, but they struggle with QB recruiting. Manny isn't on the same level as LSU Coach.

He's a JAC.... Just Another Coach.

Because Orgeron is a coaching savant

Because Orgeron is a coaching savant

He wouldn't let his team be without Corners I know that much. Currently, We have a coach who literally let all the best Corners leave her. Fire Rumph yes, but its deeper than Rumph. Manny Diaz can't recruit, develop, and know nothing about roster management... Hence every year he's the Portal King, but with no Championship... Not even an ACC Championship.

Advertisement
Back