UGA Rivals editor says Vandy players in revolt and opting out

They EARN most of their preferential treatment. They're talented, dedicated and good at what they do. They bring tons of money into their school.

This person was GIVEN preferential treatment because they have a ******.
How dare you , Anderson cooper will be kicking your door open while calling you a misogynist / sexist any minute. Men are evil , women get no preferential treatment. She was a brave , powerful woman that went through a gauntlet of men kickers to prove her superiority to them. She’s a hero that won special teams player of the week for a reason.

I’m sure cnn has used something like this.

Advertisement
They EARN

This person was GIVEN
yep....

Its not about Fuller Kicking... Its about why she was chosen over others like Harrison Smith - the punter? And Don't give me because he's the holder..

BTW... If D. Mason wasn't a strong enough coach to TELL Harrison Smith - you are kicking this week period. Then There is a reason why he should have been canned.

JC

yep....

Its not about Fuller Kicking... Its about why she was chosen over others like Harrison Smith - the punter? And Don't give me because he's the holder..

BTW... If D. Mason wasn't a strong enough coach to TELL Harrison Smith - you are kicking this week period. Then There is a reason why he should have been canned.

JC
Coach mason doesn’t come off as the type to pull this off, I’d be willing to bet it came from somebody higher up. He knew his *** was grass as the hc.

Do you think scholarships are just handed out to anyone that asks for one? Or are there not certain requirements that student-athletes must meet in order to remain on scholarship? Like, say (at a minimum), play in football games that make the school millions of dollars.
I don't get what your point is. I was responding to Cribby's post about the mindset Vanderbilt players already has on scholarship.

This kids went to vandy , not for long term football but for a quality education. These aren’t dumb sec kids , these are smart cats that see through bs that gets the main stream media hard. Fake *** pandering to get clicks , newstime, retweets and some shine/ glory. “ Look how open minded we’re lol, gtfoh.
All I did was add emphasis that while on scholarship they were being provided a free education to a quality institution.
As I posted other day “ there’s a bunch of guys in that locker room that can kick better than her, there’s a bunch of former high school kickers and punters on that campus better too”. Today the kids are saying that lol, duh. Anyone that’s played knew that , and knew what this was. Fact is they’re cool with losing , anyone that goes there knows the deal , they’ll get beat on for four years and leave with a great free education. But even they knew this was ridiculous.
Read more carefully.

Carry on.

They EARN most of their preferential treatment. They're talented, dedicated and good at what they do. They bring tons of money into their school.

And she brought more attention/publicity than vandy has had in years. Its a business.

Bet shes more academically qualified for vandy than half that roster ..... if you really want to start breaking preferential treatments down.

Advertisement
Derek Mason is seemingly a good dude, just not a great head coach. We've seen this HERE.

Got a nice feel good moment with Sarah Fuller on his way out and the patriarchy is v mad online and offline as a result. Vandy is dog **** and they made the news because they did something no other P5 team has ever done...if the players are mad over that...stay mad, maybe bring that anger to the field and win a game and stop being sorry af.

SMH. It's not about the "girl attempting to squib kick".
I already explained in my last post why this is a bad thing.
So the supposed message is - the meritocracy of sport is now irreparably damaged. Because... reasons.

The part I’m not getting is how something can simultaneously be a token publicity stunt and some grand design at destroying sports (and, by extension, American society) as we know it.

Coach mason doesn’t come off as the type to pull this off, I’d be willing to bet it came from somebody higher up. He knew his *** was grass as the hc.
I tend to believe that however - If you are dead man walking like Mason was - what does he have to lose saying no to doing crap like this. He should get some sort of culpability in this also even entertaining this... no?

JC

I don't get what your point is. I was responding to Cribby's post about the mindset Vanderbilt players already has on scholarship.

All I did was add emphasis that while on scholarship they were being provided a free education to a quality institution.

Read more carefully.

Carry on.
It’s not free. Not that hard to comprehend.

Advertisement
I tend to believe that however - If you are dead man walking like Mason was - what does he have to lose saying no to doing crap like this. He should get some sort of culpability in this also even entertaining this... no?

JC
Possible , I just don’t get that vibe from him but nothing surprises me anymore with society. Social media has created a hunger for attention. Even journalism has become opinionism. They know know the loudest gets the most money. That’s why the only news i somewhat follow is independent journalists , and you got to watch them too.

Nobody is crying about Venables playing his 2 star daughter over legit 4 and 5 stars that absolutely EARNED their preferential treatment.

If they’re a P5 school (spoiler, they are) then they have more than 1 kicker.

Miami has Camden Price (we saw last year), Turner Davidson, and Suleman Burrows who’s listed as a corner but can kick decent.

None of these guys are on a scholly but they can all kick 35+ yard field goals easily and land a kickoff inside the 10.

If you believe Vandy doesn’t have comparable options and SF was the best option on the entire campus, I am seriously concerned for you.

The sad part is the people championing it are the same people who don’t realize how actually degrading it is.

Last edited:
So the supposed message is - the meritocracy of sport is now irreparably damaged. Because... reasons.

The part I’m not getting is how something can simultaneously be a token publicity stunt and some grand design at destroying sports (and, by extension, American society) as we know it.
I don't think anybody said that it's "destroying" anything.

Advertisement

What is the difference between those players getting better treatment because of "bringing tons of money into the school" and what Sarah Fuller brought to Vanderbilt on Saturday and maybe going forward? They used her as a commodity just like any other player. The difference is no one cares about any other Vandy player. Cynically she was given preferential treatment because she was the most marketable person associated with Vandy football not named Jay Cutler. Her "******" is more valuable in the short term to Vandy than any one else on that roster.

And she brought more attention/publicity than vandy has had in years. Its a business.

Bet shes more academically qualified for vandy than half that roster ..... if you really want to start breaking preferential treatments down.
You "bet" that? What would make you think such a thing? Cause they're "big dumb football players"?

And LOL if you don't see something wrong with your first sentence.
So a girl was used to bring publicity to Vandy and you see nothing wrong with that?
Cause this should be looked at as "business".

-Team is O-7
-Coach on Hot seat
-Teams 3 kickers have Covid Related issues
-Punter/Holder and emergency kicker was regarded as a Nationally regarded kicker in HS
-Soccer Player Captain who never played or kicked a football in a game before is walking on campus..

who would you chose?

JC

Advertisement
What is the difference between those players getting better treatment because of "bringing tons of money into the school" and what Sarah Fuller brought to Vanderbilt on Saturday and maybe going forward? They used her as a commodity just like any other player. The difference is no one cares about any other Vandy player. Cynically she was given preferential treatment because she was the most marketable person associated with Vandy football not named Jay Cutler. Her "******" is more valuable in the short term to Vandy than any one else on that roster.

So this is fine? LOL

And don't say this is the same thing as them "using" football players.
Those football players EARNED their FOOTBALL scholarships and spot on the roster.

-Team is O-7
-Coach on Hot seat
-Teams 3 kickers have Covid Related issues
-Punter/Holder and emergency kicker was regarded as a Nationally regarded kicker in HS
-Soccer Player Captain who never played or kicked a football in a game before is walking on campus..

who would you chose?

JC
I’d choose the soccer player then I’d show my girlfriend my post and say she’s a hero.

I don't think anybody said that it's "destroying" anything.
So... (maybe I’m just block headed, and need it set out in really plain terms) what’s the issue?

Nobody was hurt. Nothing happened. It was a useless publicity stunt. But... (here’s where I need the help).

I wonder how all the clearly personally offended old dudes feel about Larry Doby and Satchel Page.

Advertisement
Back