UGA Rivals editor says Vandy players in revolt and opting out

Advertisement
Advertisement
When you bust your *** to get a scholarship and do everything to play your best and someone undeserving gets preference, it's a source of tension. It doesn't matter if it's a woman or if it's a booster's son who doesn't deserve it.

Look at how everyone was saying we had friction because seniority was rewarded over ability. Do you think that's any different?
Which scholarship players is she getting preference over? That 0-8 team just got whipped 49-0 by stank *** Mizzou. If they're worried about a backup K on a roster with no K available getting too much shine, then they need to get their priorities in order. It would explain why they suck so badly and got run by a ****** program.

She got the opportunity because Vandy was down kickers due to covid. I personally dont think it was a publicity stunt.

The issue i think most have us she was named co special teams player of the week for kicking a 30 yard kickoff. I get it, first female P5 and all

or Imagine you in that locker room and she gives the pep talk at half time.

Advertisement
Update...

What seems to be a point of contention between the players and staff? is how Sarah Fuller won the job over Ryley Guay, who many consider a teammate. Ryley Guay is a grad student who actually was the kicker for Vandy the last two years. He was 9-11 on FGs last year with a long of 49. And he is 65-65 on extra points in his career. He is a grad student with a year of eligibility who, according to Rival's, Chris Lee, wants to kick for Vandy.

Per Lee, the punter Smith, also seemed a viable option, who was a kicker for one of the top teams in the country along with the kicker from Tennessee. When Lee asked why Smith (punter ) would not be kicking, the coach said "Smith is the holder".

There is also confusion over the kickers "health". Earlier today, Lee reported they were all back at practice. But that report was taken down. But a few other SEC boards reported they were available. But interim coach (the OC) said they were not available for Saturday.

Vandy, is private, so there is no way to really know what they are out for or how long they out for. I would assume Covid and therefore assume two weeks.

Sounds like they have a point here...this guy can kick....and they said the reason they chose her is because they needed a kicker when this guy was available?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong

I don’t blame the girl much at all. I blame the people who put her in a position she didn’t deserve. If she went out and boomed a touchback, no one could say a cot **** thing, but that dribbler and her poor attempts at warm up field goals are a good sign she was extremely unqualified for the position she was put in.

I don’t blame the girl at all. They disrespect her and they disrespect women in sports. It’s condescension. The very definition of male condescension towards women. Have your little kick, girl.

Advertisement
I don't have a problem with a woman participating in men's sports IF THEY'RE GOOD ENOUGH and THEY EARNED IT.

But she was HANDED the opportunity (for whatever reason) and is being painted as a legitimate ground-breaking hero.
Ground-breaking would have been if she EARNED IT.

THAT deserves to go down in history.

Sports used to be the one place where you had to EARN your job and legitimately be more talented than your competitors. The best players are CHOSEN through objectivity and fairness. No handouts. That's the part of sports where kids learn the rewards of hard work and dedication.
The hardest working guys with the most dedication and talent play first. And those are the rules that are SUPPOSED TO apply to every person who participates in sports.

This completely contradicts those principles and that's why some people are bothered. It goes against everything that sports are supposed to teach kids

Yeah, well I live in Nashville and what I've heard is she decided to do that on her own. She had only been on the team a few days and she took it upon herself to give an "accountability' speech. A couple of Vandy asst coaches came up to her afterwards and thanked her for saying what needed to be said.

That did not sit well with players on the team. They're 0-8 on the season and getting their heads beat in and someone who has only been with the team a few days gives them a speech and not the coaches? Vandy is a dead program. Many have complained about Miami's administration not supporting the football program but ****, try Vandy. They put very little money into their football program. And other SEC schools take issue with how little they support their football program financially. Vandy has the worst facilities by far in the SEC.

One other aspect of this not being talked about is Vandy hired a female AD a while back. Do you think pushing the female soccer player into the starting kicking role was to appease the AD? Or was it a total kiss a$$ move by Mason? Either way, it backfired horribly.
A lot of this. If you live in Nashville and know anything about Vandy, this is 100% right up their ally

Advertisement
She got the opportunity because Vandy was down kickers due to covid. I personally dont think it was a publicity stunt.

The issue i think most have us she was named co special teams player of the week for kicking a 30 yard kickoff. I get it, first female P5 and all
100% was a publicity stunt I bet out of the 85 scholarship players a handful have kicked and are better than she was but go on and believe she was the best qualified for the job haha

They’re being used for pandering , and it’s bull ****.

This kids went to vandy , not for long term football but for a quality education. These aren’t dumb sec kids , these are smart cats that see through bs that gets the main stream media hard. Fake *** pandering to get clicks , newstime, retweets and some shine/ glory. “ Look how open minded we’re lol, gtfoh.

As I posted other day “ there’s a bunch of guys in that locker room that can kick better than her, there’s a bunch of former high school kickers and punters on that campus better too”. Today the kids are saying that lol, duh. Anyone that’s played knew that , and knew what this was. Fact is they’re cool with losing , anyone that goes there knows the deal , they’ll get beat on for four years and leave with a great education. But even they knew this was ridiculous.

But this is the new era we live in. It’s all fake virtue signaling , look at me , look how great I am , fake *** ****.

Btw, any other time it’s “ but they’re just kids , the poor kids”. Hypocrisy at its best.
If the players attend Vandy mainly for the education - and free at that - it ain’t real smart to opt out before they get their degree.
I agree this was nothing more than a stunt to try and detract from the ****** season they were having. The sad part is this girl was used to perpetrate that stunt.

Sounds like they have a point here...this guy can kick....and they said the reason they chose her is because they needed a kicker when this guy was available?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong
In fairness let me add that the OC/interim HC was asked about this and his response was he would have to pass NCAA Clearinghouse and Covid protocol. I have no idea how time consuming that as. But Chris Lee also stated that the coaching staff didn’t follow up with Guay.

Lee also reported ALL kickers were healthy today but the coach said they were not available for Saturday so who knows who is honest here.

Advertisement
Back