Tyshon Dye *RB Depth* we kinda need this kid now...........

DJ is a great athlete but he's not the rare transcendent type. There's a reason teams weren't recruiting him as a rb.

Bruh what are you even arguing for? From what he's shown in high school, we know more about him as a RB than as a WR or DB! I really don't get why you are calling him a WR, as if he wasn't taken as an athete that can play multiple positions. Its not like I'm saying move Cager to RB. ****, I'd be willing to bet that Berrios can be an adequate RB if in a game we absolutely needed him to be. **** Tavon Austin plays RB from time to time, so maybe Thomas or Harley could also at certain times.

And Yes we're playing a lot of scrubs. So put Deejay in at RB the second half for those games. He has a greater potential to make a difference at RB or Safety this year than he does WR...especially when we have another 3 Wrs that will be coming in the summer.
Also, as of this moment saying Burns has a "shoulder injury" doesn't mean he will be out still for fall practice. And Gray should be back by fall practices also. Just remember its only spring.

the more people worry about the 3rd/4th RB spot, the more I believe Deejay should play RB.

Put the brick weed down. Burns has been out of action his entire career so it's more than reasonable to think he can't be counted on in the fall. With gray STILL not practicing you're hoping our WR is going to be our 3rd RB, That's great. I'm not saying he's a terrible option. I'm saying we need another RB PERIOD whether or not he's more talented than Deejay doesn't matter. It's you that's getting your panties bunched over an EE exception 1 year down the line. Our depth this year is much more important than 1 EE next year.

lol stop trolling. DJ isn't "our WR". He's being tried out at WR FIRST, but even Richt himself said he could play RB for us if we needed him to.

Dude is gonna be the second leading rusher on the team this year and you're pre-whining about him. lulz.

Wow... You're predicting more rushing yards out of DeeJay than Homer. How does that happen?

If it happens, Teddy declares himself Teddy Koresh. If it doesn't then we never hear about it again.

Advertisement
2016 RUSHING STATISTICS

NAME CAR YDS AVG LONG TD

Mark Walton 209 1117 5.3 80 (TD) 14
Joseph Yearby 102 608 6.0 64 (TD) 7 GONE
Gus Edwards 59 290 4.9 74 (TD) 1 GONE
Malik Rosier 2 65 32.5 46 1
Travis Homer 7 44 6.3 17 0

* Trayone Gray
* Robert Burns

We currently have TWO healthy RB's on our roster. Get Dye simply for depth and scout team work.

2016 RUSHING STATISTICS

NAME CAR YDS AVG LONG TD

* Trayone Gray
* Robert Burns

We currently have TWO healthy RB's on our roster. Get Dye simply for depth and scout team work.

If Rosier doesn't start at QB, he can always move to take over as our 3rd string RB

2016 RUSHING STATISTICS

NAME CAR YDS AVG LONG TD

* Trayone Gray
* Robert Burns

The fact that people are against taking him is asinine. He is very much needed, and for more than just scout team IMO. He will get meaningful carries.

Advertisement
2016 RUSHING STATISTICS

NAME CAR YDS AVG LONG TD

* Trayone Gray
* Robert Burns

The fact that people are against taking him is asinine. He is very much needed, and for more than just scout team IMO. He will get meaningful carries.

Richt publicly saying they need to bring someone in, pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Last edited:
2016 RUSHING STATISTICS

NAME CAR YDS AVG LONG TD

* Trayone Gray
* Robert Burns

Right publicly saying they need to bring someone in, pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Yup, Teddy doesn't know ****.

I'll take Dye just to have another body, but if we make it to our 5th RB then I'd rather roll with Crispy Atkins or Deejay Dallas.

Wasn't Sayonara Gray doing squats with 465 a couple weeks ago? I'd say he's well on his way to being ready for fall practice.

I'll take Dye just to have another body, but if we make it to our 5th RB then I'd rather roll with Crispy Atkins or Deejay Dallas.

Wasn't Sayonara Gray doing squats with 465 a couple weeks ago? I'd say he's well on his way to being ready for fall practice.

Gray is definitely going to be ready to go by the time the season starts.
And Burns has a **** shoulder injury. No shoulder injury is going to keep you out 5 months.

And Richt has been talking about adding another guy, Dye, at RB, but hasn't mentioned anything about Deejay Dallas. So its reasonable that he is really only looking to add one more RB. He doesn't have to look very far, as he has someone at WR that can do it.

It really is amazing how much some people don't want to use the simplest most logical answer to a depth problem, which is move Deejay Dallas to Rb. Instead they want to get a graduate transfer, who probably wouldn't even be as good as Dallas, and has an injury history probably worse than Burns, just to have him be our 3rd string RB. Also, I really don't get why a graduate transfer, looking to get more PT than he got at Clemson (only about 20-30 carries/yr) would come to Miami where we have a definite starter in place, that honestly he has almost no chance of beating out.

Advertisement
Taking a running back who would be no higher than 3rd or 4th on depth chart doesn't do that kid any service really who has stated he wants to play. Our season will not depend on a 4th string running back. Walton will get 65-70% of the carries , homer about 20% and then gray and burns the remaining. They absolutely love walton and homer

Last edited:

Who is Crispy Atkins? The Google says he's a walk-on.

Fact is, Deejay can play RB, and should be moved to RB, as I've been saying since Anthony Macfarland chose Maryland. Do that, and we don't need no **** grad transfer RB. We would still have Gray and Burns by the time the season starts. Its not my fault you're too worried about the possibility of injuries. What are the **** chances our top 4 RBs (Walton, Homer, Burns, Gray) get injured in a season? Extremely unlikely.

Two of the 4 are already down!

Gray is definitely going to be ready to go by the time the season starts.
And Burns has a **** shoulder injury. No shoulder injury is going to keep you out 5 months.

And Richt has been talking about adding another guy, Dye, at RB, but hasn't mentioned anything about Deejay Dallas. So its reasonable that he is really only looking to add one more RB. He doesn't have to look very far, as he has someone at WR that can do it.

It really is amazing how much some people don't want to use the simplest most logical answer to a depth problem, which is move Deejay Dallas to Rb. Instead they want to get a graduate transfer, who probably wouldn't even be as good as Dallas, and has an injury history probably worse than Burns, just to have him be our 3rd string RB. Also, I really don't get why a graduate transfer, looking to get more PT than he got at Clemson (only about 20-30 carries/yr) would come to Miami where we have a definite starter in place, that honestly he has almost no chance of beating out.

Richt said Dallas could play RB right after the first or second practice.

Advertisement
In Richt's presser today, he reiterated that they want to bring someone in
Something must be in the works. Grad transfers don't just grow on trees.

Pete said on WQAM yesterday that is sounds like Dye is down to Miami and SMU. I'm guessing the only reason he is considering SMU is because he knows playing time would come a lot easier there. Pete said we should know within the next 2 weeks.

Advertisement
He wants to play a lot, mark walton is an established starter who will get majority of the carries. If push come to shove move deejay back there to help for the season.

A group of
Walton
Homer
Gray
Burns
Should get the job done and possibly deejay

Last edited:
He wants to play a lot, mark walton is an established starter who will get majority of the carries. If push come to shove move deejay back there too help for the season.

A group of
Walton
Homer
Gray
Burns

Gray is not an ACC running back and is coming off major surgery
Burns is Mr Glass

Pray to God Walton holds up and Homer can take some touches. Scary thin

He wants to play a lot, mark walton is an established starter who will get majority of the carries. If push come to shove move deejay back there too help for the season.

A group of
Walton
Homer
Gray
Burns

Burns is Mr Glass

Yup. I'd say we should probably move Deejay to RB for a year. We should have good depth at reciever after all the freshman arrive. It makes sense to take someone from that group and move them to our thinnest position IMO.

Especially considering the uncertainty at QB. We will probably be relying on our running game a lot.

A group of
Walton
Homer
Gray
Burns

Burns is Mr Glass

It's the card we are dealt it is what it is. Ain't no point in whining about a 3rd or 4th string running back like they would play meaningful minutes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back