UGA Rivals editor says Vandy players in revolt and opting out

I never said a “bunch of kickers “. I expect better reading comprehension from you. I said “ there’s a bunch of kids in that locker room that can kick better than her”. Which is 100 % true.

Every team has a good amount of guys that kicked and punted in high school because they didn’t have the soccer kid or the dork that only kicked. Most high school don’t.

My high school had at least a dozen guy that could hit extra points and kick the ball to the 15-20 in the air. Just straight line that **** and and big guys can boom it pretty good.

Anyone that’s played would tell you this. I’ve sat and watched UF practices and saw position groups kicking 30-35 yard fg’s messing around lol. She’s a soccer goalie lol, I promise you there wax an unlimited amount of better options on that team and campus.
If vince wilfork can hit field goals in practice anyone on that team can

Advertisement
Probably was posted but she was given sec player of the week by ESPN. I literally laughed when I saw that.
You realize this girl is bigger than a lot of kickers and would 100% kick the **** out of someone like Roberto Aguayo, for example? Y’all are out here acting like every kicker is Mike Tyson or something.

1. Most kickers are gigantic pussies and have zero interest in contact
2. How many tackles you see kickers make a year. We’ve played 8 games. I don’t remember Borregales even being in the picture on any of them after kicking the ball.

Say what you want about the semantics of her kicking. But spare me the safety nonsense. Yeah, she’s probably not Matt Bosher. But you guys realize we literally had a kicker last year who hadn’t gone through puberty yet, right? He weighed 130 pounds. No exaggeration.
Forget safety, she’s supposed to be football player. If we’re talking about gender equality, then she can be blown up just like everyone else. But here’s the point:

SHE CANT KICK!!!!

Wtf is wrong w everyone in this bytch??! The players r upset b/c:
1. They said there were better options
2. They are becoming a circus surrounding a young lady who is unqualified to play the game, yet all the attention is on her
3. She didn’t have to earn chit, yet they are using her gender to pedestal her unfairly
4. She had the gall to try to make a speech to these dudes and she’s a f’ing PR stunt
5. She did not work for chit, yet she’s the poster child for young women to “live their dreams” to play with the boys.

FOH. Katie Hnida was way better than this chick; and she actually scored points in a FBS game. Katie actually had to earn her roster spot.

Last edited:
When you bust your *** to get a scholarship and do everything to play your best and someone undeserving gets preference, it's a source of tension. It doesn't matter if it's a woman or if it's a booster's son who doesn't deserve it.

Look at how everyone was saying we had friction because seniority was rewarded over ability. Do you think that's any different?
Valid point. But it just seems in this situation it would be better to go with the flow.

Advertisement
You realize this girl is bigger than a lot of kickers and would 100% kick the **** out of someone like Roberto Aguayo, for example? Y’all are out here acting like every kicker is Mike Tyson or something.

1. Most kickers are gigantic pussies and have zero interest in contact
2. How many tackles you see kickers make a year. We’ve played 8 games. I don’t remember Borregales even being in the picture on any of them after kicking the ball.

Say what you want about the semantics of her kicking. But spare me the safety nonsense. Yeah, she’s probably not Matt Bosher. But you guys realize we literally had a kicker last year who hadn’t gone through puberty yet, right? He weighed 130 pounds. No exaggeration.
U realize most men are bigger and stronger than women. She’s a big girl but I highly doubt she could beat up a kicker lol ur really reaching here

Some on Vandy board seem to think its more about Mason firing than the female kicker

Advertisement
Forget safety, she’s supposed to be football player. If we’re talking about gender equality, then she can be blown up just like everyone else. But here’s the point:

SHE CANT KICK!!!!

Wtf is wrong is everyone in this bytch??! The players r upset b/c:
1. They said there were better options
2. They are becoming a circus surrounding a young lady who is unqualified to play the game, yet all the attention is on her
3. She didn’t have to earn chit, yet they are using her gender to pedestal her unfairly
4. She had the gall to try to make a speech to these dudes and she’s a f’ing PR stunt
5. She did not work for chit, yet she’s the poster child for young women to “live their dreams” to play with the boys.

FOH. Katie Hnida was way better than this chick; and she actually scored points in a FBS game. Katie actually had to earn her roster spot.
ShE ShATtErEd ThE gLaSS CiELiNG LOL where there isn’t one hahahaha

I never said a “bunch of kickers “. I expect better reading comprehension from you. I said “ there’s a bunch of kids in that locker room that can kick better than her”. Which is 100 % true.

Every team has a good amount of guys that kicked and punted in high school because they didn’t have the soccer kid or the dork that only kicked. Most high school don’t.

My high school had at least a dozen guy that could hit extra points and kick the ball to the 15-20 in the air. Just straight line that **** and and big guys can boom it pretty good.

Anyone that’s played would tell you this. I’ve sat and watched UF practices and saw position groups kicking 30-35 yard fg’s messing around lol. She’s a soccer goalie lol, I promise you there wax an unlimited amount of better options on that team and campus.
Suh and ochocinco kicked FGs in the NFL and boomed it

They've failed on the field all f'n year and they're going to walk out before she even misses a kick? Yall worried about one girl kicker when they got a full roster of *******.
Maybe bc they were a team competitions together and then the Make A Wish Girl came in and was hero lol work ur *** off no matter the result and then someone who did 0 work gets the shine. See how u feel about it

Walking out of a the last game of the season 0-8 because of a girl kicker is the definition of virtue signaling. Anyone with half a brain cell knows this game means nothing, they're looking for a reason to cut the season short and the coach next year isn't starting a girl kicker.

If i'm a player, i'm a little irritated the coaches put so much effort into pushing an agenda during a bad season when their 100% focus should be on the players already in that locker room.

Vandy is bad. They are a joke in football regardless.....but the kids going to that school are not dumb kids. They're putting their bodies on the line for a top-notch education knowing they'll never be great. But to make it worse by prancing out a girl during a real game who can barely get the ball off the ground is making a mockery of the game. It's not a feel good spring game play with a mentally challenge kid running for TD. It's not a halftime basketball contest with a half court shot. It's not a celebrity type mixed *** softball or basketball game. Yeah in the grand scheme it means little to that game but those kids put their bodies on the line day in and day out. There's a time and a place to make a point or push an agenda. This just seemed like a bad time and a bad place to force a female into a male contact sport.

Oh yeah - not to mention, nobody on the other team would have been allowed to hit her. Just say that kick was returned......who's hunting her and putting her on the ground the way they usually do for kickers?

Advertisement
Update...

What seems to be a point of contention between the players and staff? is how Sarah Fuller won the job over Ryley Guay, who many consider a teammate. Ryley Guay is a grad student who actually was the kicker for Vandy the last two years. He was 9-11 on FGs last year with a long of 49. And he is 65-65 on extra points in his career. He is a grad student with a year of eligibility who, according to Rival's, Chris Lee, wants to kick for Vandy.

Per Lee, the punter Smith, also seemed a viable option, who was a kicker for one of the top teams in the country along with the kicker from Tennessee. When Lee asked why Smith (punter ) would not be kicking, the coach said "Smith is the holder".

There is also confusion over the kickers "health". Earlier today, Lee reported they were all back at practice. But that report was taken down. But a few other SEC boards reported they were available. But interim coach (the OC) said they were not available for Saturday.

Vandy, is private, so there is no way to really know what they are out for or how long they out for. I would assume Covid and therefore assume two weeks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I did as well. I wonder who elected her to give the halftime speech

Yeah, well I live in Nashville and what I've heard is she decided to do that on her own. She had only been on the team a few days and she took it upon herself to give an "accountability' speech. A couple of Vandy asst coaches came up to her afterwards and thanked her for saying what needed to be said.

That did not sit well with players on the team. They're 0-8 on the season and getting their heads beat in and someone who has only been with the team a few days gives them a speech and not the coaches? Vandy is a dead program. Many have complained about Miami's administration not supporting the football program but ****, try Vandy. They put very little money into their football program. And other SEC schools take issue with how little they support their football program financially. Vandy has the worst facilities by far in the SEC.

One other aspect of this not being talked about is Vandy hired a female AD a while back. Do you think pushing the female soccer player into the starting kicking role was to appease the AD? Or was it a total kiss a$$ move by Mason? Either way, it backfired horribly.

Advertisement
Back