UGA Rivals editor says Vandy players in revolt and opting out

Which scholarship players is she getting preference over? That 0-8 team just got whipped 49-0 by stank *** Mizzou. If they're worried about a backup K on a roster with no K available getting too much shine, then they need to get their priorities in order. It would explain why they suck so badly and got run by a ****** program.
These players have been playing for years. It's paying their way through college. Some might even feel they have a shot at the NFL. Then the coach decides he's going to have this young lady be the kicker. She goes out and does the best she can and it's obviously not at a sufficient level. They're butthurt that their coach and the media is making a huge deal out of it and they're being ignored.

She did what was asked of her and players were giving her five on the sidelines. This isn't about her at all. It's about a coach and a school that tried to use her to get positive press. That's why I think they're upset. Not because of misogyny which us how others will spin it.

Advertisement
What was so pathetic about it was the narrative “she’s breaking barriers” like this little privileged white girl over came oppression to make it on as an unqualified kicker at Vandy university??...

Then she milking the attention talking about “blah I want to be an example to all women out there that you can be whatever you want to be” gtfoh with that bs. :diaf:

100% was a publicity stunt I bet out of the 85 scholarship players a handful have kicked and are better than she was but go on and believe she was the best qualified for the job haha

Read my further posts. I clarified i didnt think it was initially and now it has become that. I can believe what i want to doesnt make it right or wrong just like your take on this. The truth lies somewhere in between

These players have been playing for years. It's paying their way through college. Some might even feel they have a shot at the NFL. Then the coach decides he's going to have this young lady be the kicker. She goes out and does the best she can and it's obviously not at a sufficient level. They're butthurt that their coach and the media is making a huge deal out of it and they're being ignored.

She did what was asked of her and players were giving her five on the sidelines. This isn't about her at all. It's about a coach and a school that tried to use her to get positive press. That's why I think they're upset. Not because of misogyny which us how others will spin it.
If they want positive press, then they shouldn't be 0-8 coming off a 49-0 stomping by a **** program. Getting butthurt over this stupid story about a fake Kicker that will disappear in couple weeks is feeble, but it's not surprising given how soft they are on the field.

I don't have a problem with a woman participating in men's sports IF THEY'RE GOOD ENOUGH and THEY EARNED IT.

But she was HANDED the opportunity (for whatever reason) and is being painted as a legitimate ground-breaking hero.
Ground-breaking would have been if she EARNED IT.

THAT deserves to go down in history.

Sports used to be the one place where you had to EARN your job and legitimately be more talented than your competitors. The best players are CHOSEN through objectivity and fairness. No handouts. That's the part of sports where kids learn the rewards of hard work and dedication.
The hardest working guys with the most dedication and talent play first. And those are the rules that are SUPPOSED TO apply to every person who participates in sports.

This completely contradicts those principles and that's why some people are bothered. It goes against everything that sports are supposed to teach kids

participation trophy!

Advertisement
From Chris Lee rivals thread...

This kid, Alex Massad reached out to coaches and confirmed they never had a tryout. 4 year starter at Montgomery Bell

There were also a handful of available players who kicked in high school. Two biggest standouts :

DB Ryan McCord was an AD kicker at St Marks in Texas.

Jared Wheatley was the first team all state kicker and ST Player if the year in South Carolina. He was also considered the 86th best kicker in the country (top 10 punter)

Last edited:

This kid, Alex Massad reached out to coaches and confirmed they never had a tryout. 4 year starter at Montgomery Bell

There were also a handful of available players who kicked in high school. Two biggest standouts :

Jared Wheatley was the first team all state kicker and ST Player if the year in South Carolina. He was also considered the 86th best kicker in the country (top 10 punter)
Looks like @Cribby has been vindicated.

Advertisement

Did the chick miss 17 kicks in the game? Is that why they lost 49-0? If she made all 17 kicks they will have won.

I know one thing for sure: if the immortal Alex Massad had played, they would have beaten Missouri.

She's got a point...Don't @ me
F1306E27-FA9A-4EEB-A614-F7401DF377BB.gif

If these turds didn't get beat 49-0 every week maybe some of them would get the attention they so desperately crave.

Girl kicked, big deal. It happened cause it's Vandy and they suck. She isn't any good and no one who has a chance of winning is going to pull this stunt. So all these pussies opting out maybe should win a few games and this won't happen. Stop crying to the media about it.

Advertisement

We had f@ckin Bubba Baxa on a scholarship!! Who could not hit it from the 1yard line vs. GT. Did he earn his scholarship?

She does not play on a sufficient level?Wtf are you talking about? Heck, we even could have used her on the roster last year with our misery at the kicking position.

We had f@ckin Bubba Baxa on a scholarship!! Who could not hit it from the 1yard line vs. GT. Did he earn his scholarship?

She does not play on a sufficient level?Wtf are you talking about? Heck, we even could have used her on the roster last year with our misery at the kicking position.
Look at her practice kicks and tell me that.

Advertisement
Say the same thing happened at Miami.

Do you think the players would be happy about this?
Assistant coaches?
Fans?

I think a lot of people are cool with it as long as its someone else and somewhere else. I wouldn't be pleased if this was going on here.
I’d be way more ****ed off that Miami was the worst P5 program in the country than some stupid publicity stunt. Honestly, who cares? They suck. Bad. The fact that they ran out some girl soccer player to squib a single kickoff in a meaningless game they were getting crushed in shouldn’t be a big deal. Players should be opting out because they’re embarrassed by the product they put on the field, not because the school was so desperate for any good athletic press they had to use a publicity stunt. No good team would bother with this because they don’t need a tiny beacon of positive press.

Also, Miami doesn’t have a men’s soccer program so it’s very possible Vandy doesn’t either. I remember last year when they didn’t have a kicker who could make an extra point everyone was yelling “just get a dude from the soccer team!” Yeah. There is no men’s soccer team.

As I was saying , there was plenty of better options on campus or on the Vandy team. Some people are still talking vandys record or the score , or the players being mad at her getting their shine lol, but can’t see the issue. That’s why I just moved on. You can’t fix stupid.

These aren’t your typical sec dumb jocks, they saw the school was manipulating and using the situation for publicity and attention. Pandering to the idiots in the media.

What’s shocking is the small amount of folks who can’t see it , like I said “ oh well”.

Advertisement
Back