UM 2021 DT Commit Savion Collins Recruiting Update

Advertisement
I think DT is such a premium position that you take a risk with a kid like him. The DTs are the linchpin of Diaz's defense, so it's the one position where you want to have as many options as possible. Maybe someone gets injured or the other DTs aren't as dominant as we thought they'd be.

I would avoid low character kids as Miami doesn't have the leadership it needs there, but it doesn't sound like Collins is a bad kid. He's just lazy. If a coach making several million dollars doesnt believe he can figure out a way to motivate a lazy high school player, he shouldn't be in the coaching business.

This will probably get me some down votes, but Collins attitude reminds me a lot of Olivier Vernon's. Talented players, but seem to be the type that don't see a point in putting their bodies on the line without a good reason. That being said, I can see Collins being motivated enough to play hard for 3 years in order to be able to leave early for the NFL so he can get paid.
I’ve never understood lazy in playing football yet I have a close friend who’s grandson plays for USF two years ago his first game scored (3) punts and kickoff returns for TD and an receiving TD against Ga Tech ESPN top plays and was projected as an All American.

We he got lazy lost his starting spot and now hardly see the field SAD and all the talking with mentors NOTHING SAD.

In couple years he’ll be unemployed and living at home useless wanting to be enabled.

Then when his friends are in the NFL all he’ll have left is OH WHAT HAVE I DONE

I loathe the laziness that kids of this size sometimes exhibit. He is 6’4” and just has to try. Most of us are undersized and worked our butts off to never get an opportunity that he has in front of him. He doesn’t have to be “Rudy” with his effort, but show up and play hard every down. Adding bad weight in the off-season shows complacency which is not his friend. If he cared, he would have gotten more cut in the offseason instead of adding bad weight.

Unless he can prove otherwise, this is a kid that I see would not only waste a spot on this team but likely waste a scholly at a good school like UM for the educational experience too. It could be immaturity but why roll the dice with limited scholarships. In order for the program to improve, we need to hit on more scholarships every year (not just talent but kids with minds that are prepared for the journey). The perception that this kid has created is bad.

Advertisement
I don't remember Willis having the perception of him being lazy. He was more of a headcase. But he was extremely aggressive, which is the best trait for a Dlineman.

True. A lot kids undervalue their gifts early is kid of my point. It's the coaches jobs to evaluate whether a fire can be lit and get them to realize their potential. Sometimes the "light comes on" later for others.

I'm not super high on taking 3DT's this cycle when we have more desperate needs elsewhere.

I sit here typing post on lazy players with aching ankles from dislocation nerve tendon damage.

I was on the verge of playing for the U with my friends Tony Chickillo and James Boone all of us offered they went and I was left behind in agonizing pain never recovered to this day.

My friends lived a dream and I watched and waited for them after games to hug them my friends.

For me to read of laziness of children turning the backs on a dream to be lazy hurts me.

I remember looking at Jamie Boone face in tears crying for me as he helped hold my ankle up right to coaches car to hospital .

All I have is dreaming of make believe at night.

What I wouldn’t give to have vomiting out of my nose one more time as Chick YELLS...NOT ONE MORE FING INCH WE WILL HOLD THIS LINE.

LAZY **** NO PASSION

GOCANES

Sign me up for Payton. Don’t let a lanky SF pass rusher leave.
We have enough DE's. I get that mentality, but we have more pressing needs than another lanky pass rusher to add to our stable of lanky pass rushers. We should target an OL, CB, LB, or Smith at DT.

Advertisement
We have enough DE's. I get that mentality, but we have more pressing needs than another lanky pass rusher to add to our stable of lanky pass rushers. We should target an OL, CB, LB, or Smith at DT.

Smith is a pipe dream but he’s a take no matter what.

The sad truth is we don’t have a lot of good realistic options at CB or OL. If we can get good ones than absolutely. Maybe we can work back with Lewis at LB but that seems like a long shot as well.

Id rather take a good player in Payton than a Golden type special late because we want a certain position.

Advertisement
Smith is a pipe dream but he’s a take no matter what.

The sad truth is we don’t have a lot of good realistic options at CB or OL. If we can get good ones than absolutely. Maybe we can work back with Lewis at LB but that seems like a long shot as well.

Id rather take a good player in Payton than a Golden type special late because we want a certain position.
2 other DL we're recruiting is Darell Jackson(Tenn) and Joshua Farmer(FSU).

I’ve never understood lazy in playing football yet I have a close friend who’s grandson plays for USF two years ago his first game scored (3) punts and kickoff returns for TD and an receiving TD against Ga Tech ESPN top plays and was projected as an All American.

We he got lazy lost his starting spot and now hardly see the field SAD and all the talking with mentors NOTHING SAD.

In couple years he’ll be unemployed and living at home useless wanting to be enabled.

Then when his friends are in the NFL all he’ll have left is OH WHAT HAVE I DONE
If you’re talking about Terrance Horne, didn’t he have a terrible knee injury the week after? Kid’s just getting back to full speed.

Advertisement
I looked both up, from same hometown (havana, FL). Are they at the same school?
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2021-de-darrell-jackson-receives-offer.159775/

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2021-de-darrell-jackson-receives-offer.159775/

You think either is worth a scholly or should Miami save a couple in case for transfers or an unlikely change of heart from an elite prospect? After dropping Burns and Collins (if rumor is true), I think we have 5 scholarships left now.

Advertisement
Back