UGA Rivals editor says Vandy players in revolt and opting out

Also, Miami doesn’t have a men’s soccer program so it’s very possible Vandy doesn’t either. I remember last year when they didn’t have a kicker who could make an extra point everyone was yelling “just get a dude from the soccer team!” Yeah. There is no men’s soccer team.
Dude there’s better kickers on their campus and team. There’s High school kickers all over that campus or guys that can outkick her. That’s not counting the guys on her own team that could out kick her. Which can be done at any campus or program.

Advertisement
I don’t get why the two main protagonists in here can’t agree. She sucks and had no business kicking in the game because there were clearly better options and the Vandy players are a joke for opting out because they suck and are 0-8 which has nothing to do with her kicking in a game they lost 49-0.

Dude bubba was booming every kick out of the back of the end zone and has made 50 yarders in his kicking career. Anyone that compares him to this situation doesn’t deserve a response. He sucked , for a ncaa college male kicker lol. Not a woman’s goalie lol. Jesus.
That's just it. I was willing to defend the situation until I saw her actually kick. That's when I realized it was Mason trying to put Vandy in a position where they could get bad press for firing him.

The worst part is that when a good female kicker comes along, she'll be unfairly compared to this situation.

Advertisement
Dude there’s better kickers on their campus and team. There’s High school kickers all over that campus or guys that can outkick her. That’s not counting the guys on her own team that could out kick her. Which can be done at any campus or program.
I’m not doubting there’s better kickers. I’m just commenting that they don’t have a men’s soccer team because someone made the comment about them ignoring a male soccer player.
The chick wasn’t good. The average kid who kicked in high school is better but honestly I could not give two wet turds about sorry *** Vandy and their fragile players’ feelings.

There was that one girl who walked on at Colorado who was actually competent though. She never played in a game but I saw the video of her hitting field goals in practice that our 2019 kickers would have struggled with.

There was that one girl who walked on at Colorado who was actually competent though. She never played in a game but I saw the video of her hitting field goals in practice that our 2019 kickers would have struggled with.
She was god awful too, but she at least had a long of 38 yards at practice, yes I said 38 yards. So compared to this vandy girl she was ok , but compared to a hs guy she’s still terrible. See when you look at the actual numbers you realize how silly it is comparing to guys or college kickers. Bubba was probably making 38 yard fg’s in games at 13 lol. I mean I was and I was ok and never took it serious. Being dead on accurate and distance is what separates decent guy to college d1 kicker.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Vandy stinks, I get it.
That's not the point.

Here's her quote:
“I just want to tell all the girls out there that you can do anything you set your mind to, you really can.”

It sounds like she will continue to play, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and i'll wait for the results in game situations.
I'm actually rooting for her to hit more FG's than she misses, and to get her kickoffs to around the goal line, because that's what is expected from any college kicker.
But if her practice kicks are any sign of how good of a kicker she is, this is what I want to tell everyone out there, including all the girls and my daughter:

Don't expect anything to be given to you in life.

There are 333 d1 soccer programs across the country, so chances are every d1 program that has football also has women's soccer.
Any one of the d1 football programs across the country could have done this with the same results (kick -off squib kick).

She was god awful too, but she at least had a long of 38 yards at practice, yes I said 38 yards. So compared to this vandy girl she was ok , but compared to a hs guy she’s still terrible. See when you look at the actual numbers you realize how silly it is comparing to guys or college kickers. Bubba was probably making 38 yard fg’s in games at 13 lol. I mean I was and I was ok and never took it serious. Being dead on accurate and distance is what separates decent guy to college d1 kicker.
Bubba was like the 5th rated kicker coming out of high school so he’s not really a good comparison. The dude who kicked for my high school, who didn’t go on to play anywhere in college would never have be asked to kick anything more than a 30 yarder maximum by our coach. I’m sure he probably hit some longer ones on practice but like 90% of high school kickers aren’t making 35+ yard field goals consistently. ****, there’s still teams that go for two every time because they don’t trust their kicker to make an XP.

Bubba was like the 5th rated kicker coming out of high school so he’s not really a good comparison. The dude who kicked for my high school, who didn’t go on to play anywhere in college would never have be asked to kick anything more than a 30 yarder maximum by our coach. I’m sure he probably hit some longer ones on practice but like 90% of high school kickers aren’t making 35+ yard field goals consistently. ****, there’s still teams that go for two every time because they don’t trust their kicker to make an XP.
Disagree.

most can hit a 35 yarder , it’s the constant accuracy that’s the issue and long distance. I played 3-4 kids that could hit 40 yarders in practice , the problem was none of us wanted to kick. A thirty five yarder is nothing, that’s snapping from the eighteen dude.

Advertisement
I never said a “bunch of kickers “. I expect better reading comprehension from you. I said “ there’s a bunch of kids in that locker room that can kick better than her”. Which is 100 % true.

Every team has a good amount of guys that kicked and punted in high school because they didn’t have the soccer kid or the dork that only kicked. Most high school don’t.

My high school had at least a dozen guy that could hit extra points and kick the ball to the 15-20 in the air. Just straight line that **** and and big guys can boom it pretty good.

Anyone that’s played would tell you this. I’ve sat and watched UF practices and saw position groups kicking 30-35 yard fg’s messing around lol. She’s a soccer goalie lol, I promise you there wax an unlimited amount of better options on that team and campus.

Look, you are taking issue with semantics, and hypothesizing about whether 85 other guys are superior kickers. You seem to be basing your entire argument on a comparison of (a) 10 seconds of video of the soccer player attempting one practice kick, against (b) absolutely no evidence of any of the other 85 players attempting anything.

Let's make this simple. The goalie is the position in soccer that attempts the greatest number of unmoving-ball, off-the-ground kicks in soccer for distance and accuracy. Not just in HS practice, but in game-situations. So from a skills standpoint, she is one of the most-qualified and most-prepared athletes at Vanderbilt to utilize as a walk-on. The only "disqualifier", in the eyes of some people, is her gender.

I am pointing out that many people have equated her gender with some sort of lack of skills and abilities. Nobody is arguing whether she has greater, equal, or lesser leg strength than the kicker she was substituting for.

But what you ARE doing is hypothesizing that football players who haven't practiced kicking in years should automatically be assumed to be better kickers than another athlete who has practiced kicking much more recently, solely because those other football players have a *****.

You know, there are plenty of us who see the obvious silliness of naming her "Conference Special Teams Player of the Week", but that doesn't mean that she was not the best available option for an emergency one-game (and one-play) opportunity.

And any Vanderbilt player who "opts out" because she got to kick off one time should be barred from receiving a Division I athletic scholarship. Greg Rousseau opted out to prepare for the NFL draft. Imagine telling your family and friends that you quit football because "a girl" got to kick off one time.

Advertisement
Bubba was probably making 38 yard fg’s in games at 13 lol.
I just wish he could have made them at 20. Well actually, probably not, because we'd still have Enos around if he could

Just as a troll job, I kinda wish Vandy had a Baxa-type K prior to this, and then then the lady kicker put up these stats and then came out and said "see, I'm as good as a boy"

4th & Goal at FLA 11
(9:48 - 4th) Bubba Baxa 27 yd FG MISSED

4th & Goal at UNC 9
(8:46 - 2nd) Bubba Baxa 26 yd FG MISSED

4th & 6 at BCU 13
(3:27 - 1st) Bubba Baxa 30 yd FG MISSED

All of yall talkin' about Vandy's record and the 49-0 score of their game are completely missing the point. SMH

This. Whole. Stunt. Sends. The. Wrong. Message!
Just curious - what “message” do you think is being sent by a girl attempting a squib kick?

Dude bubba was booming every kick out of the back of the end zone and has made 50 yarders in his kicking career. Anyone that compares him to this situation doesn’t deserve a response. He sucked , for a ncaa college male kicker lol. Not a woman’s goalie lol. Jesus.
Bubba was 5-10 last year and missed 2 xps as well. He was the #1 rated kicker in his class.

The virtue signalers and your bunched panty squad are the same. Your both easily rattled by trivial BS.

Bubba was 5-10 last year and missed 2 xps as well. He was the #1 rated kicker in his class.

The virtue signalers and your bunched panty squad are the same. Your both easily rattled by trivial BS.
Ding Ding Ding.

80% of the country saw “this” (a girl squib kicking) shrugged and gave a golf clap. And now we’re all just laughing at the 10% on each extreme while they argue with each other.

Advertisement
Back